Transmute: Living Elements Clarification

85 Worgen Death Knight
Unfortunately just now finding out that transmute spec isn't actually guaranteed, what a waste :( This is really a terrible use of a transmute without the guaranteed spec proc.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Not only isn't it garunteed, but the chance to proc seems terrible. I have done 3-4, thankfully NONE in Deepholm and have only received 14 each time...never any bonuses.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I have noticed that is says transmute masters will always produce more than the average 14-16... does this mean we get 17-20 or 14-16 of one and an additional 14-16 of another.

Example. Transmute master in Uldum, Transmutes 15 Volatile Life and receives 20 (or for the sake of argument, 30) Volatile Air... or perhaps they get 15 air and 15 earth?

yeah, I might be confusing the issue, but then it helps to make it easier to understand by asking, huh?

Not switching the subject necessarily, but are there any additional recipes/transmutes that will be "Discoverable" when brewing our concoctions? I miss the good old days in WotLK when I got Owl to 80 and really got into the game. I loved it when "Owlaf has discovered a new ____!" appeared for all to see. I learned just about everything I can find... Will I be discovering more, and will there be an endless mana/health potion for us 85 players?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
12/16/2010 2:03 PMPosted by Owlaf
I have noticed that is says transmute masters will always produce more than the average 14-16... does this mean we get 17-20 or 14-16 of one and an additional 14-16 of another.

Example. Transmute master in Uldum, Transmutes 15 Volatile Life and receives 20 (or for the sake of argument, 30) Volatile Air... or perhaps they get 15 air and 15 earth?

yeah, I might be confusing the issue, but then it helps to make it easier to understand by asking, huh?

Not switching the subject necessarily, but are there any additional recipes/transmutes that will be "Discoverable" when brewing our concoctions? I miss the good old days in WotLK when I got Owl to 80 and really got into the game. I loved it when "Owlaf has discovered a new ____!" appeared for all to see. I learned just about everything I can find... Will I be discovering more, and will there be an endless mana/health potion for us 85 players?

Thanks!

The post was updated later in the thread: post #42

As a correction to this statement, alchemists with Transmutation specialization will currently only have a chance to receive bonus Volatile elements when completing Transmute: Living Elements. The bonus and its chance of success will not be determined by the zone in which the transmutation is completed.

Apologies for the confusion. After testing, this has been confirmed as intended.
Edited by Juuna on 12/17/2010 3:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
has anyone mentioned how annoying it is to have the newly created volatiles not stack with existing stacks?
Reply Quote
12/09/2010 11:51 PMPosted by Sorreal
It would be awesome if the recipe actually said it wasn't random in those zones in the actual tooltip instead of just misleading us... thanks...

I agree with you there.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Please unlink the Truegold transmute with the Living elements transmute. Alchy already has so few uses at max level, Id like to use my alchy twice a day instead of once. Bad enough that the living elements additional procs is a low proc rate that I have yet to see. Theres no reason these should be on the same 24 HOUR cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
EDIT: didn't see the 3rd page blue comment
Edited by Stonylocksom on 12/20/2010 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/10/2010 2:03 PMPosted by Syrop
Question, does this share a cooldown with Transmute: Truegold?

Yeop!

And for the full 12 hours to boot!

Lucky you, my CD is 24 hours for some reason.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Why is this transmute setup this way? It's actually HORRIBLE for transmute masters. On other transmutes (ie. old epic gems) you have a CHANCE to proc 100%~400% extra. On this one you get completely screwed and your chance to proc extra is only like 7~25% or something? On top of that you don't even have control over the transmute procs!

In the first place the only reason transmute master was even viable was because even though the "bonus" was limited to a timer you still got the % extra and the items you could transmute were rare. Previous "element" things like eternal fire were a waste of the timer and this transmute could of solved that neatly if the proc chance worked normally.

