Redirect

100 Troll Rogue
Does anyone like this ability? I said like, I didn't say, "will anyone use this ability in certain situations?"

It just doesn't seem right to me. the most I can see it doing is allowing a rogue to get up a quick rupture on a target in pve or allowing for a ks on an off target in pvp (or extreme cases in pvp where you need that extra 6 seconds of cc).

Several other classes can stun an off target with less/no set up and equal/lesser cooldowns.

I just don't think the devs thought this ability through.
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
Even though i don't have the ability, i still don't like it, i think combo points should be on the rogue. Also, the argument that it would be overpowered if i could kidney shot a healer/dps off target with combo points on me counter argument is weak because other classes can do the same thing, and i can do the same exact thing Without redirect with gouge.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Rogue
i think combo points should be linked to the rogue, but this does have some utility. in pvp you can stack combo points on someone and swap to a healer to stun long enough to leave his team defenseless, and it might be useful in some pve boss fights.

mostly i'm annoyed that all the moves we get are really situational, while most, if not all, of the other classes got some really neat stuff.

edit: i see you're asking if i like it, not the utility. i dunno, i'm kinda disappointed with it, and our other 2 moves, they seem like something you'd have by lv 30 to help leveling.
Edited by Pokypoke on 12/9/2010 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
12/09/2010 7:03 PMPosted by Vaelk
its badly designed, that said redirecting 5cps kidney shot to break that uninteruptable flay.. is kinda cool :)

you mean mindflay right? might as well ks your main target and gouge the priest, works just as well but it doesnt require the use of a long cooldown.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The ability is designed to let you setup for a hard switch to a focus target. Rogues have lots of problem performing target switches because of the build-up time of Combo Points (an intended mechanism of the class, so stop asking for CP to be on the Rogue). Redirect allows you to move those CP that you built up while helping to peel that Warrior/Death Knight to a softer target like a Mage or Priest when the switch is called.

It's also decent in PvE when facing a boss with adds. You don't have to "dump" CP before switching to the add.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
12/09/2010 8:25 PMPosted by Zephyrus
The ability is designed to let you setup for a hard switch to a focus target. Rogues have lots of problem performing target switches because of the build-up time of Combo Points (an intended mechanism of the class, so stop asking for CP to be on the Rogue). Redirect allows you to move those CP that you built up while helping to peel that Warrior/Death Knight to a softer target like a Mage or Priest when the switch is called.

It's also decent in PvE when facing a boss with adds. You don't have to "dump" CP before switching to the add.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've never seriously played a rogue. And Feral doesn't count.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/09/2010 8:31 PMPosted by Hoipolloi

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've never seriously played a rogue. And Feral doesn't count.

You better jump right off that limb, given that my Rogue (Treachery of Firetree) was my main through Classic and TBC. And yes, I did Arena with him in TBC.

So now I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're just here to whine now. Redirect resolves one of the major problems with the Rogue class -- having to build up CP on a target switch. Rogues have been complaining about this issue for YEARS, and it was one of the greatest limiting factors of Rogue utility in highly dynamic situations, such as PvP or certain PvE events.

Of course, you aren't supposed to be able to move those CP around at-will, which is why the ability has a (relatively) short cooldown. Other than that cooldown, the ability costs nothing more than a GCD and can be used from 40 yards away.

Rogues aren't going to have their CP stored on them as opposed to their target any time in the foreseeable future. Neither are Feral Druids. This ability provides Rogues with some much-needed flexibility in dynamic situations.

I guess that's quite the response given that you are really just here to whine.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
I really dislike it. But i'd trade you for Stampeding Roar. ;)
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
Redirect is on the GCD.

L
O
L
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior

12/09/2010 8:21 PMPosted by Criver
Its great in Arena...

one trick pony, one trick. Might as well make the lvl 83 spell called "imp KS: when activated your kidneyshot no longer requires combo points, but can only occur once a minute. Regular Kidneyshot remains the same. shares a cooldown with kidneyshot"

Because that exactly what it is, no more, no less. Just make it this then and save rogues a macro spot.

Also Throwdown, HoJ and Deep Freeze say hi and laugh at their awkward and retarded cousin, Redirect, while sipping Martinis and enjoying the good life.

Reply Quote
12/09/2010 8:43 PMPosted by Zephyrus
Redirect resolves one of the major problems with the Rogue class.

No, it doesn't. It band-aids one of the major problems with the Rogue class for those at levels 83, 84, and 85.

Rogues have been complaining about this issue for YEARS, and it was one of the greatest limiting factors of Rogue utility in highly dynamic situations, such as PvP or certain PvE events.

Poor gameplay is probably one of the reasons Rogues are going from the least played class to ... less played. Moreover, it is STILL one of the greatest limiting factors of Rogue utility in anything except 1 player v 1 mob fights.

Of course, you aren't supposed to be able to move those CP around at-will, which is why the ability has a (relatively) short cooldown.

Funny how everyone knows what Blizzard intends, and how it always supports their argument. You are not a Blizzard employee (or at least not openly one), and therefore you do not have the authority to speak for game designers intend.

Other than that cooldown, the ability costs nothing more than a GCD and can be used from 40 yards away.

One second is a LOT of time, especially to do something that every other class in the game:
1) gets for free.
2) can do starting at level 1.
3) takes no time to do.

Rogues aren't going to have their CP stored on them as opposed to their target any time in the foreseeable future. Neither are Feral Druids. This ability provides Rogues with some much-needed flexibility in dynamic situations.

Again, you are not Blizzard. You don't have a say when and/or if this is implemented. Stop pretending that you know, and let players suggest what they want for better game play.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I love Redirect, it just needs a shorter cooldown (20-30s).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
12/09/2010 8:25 PMPosted by Zephyrus

rogues have been great in every area of the game so far without it so I dont really call having to build cps a major rogue problem. Rogues have other ways to peel/get 5 cps quickly with a cooldown of equal length.

I just don't see the ability as useful, I'm sure it will help in certain situations, but do bosses only spawn adds at 1 per minute? Is it really amazing for target switching in pvp? Its only use is redirect kidney and most other classes don't have to spend an extra cooldown to stun an off target.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
12/10/2010 4:17 AMPosted by Volte
12/09/2010 10:07 PMPosted by Kayc
Redirect is on the GCD.

Yah that part is extremely annoying. It needs to be off the GCD
[quote="14059959365"]I love Redirect, it just needs a shorter cooldown (20-30s).

and I agree with this as well

Overall I like it, but being off the GCD is a MUST even without a shorter cooldown.[/quote]

true, that would atleast make it more usable.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
12/09/2010 7:08 PMPosted by Pokypoke
i think combo points should be linked to the rogue.

I have wanted this ever since I rolled a rogue. However probably never going to see it.

Redirect has its moments, but my keybinds. are pretty much all taken by more important abilities so it usually takes me a few seconds to use it when I need to.

And yeah, shorter cd would be nice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]