Blizzard, you are losing credibility

85 Goblin Shaman
Allright.

I started playing this game as a shaman 6 years ago, November 24th. I re-rolled to druid 6 months after, because I didn't enjoy it.

I played the RESTO druid until Cataclysm came out this week. No problem.

I have healed through every single boss in this game since vanilla, from Lucifron to Halion with him.

I have also raided all TBC and WotLK content with my paladin, and my shaman, both healing specced too.

Still, no problem. Toping the charts all the time.

Today, I ran heroic Stonecore.

We wiped 13 times on Coroborus.

My Healing Surge heals for 11k and costs 7k mana, and I have a mana pool of 70k. That's 10% of my mana pool PER cast. The tank gets hit for an average of 20k from the boss and possibly more if he stands a quarter of a second too long in the red shards. He also can get hit by the adds and the boss tunneling (but let's assume he's not a noob so he doesn't get hit by it).

How am I supposed to be healing this?

Please Blizzard note this: the entire WoW community is frustrated to a point that's never EVER been reached before in the past. I have NEVER logged on these forums to post any complaint, until today.

YOU are keeping every single person that is not a hardcore raider from Ensidia or Paragon or etc, from having fun in instances or raids.

Don't start on the CC'ing bullcrap. If you can't CC, you can't play. I remember the UBRS days and such and I have no problem with bringing it back.

But you have to re-tune every single Heroic boss, Raid boss out there, or fix healing.

If you do NOT do that just to please the 1% community of hardcore raiders and players and let down the 99% of the population that is the casual or just not-as-hardcore, I swear to God this will be the reason I will stop WoW.

''You broke it, YOU fix it''

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
1) Don't use healing surge
2) adds shouldn't hit anyone. And should die before they walk over to anyone.
3) do you see debuffs? guess what, you can only heal for like 30% of the tank phase due to the debuffs.
4) It's a dps not standing in fail check. Healing for this fight is actually very minimal, I normally end the fight with more then half mana once mechanics are known.

It's the most fun I've had yet on a boss. I love how it's a retard check. and 17 wipes? lawl, only 3 here. l2play.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So because your terrible the entire wow community wants healing made a joke like it was in wrath?

lol wut?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
To Jynus

I saw the debuff, no worries I am dispelling it.

I know that people have to L2P, but us, healers are getting all the blame and its easier to blame 1 guy than to blame 4 others.

I also tried Azgaloth tonight and all 3 healers were OOM at 50%, with basically no one ever touching fire during P2.

I mean... it sucks. They have to do soemthing about it.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
XFD at all these shaman.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
And in response to Earthenring,

I really love some of the heroic encounters, they are the most fun I have had since TBC. Hell, Heroic SFK first boss is the best example of not healing everyone to 100% hp and learn to manage mana.

But I still know something is missing for healers - at least shamen.
Reply Quote
Our group did it first attempt. It was as simple as saying "hey give me a sec to look up what this boss does on wowhead ... ok got it, lets go." I kited the 2 adds around using frost nova, living bomb and scorch while everyone else downed the boss. If people take the time to read what a boss does and then explain it to the other members, its not so bad. I still have people in my group that go "whatever, just pull. Go go go go go go go go." Those people usually die to a flay because they didn't move.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you do NOT do that just to please the 1% community of hardcore raiders and players and let down the 99% of the population that is the casual or just not-as-hardcore, I swear to God this will be the reason I will stop WoW.

I'm a hardcore raider and I *HATE* the new healing design. :-P
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
Healers can't win. If the group fails, they didn't heal it right. If they come to the forum to voice their discontent, they get called newbs and someone brings up how wotlk heroics in 264 gear were boring to heal.

I blame blizzard for this mess.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
YOU are keeping every single person that is not a hardcore raider from Ensidia or Paragon or etc, from having fun in instances or raids.

does ensidia or paragon healers have different spells? no. they are just using them differently. Perhaps take a while to learn to heal. If the problem isnt the tank positioning/using cooldowns/etc, its probably you
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Yep its crazy, I don't mind that stuff is hard but as a healer I have no choice anymore on what to use or I go OOM, I have done fights that were hard in Heroic ICC and Heroic Uldaur that did not make me think my class had no point in being their and they were like fun even with many wipes.

Y blizz did not just make fights and trash harder without turning healers into a class people will not want to play other then a few strange people :)
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
I love all thse 83-84 level players coming in and commenting on Heroic Content, lol.

The game is broken right now, every arguement against the game is broken is "Just wait" or "you group needs to avoid damage". When your group avoids every single possible avoidable damage, and your still OOM because of spike damage and AoE's.....games broke dude
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Healed heroic Stonecore, SFK, and Deadmines without issue today.

L2P.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2010 3:30 AMPosted by Manthrà
Healed heroic Stonecore, SFK, and Deadmines without issue today.

L2P.

Yes we know it can be done with people who know what they are doing but if you think its fun to heal now good for you but for me and many others its like all the fun we had healing in TBC and Wotlk hard modes is gone. When even your best heal don't even heal the tank for 1/3 of his HP and when the go to spell you should be healing with is doing in the range of 6 to 9k uncrit is just crazy when you got to heal someone that is taking in the 10k+ range and their HP pool is ever 100k then when try and keep other people up with any kind of hot or shield you will go OOM in 10 secs :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Can't really complain about heroics atm considering healing is probably the most insignificant part to cata dungeons it has to do alot more with situational awareness with damage avoidance. There are actually a few fights you can beat without a healer tbh as long as you have a decent blood dk ;x.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]