Right now the price on volatiles is still high so the transmute itself is valuable but that just means for now you're better off switching to flask master / potion master and making out like a bandit on procs that don't even require a cooldown. Truegold is barely making a profit in comparison to these other masteries.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Not trying to sound rude but when ever you did a transmute (as a transmute master) with any other transmute, did you ALWAYS get a bonus? no, no you didn't, so why QQ about this new one not giving you the bonus? from the post's on this page, the only REAL ones here are the people having the probs about not getting ANYTHING in return, I as of yet have not had this prob, but i feel for all your people that have lost your 15 life to only get a CD in return.

and as for the shared CD for living and truegold, its a damn good idea that they are. its like saying (back in wrath) lets transmute unlimited epic gems just cos its lame and useless not to.

just my 2 cents but it makes a lot of sense to have them shared seeing as this ISN'T a wrath world anymore and things are not handed to you on a silver platter
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
12/22/2010 5:56 AMPosted by Teljar
Not trying to sound rude but when ever you did a transmute (as a transmute master) with any other transmute, did you ALWAYS get a bonus?

Never but when you DID get a bonus it was much larger than this. Currently you can proc up to FOUR Truegold bars from one transmute for instance. Pretty rare but even x1 truegold proc is worth about 1.2k gold on my server.

I suspect with this you can't get anywhere near (what should be the maximum via normal rules) a proc of 56 volatiles. I'm not arguing it should be possible but to make it worthwhile for transmute masters it should give something like 5~20 extra when it procs. Anything less than that and you are better off dropping transmute master if you use this transmute.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
your point is well noted, seeing as you would get x2 up to x4 of the tiem you transmute, so i can understand that. but with a transmute like living elements i would say it would be OP in a sense to get say 16 air and 64 earth. i think just getting the bonus of 14 - 16 of another element is a big bonus for transmute mastery. as for the truegold, i haven't worked that hard on my alch yet as i have been swapping between lvling all my profs.

as for the use of truegold, being needed for the epics that need the new orbs, the roll settings for them are sweet, meaning people that "need" them are only able to roll for them, a VERY nice feature added there, great job blizz
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
just did min in uldum and got 15x air and 19x water YAY!!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I've gotten 14 everytime I've done elements other then once and it was 15, and since we got blues reading this can we unlink the TBC. Wotlk and Cata transmutes
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Could we please get two changes to this skill?

1.) Get rid of the shared cooldown between metals/stones and elements. Having this burn the Truegold cooldown is just absolutely a double-whammy of a penalty to pay for Alchemists. The two penalties are the cooldown timer AND shared with a hugely-valued cooldown (read: Truegold).

2.) Change the cooldown timer on it to be a bit more considerate for time. There is already an investment from the Alchemist to obtain the materials to perform the transmute, why is there an additional one with the half-a-day cooldown timer as well? The transmute is not resulting in a highly-sought-after rare crafting item (like Truegold). It is simply transforming an element from one type to another.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
An additional request for Transmute: Living Elements

Could we please get it on a stable cooldown? 14:42, 9:36, etc for cooldowns being what seems to be random is a real pain-in-the-butt to track/keep up with.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Yeah as a transmute master i have yet to get any procs whatsoever, not to qq or anything, but whats the point of being a TM if u dont get any procs?
TMSP.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
I;m only Curious, but what would this yield in the other Cata zones, say Twighlight Highlands, or Tol Barad?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/27/2010 11:26 AMPosted by Acacius
Could we please get it on a stable cooldown? 14:42, 9:36, etc for cooldowns being what seems to be random is a real pain-in-the-butt to track/keep up with.

Thanks.

Are you recording at what point in the day you're doing these transmutes?

The way it works, as I understand it on my alchemist, is that the timer is set to count down until 12:00am server time on the next day.

So, say you do the transmute at 8:00pm server time, the cooldown on the transmute would then be four hours. Blizz did this so you wouldn't be penalized for something as ridiculous as getting home late from work and missing the end of your CD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]