Healers will soon be the "rare" spec

85 Troll Druid
I think that if it stays the way it is the healers will be the rare class that tanks use to be.

Its not so much the pressure and how hard they are to play now, but rather the blame you get. If a tank gets dropped in 2 hits the healer gets blamed and yelled at.

If you are concentrating on keeping the tank up and cant heal stupid dps you get yelled at for not healing.

I know how to play my class well, I read what to do but have been kicked out of so many groups When I was the first healer, and when I came in as the 2nd or 3rd healer after replacing another I end up just leaving the group.

When will they start to learn and stop harassing us?

I think well soon see less and less healers.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Most of my alts are healers... used to enjoy it...
Most of last wipes are not caused by oom... are caused by the party taking much,much more dmg than anyone can handle... standing on aoes or not doing what they are supposed to.

I prefere much more cata-healing than wotlk... At least is a challenge. But this is too much.
A little nerf for some encounters wont hurt anyone
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel your pain. Healer abuse = the suck.

I have played all three roles extensively, and I can honestly say that healing at-gear-level content is the most difficult role. That said, the current state of things makes us entirely necessary. There aren't a lot of situations right now in a heroic environment in which a group can make it without the healer for more than a few seconds.

I can finish a pull without a tank. I can finish a pull without any dps: just the tank and myself. They usually can't finish without me (referring to current heroics). We bear a stupid amount of responsibility for the group, and I think Blizzard very well understands that. Perhaps it's just the gear reset requiring the use of CC, or maybe Blizz has legitimately made these heroics tough, but either way, DPS/tanks aren't used to sharing the responsibility with us. When something goes wrong, they are quick to blame us. Before Cata, if a tank or DPS dies, it is ultimately our fault (provided they weren't being stupid). However, it's not like that anymore, and this comes as a bit of a shock for them.

Poor laddies.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
When I enter an instance that is a few pulls in I always ask "what happened to the last healer"

and the response I always get is "HE SUCKED" "He doesnt know how to heal" etc etc..

I then explain to them "Im not sure if that was the problem, because Cata is more difficult, especially to healers"

I then do a pull or two with them and I can see that the problem is usually the group. Sometimes this isnt the case and I get a legit group.

But maybe 11/14 heroics I have entered where the healer was kicked or left this was the case.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/09/2010 10:36 PMPosted by Restofari
When I enter an instance that is a few pulls in I always ask "what happened to the last healer"

and the response I always get is "HE SUCKED" "He doesnt know how to heal" etc etc..

I then explain to them "Im not sure if that was the problem, because Cata is more difficult, especially to healers"

I then do a pull or two with them and I can see that the problem is usually the group. Sometimes this isnt the case and I get a legit group.

But maybe 11/14 heroics I have entered where the healer was kicked or left this was the case.

Yep. Just cause we are healers we are responsible for every sin that happened on earth :/
Tanks are "im a rock-star" players..
and dps barely take responsabilities or admit their mistakes..
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
-In a perfect world-
dps would not stand in the stupid,
they'd cc,
tanks would wait for healers to drink,
tanks would not chain pull or over pull,
the group would recognize the real cause for wiping and address it,
without blaming the healer who did nothing wrong

^^this will never happen

healers should be able to cover some small mistakes made in groups
there is currently no breathing room
Edited by Amoy on 12/9/2010 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/09/2010 10:43 PMPosted by Ig@#!*o
12/09/2010 10:36 PMPosted by Restofari

Yep. Just cause we are healers we are responsible for every sin that happened on earth :/
Tanks are "im a rock-star" players..
and dps barely take responsabilities or admit their mistakes..

Yeah no one seems to understand the healing changes except us. I literally got kicked from a group earlier today because a tank pulled a trash mob and the second boss at the same time and decided "that I should use prayer of healing and flash heal more" then kicked me.
The dps and tanks are worthless and I have yet to use the dungeon finder since.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/09/2010 10:47 PMPosted by Amoy
-In a perfect world-
dps would not stand in the stupid,
they'd cc,
tanks would wait for healers to drink,
tanks would not chain pull or over pull,
the group would recognize the real cause for wiping and address it,
without blaming the healer who did nothing wrong

^^this will never happen

healers should be able to cover some small mistakes made in groups
there is currently no breathing room

/use Pvp Trinket
someone cast Sleep on you... just a dream.
It funny to recieve constant advices of how to heal from the tanks... (confirmes my theory of them becomin' "im a rock-star" players)
Reply Quote
The good news: shorter queue times for me.

If people were able to heal through the raids in beta, I'm sure things will get better. Eventually. It's just unfortunate that healers are the first to get blamed for a wipe these days. Some people just don't have the presence of mind to analyze what lead up to a wipe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not a healer primary spec, and I never have been, but since the gear is the same for Moonkins anyway I tossed my secondary spec over to resto and started playing around with it. My conclusion is that I am never, not ever, going to heal pugs. I don't mind going with guildies, because we understand that CC is important, that a healer is NOT a secondary tank anymore, and that healing requires mana.

