Healers will soon be the "rare" spec

85 Human Paladin
Healers are already more scarce than tanks on my battlegroup. When I decided to make this toon my main towards the end of wrath I'd queue as tank/heals and always got put into groups as a tank.

In Cataclysm when I queue as tank/heals I always get put into groups as a healer.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Well I tell you it wasn't too bad level 80-82 BUT...now it's really hard to heal random 5 mans and even guild runs. I sit and have to drink after every pull and ppl complain. I am getting this to 85 and leveling my SPriest..good luck getting healers as most of us feel the same way. Easy to tell with 20 min queues and they will get longer lol..get a clue Bliz.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I really don't know what you people are doing. I have not been kicked out of a single normal pug. In fact, only one of about 15-20 runs went badly at all.
Heroics runs have mostly been guild, granted, but that's cause we wanted achievements. I'm doing every single one of the insane strategies at this point in content and it's fine. Only very few are undoable. And that's achievements. Heroics are just fine.
Come on....what are you people doing?
I hate to say it cause it sounds stupid, but honestly, L2P your class. This isn't (thank god) wotlk anymore. Whack-a-mole heals and save every idiot dps isn't what it's about.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/10/2010 11:57 PMPosted by Sedivy
I really don't know what you people are doing. I have not been kicked out of a single normal pug. In fact, only one of about 15-20 runs went badly at all.
Heroics runs have mostly been guild, granted, but that's cause we wanted achievements. I'm doing every single one of the insane strategies at this point in content and it's fine. Only very few are undoable. And that's achievements. Heroics are just fine.
Come on....what are you people doing?
I hate to say it cause it sounds stupid, but honestly, L2P your class. This isn't (thank god) wotlk anymore. Whack-a-mole heals and save every idiot dps isn't what it's about.

I have been kicked out of a pug within the first pull because DPS died when I was struggling to even keep the tank alive.

And I am quite sure we are more or less the same when it comes to healing/raid experience.

I'm not an amazing priest, but I know enough to say that our heals need to hit a little harder. As disc, with 'of level' gear, I was barely pulling even with a tank in Blackrock/Halls - nevermind heal the melee/ranged that's taking damage. People died after the first pull. I got kicked right off the bat.

Specced holy and it went better. But that's not the point. When my biggest heal, the heal that Blizz has said "The big heal for spike damage" is unable to even cover the 'normal' damage the tank is taking, everything else goes out the window. Or when your only group heal heals everyone for 7k flat per 2.3 seconds (take or give) and the actual incoming AE is 5-8k per person per 1-1.5 seconds, it just doesn't add up.

I'm quite sure the "L2P, noob" doesn't really apply to certain specs of healing priests right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]