Heals cost too much for pvp

85 Blood Elf Paladin
A few weeks ago blizz made a comment of something along the lines of how dps is like sprinting and healing is like a mile run. Dps just go go go as fast as they can while healing is more of using the right else for the right situation. How does this translate to pvp? The dps pumps out damage, while the healers are left casting fast heals (the right heal for the situation) and burn themselves out of mana. Dps never run out of resources going "full speed ahead" while healers go oom in about 5mins top trying to keep up with the damage.

TL:DR Heals cost way too much for the flow of the pvp setting. If dps can dps indefinitely, healers should be able to heal indefinitely
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You should never run out of mana unless you are being mana burned.

People need to get a grip, kill the healer first.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2010 5:51 PMPosted by Shallen

I'm not much of one for mindless insults, but you're an idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2010 5:55 PMPosted by Choo
12/09/2010 5:51 PMPosted by Shallen

I'm not much of one for mindless insults, but you're an idiot.

How so?

Is Cata PvP really that much different? It's always been when the healer dies, the rest of the group will go down too.

I can't remember the last time I ran oom from healing alone, other than in arena when it was a mana war vs a holy pally or another resto druid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It has nothing to do with killing healers first. There is no balance between healers and dps if in order to successfully counter dps dmg healers go oom. Dps can dps without running out of resources, if a healer even attempts to keep up with the flow of dmg he will run out of resources way too fast. The healer design for pve clashes with the flow of pvp, its that simple. Pvp healing is broken
Edited by Ledin on 12/9/2010 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Is Cata PvP really that much different?

Yes. Read the forums and you'll understand why.

Better yet, level your druid. Look at the changes.
Edited by Choo on 12/9/2010 6:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly the only solution i see, is if reslience lowers dmg by a huge amount so that our low cost long cast heal can keep up with the dmg output. But if we are expected to sit in pvp throwing out 2.5-3sec cast heals something needs to be done with interupts. Like adding a few seconds to the cd. In pve it may be the design to let ppl sit around at 50% hp all fight... but in pvp that is just silly
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I think it's way, way too early to come to conclusions about the future of time/efficiency in PvP healing. The people who have invested in profession resilience gear are in the minority, and the season (and the availability of rewards) has not yet begun.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Gear will not fix the fact that healers are now standing stationary and having to apparently rely on long-cast heals. If the idea is that we're to spend the vast majority of the fight silenced and/or incapacitated, Blizz sure nailed down the way to do it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]