Not so with just about any pug I get in. Its gotten to the point that when I pug as DPS I sit on top of the healer with my big Moonkin butt and keep typhoon ready to knock stuff off them, save all my CC to save them, and have heals on my bars for if it looks like they are about to get overwhelmed. This nonsense is just in the regular ones, I can't imagine how pugging heroics is going to be.

People need to get it through their thick skulls; instances are no longer designed to be chain pulled. That gameplay style, until people are all at least 2-3 tiers above the content, is over with.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
There are a few dps/tanks out there that understand though. Mind you its very few people.
Ps if ur ever random into the ancient city cata dungeon and it isn't a fresh run.
They've kicked the healer on the 3rd boss because the raid damage is to much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/09/2010 10:30 PMPosted by Ig%%%!o
Most of my alts are healers... used to enjoy it...
Most of last wipes are not caused by oom... are caused by the party taking much,much more dmg than anyone can handle... standing on aoes or not doing what they are supposed to.

I prefere much more cata-healing than wotlk... At least is a challenge. But this is too much.
A little nerf for some encounters wont hurt anyone

Definitely true, I'm almost at the "heroic dungeon" level of gear and I don't think I'll be able to heal through it from my experience of healing normal Cataclysm dungeons.

Honestly that scares me because it will be quite painful to heal/drink... heal/drink...heal/drink and stall the group for a really long time. Sometimes with a bad group I can get through a normal dungeon in about 1 hour. The trash if not CC'd makes healing impossible in some dungeons unless I tell absolutely everyone how to do their roles.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Stop queuing for randoms by yourself. Seriously. You have to be a glutton for punishment to do it. Get a dps or two that you trust not to screw up and then if you get a garbage Rambo-pulling tank that tries to AOE you can kick him instead of having to put up with complete idiots trying to blame you for their own failures.

I hope the LFD does die off.
Reply Quote
I feel ya. Running normals with my friends. Theyre not in the mindset that CC makes it 4x easier. Theyre constantly yelling "HEAL ME" cause theyre at ~35 - 40%.

I think this issue really is blizzards fault. Only because they have DPS in the mindset that you AOE the second that the tank pulls, no waiting for agro, no CC. Now they have to adjust their ways. Its easy to blame the healer when someone dies in a situation, that for the last 2 1/2 years, has NEVER been an issue.

side note: I forgot how scary it was to be OOM. It seems to happen at least 1-3 times a normal instance
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 5:30 AMPosted by Datur
I feel ya. Running normals with my friends. Theyre not in the mindset that CC makes it 4x easier. Theyre constantly yelling "HEAL ME" cause theyre at ~35 - 40%.

I think this issue really is blizzards fault. Only because they have DPS in the mindset that you AOE the second that the tank pulls, no waiting for agro, no CC. Now they have to adjust their ways. Its easy to blame the healer when someone dies in a situation, that for the last 2 1/2 years, has NEVER been an issue.

side note: I forgot how scary it was to be OOM. It seems to happen at least 1-3 times a normal instance

It's blizzard's fault for making WOTLK too easy, yes, and I'm glad they're undoing it. You need to explain to your friends what things are like now, if they can't understand then...time for new friends? :P
Reply Quote
Indeed. The next couple of run throughs were a little better, people started CC'ing...and more importantly, not breaking CC with AOE
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
So what if they blame the healer. Without heals they don't get to far now do they. As healers we don't need to take this from the others. The one party in LFD that gave me grief I just changed to DPS spec told the kid he can heal or boot me from the group. Not like its hard to get a group as a healer.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/10/2010 5:35 AMPosted by Gimpheala
12/10/2010 5:30 AMPosted by Datur

It's blizzard's fault for making WOTLK too easy, yes, and I'm glad they're undoing it. You need to explain to your friends what things are like now, if they can't understand then...time for new friends? :P

As i said, i really prefere this new mechanic... im just saying its a little exagerated...
jeez its a normal 84-85 dungeon... how does someone that just ended leveling could keep people alive if players that started cata-rading with 50k+ mana and gear where having troubles...
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I guess I've had good groups. Save for the first group in Tides where I came into the group midstream, had never seen the instance before and the group disbanded after the first wipe on the first boss. *shrug*

Second group I was in had a couple wipes, new tank and me giving it my second try to get the first boss down. Wiped once, group stuck together, we got her down. Rest of the instance went smoothly and I wasn't blamed for stupid stuff happening. We were all learning.

That said, If Blackrock is your first instance, Tides will wake you up. Blackrock is no harder to heal than a heroic ICC 5 man. Tides on the other hand is much harder. The trash hits as hard as Blackrock's bosses and there's much more deadly stupid on the ground that DPS can stand in.

My advice, keep you and the tank up. If DPS isn't getting out of the stupid let them die.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]