almost all plate DPS gear has mastery!

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Arent us retadins supposed to stay away from mastery since it just isnt that good? I really want to get into heroics but I cant till I raise my GS. But, I dont wanna replace items with mastery items.. What shall I do?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm assume that if your mastery is high enough It could work wonders with TV
If you could get mastery to 50% thats TV every other swing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
so r u saying i should get mastery?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/09/2010 11:27 PMPosted by Auroralynn
Arent us retadins supposed to stay away from mastery since it just isnt that good? I really want to get into heroics but I cant till I raise my GS. But, I dont wanna replace items with mastery items.. What shall I do?

You can reforge off the mastery. Or get higher ilvl gear to get into the instance then switch to lower ilvl gear with something other than mastery on it =P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, we're gonna be stuck with some mastery no matter what, but reforge as much of it as you can. Don't listen to the poster telling you to try to get it to 50%; it's an absolute garbage stat for us. And at 50% mastery, not only would your damage be gimped worse than it already is, but zealotry would be officially worthless.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yes our mastery is worst stat, but my theory is if we have 50% or more it could be our 2nd or 3rd best. Im not going to waist my gold to find out though. Its just a theory.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
Funny how blizz doesn't feel that ilvl and rarity gives them enough knobs to tweak on gear quality, they have to manipulate gear via inentionally using crappy stats as well.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've found mastery is very beneficial in now low gear levels. With the lack of haste on these pieces the extra tv's can fit some gaps, however I'd suggest reforging all your excess mastery/crit into hit and expertise until you get those stats capped.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Once you have reforged the new gear to dump some mastery then all is good. There is so much strength on the i300+ blues that it still makes the items better than ICC gear.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Funny how blizz doesn't feel that ilvl and rarity gives them enough knobs to tweak on gear quality, they have to manipulate gear via inentionally using crappy stats as well.

You make it sound like mastery was created just for ret...

And mastery is introduce as a simpler knob to turn than some other stats, such as armor pene and block value (coincidentally, armor pene sucked for ret too, lol)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/10/2010 7:50 AMPosted by Grungast

You make it sound like mastery was created just for ret...

And mastery is introduce as a simpler knob to turn than some other stats, such as armor pene and block value (coincidentally, armor pene sucked for ret too, lol)

Mastery would work if it:

Scaled with total damage

Scaled with holy damage

Added a DoT

Added a proc

Added a button press off the GCD

The only way mastery can never work is by needing to eat a GCD to use it.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Mastery would work if it:

Scaled with total damage

Scaled with holy damage

Added a DoT

Added a proc

Added a button press off the GCD

The only way mastery can never work is by needing to eat a GCD to use it.

I don't see why you quoted me... I never said mastery wasn't bad for ret. I was just saying the other guy made it sound like mastery was only made for ret (the way he said it looks more like a broad generalization of mastery for every class/spec)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So you guys are saying I should pick up the mastery items off the quarter masters and reforge them until i find something better? Like i said im trying to start heroics and stuff but my item level is just to low because i have been avoiding the mastery items.
Reply Quote
Yes, if the amount of Strength on the new items are more than what you have. We're just going to have to deal with Mastery by reforging out of it until they fix us. It's all over the T11, too, so there really is no escape.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
From recent blue posts, I expect they'll be changing Ret's Mastery.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]