how do i not go oom?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
if the tank gets hit like a truck, and i start spamming divine i go oom within a few casts...even when i pre cast holy light/holy shock at the end of casts

what do you guys do healing the new dungeons?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Spamming heals is bad. Triage is good.

Also, don't forget to judge for mana!
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
It also may be other variables as well. how is your tank being hit like a truck? lucky crits from a boss, or is he pulling too many mobs? people (including experiences tanks like myself) tend to forget that pulling groups of mobs and holding them down is a thing of the past. If the tank is holding more then 2 mobs he's organizing the pulls wrong.

If he's only handling 1 or 2 mobs and health is dropping like a rock there could also be gear issues as well. Defense is gone now, so it's tougher for tanks to have an easy gauge on their defensive stats. said tank(s) may be too low in block/parry/evade, or perhaps not timing Cd's right. Crit avoidance cap was the standard previously, and from there you simply stacked health. now we have 3 different defensive stats to juggle, with talents and other things as variables in the total equation as well. they may have decent health, but their parry and evade skills suck.

so check the other variables as well. is DPS CC'ing other mobs like they should? I know it's easy to focus solely on our heals (holy is my offspec), but at the same time, there have been allot of changes in instance mechanics, and DPS and tanks now need to adjust. DPS need to pull more eight in control mechanisms, and tanks need to manage CD's and incoming damage, in addition to healers having to triage.

Are you ooming healing the tank solely? or is there other heals going out to party members that are eating up precious mana? unfortunately, our mana is the standard upon which most this stuff weighs now. if DPS isn't doing their job (CC, managing threat to avoid damage), and tanks aren't doing theirs (managing incoming damage via CD's and overall # of mobs being tanked), then you will OOM. on the downside, if your slakin, you'll OOM as well.

groups now have to pick their fights carefully, and learn to manage. I'm still expecting many complaints tho, so be prepared to thicken the skin "healer heal me wtf!"
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Use Holy Shock whenever it's up, and I mean whenever. Word of Glory as soon as it's available, or Beacon of Light. Neither of these spells cost mana, they should account for a majority of your healing. I find for big pulls where everyone is taking damage, jumping right in and popping Holy Radiance + Beacon works great. I use Divine Light and FoL only when necessary, they use way too much mana to be spamming.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
one "trick" i use for pulls i know that have high initial damage output, is to build up 3 HP before the tank pulls through casting holy light on your beacon target (which will often alsp proc the double holy shock thingo)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Stop using WoG it's as simple as that. If you use LoD instead of WoG you heal everyone including the tank for much more; all it takes is good positioning on your part.

WoG heals for roughly 12-13k right now give or take, LoD 8-9k. If you hit 2 people and the tank with LoD you're healing for 17k just on the tank assuming you actually have your beacon on the tank. Glyphed hitting 6 targets (5 man with pets) that's a 29k heal.

Because of the change to the talent eternal glory only being able to proc off itself once in a row maximum this makes LoD vastly superior to WoG and when used to its full potential our hardest healing spell.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

12/10/2010 4:36 AMPosted by Traitorr
Stop using WoG it's as simple as that. If you use LoD instead of WoG you heal everyone including the tank for much more; all it takes is good positioning on your part.

WoG heals for roughly 12-13k right now give or take, LoD 8-9k. If you hit 2 people and the tank with LoD you're healing for 17k just on the tank assuming you actually have your beacon on the tank. Glyphed hitting 6 targets (5 man with pets) that's a 29k heal.

Because of the change to the talent eternal glory only being able to proc off itself once in a row maximum this makes LoD vastly superior to WoG and when used to its full potential our hardest healing spell.

This. And don't forget to use hand of sacrifice on tank and hand of protection on dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]