For those who enjoy the new healing

85 Tauren Druid
I am really enjoying the new healing. It is so much harder that i'm enjoying it. Along with the increased difficulty of dungeons, it really makes this game fun again and so far this is easily my favorite expansion, and even though it's only been 3 days, I feel like I can already say that.

Healing has never been better. I definitely had some growing pains with healing as I first hit 85, but then I learned how to better use my spells efficiently, and learned the most important rule to keeping your mana. The DPS do not need to be topped off all the time. You can let them die a little bit and heal them up after the tank is topped off. Also spirit = amazing.

I could get into it more, but the more I play, the more I enjoy this expansion. While other expansions got worse the more I played, so far this one keeps getting better. Don't ruin it blizz! You are doing an AMAZING job so far!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Tank recieves 3 times more dmg than what we can heal.
There is a point its not about managing spells.

Even analyzing every spell, avoiding almost all the overhealing & stuff , it impossible to heal with some classes.specially druids.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2010 10:37 PMPosted by Mördsith

Even analyzing every spell, avoiding almost all the overhealing & stuff , it impossible to heal with some classes.specially druids.

Healing is fine, problem is you or your group. Prob you if you're ALWAYS having problems.. l2play.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
12/09/2010 10:38 PMPosted by Jynus

Healing is fine, problem is you or your group. Prob you if you're ALWAYS having problems.. l2play.

Smelling a troll ^^
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2010 10:39 PMPosted by Ig#!@#o
[quote="14060459933"]Tank recieves 3 times more dmg than what we can heal.

Smelling a troll ^^[/quote]
true though. I've yet to have a problem with healing. every wipe has been beyond my control.

The healer QQ is both laughable and sad. and frankly i'm loving every minute of it, most fun i've had in instances ever!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I agree. If the group sucks healing becomes a bigger problem. I'm also noticing that as i'm building up instance gear / badge gear it's becoming more and more manageable. I think everyone was too quick to QQ.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I am a good healer. I know what spells to use and I know when not to use precious mana because using it now will mean no heals later on in the fight...with that being said...healing doesn't make any sense right now.

If you can honestly tell me you don't have to drink after each pull and that you don't go oom half way through a boss fight...I'd love to know what heals you use and when.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Funny. I'm finding healing to be a lot easier with the changes. I hated having to keep everyone topped off at all times. And I especially hated playing ping-pong with the tank's health. I did not find Spam 'nd Pray fun whatsoever.

3/4ths of the problems I've had healing (and I've been healing pugs mind you) had to do with bad DPS who don't know how to CC, and bad tanks used to overgearing everything. The difference between pugs and, say, guild groups is night and day.

This is the big thing I've noticed:

If you have problems with trash but handle bosses fine, your group is terrible.

If you have problems with bosses but handle trash fine, you're doing something wrong and need to learn how to heal with the 4.0 changes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Have you tried healing heroic Ripsnarl (DM) or Forgemaster (GB) yet?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I completely agree with the OP! I actually get to do something more than spam one or two buttons in this expansion!!!! Healing actually requires intelligent decision making.
Edited by Anaya on 12/10/2010 1:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I absolutely LOVE the new cata healing. It took me about a dozen or so failed runs to finally get a heroic done for the first time - and it felt great, and I had fun all the way. Now I've got 3 or 4 of the heroics successfully completed.

Yes we wipe a lot on new bosses - (all random groups) - but it's because we are doing it wrong. Either I wasn't managing it properly, or DPS or tank was taking avoidable damage, etc and we figure it out and get closer and closer until we finally down it. Challenge is fun. A few bosses I got wrecked, one if SFK, one in BRC especially, but I look forward to downing them.

If you are running out of mana every pull, use some damn CC. Tell the others to use it. I use my hex too and contribute, I dispell, interrupt, etc and make sure everyone else is doing what they can too. Most groups have been responsive - a couple of douche ones I simply left.

So yes, it is a L2P issue. And guess what, everyone is learning still.

New healing is intense, strategic, challenging, and therefore fun for me. Sleepwalks through wotlk were not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]