ret damage and survivability

56 Undead Mage
why is it that Templar's verdict still hits like a wet noodle at 85?Ive gotten almost full blues in instance and done bg's and I'm still being completely dominated by mostly everyone specially mages that are still op.all my ability's are still dispellable with no penalty and our abilitys that don't use holy power take up alot of our mana...thx for ruining ret!

oh and seriously guardian of ancient kings is a mediocre ability and yet you put it on a 5 minute CD?....lol
Edited by Sapherios on 12/10/2010 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/10/2010 11:09 AMPosted by Primuz
12/10/2010 11:05 AMPosted by Wynndor
Warriors have a 5 second stun thats NON DISPELLABLE, a interrupt, 3 gap closers, defensive cool downs that are NON DISPELLABLE ohhh and a SNARE. Where is their crap of being balanced around these abilities lol.

Well they don't have...

Hand of Freedom
Hand Of Protection
Divine Shield
Holy Light
Flash Of Light
Cleanse
Sprint on a 8sec cooldown

High Damage ranged attacks via Exorcism and hammer of Wrath..

So I am sure they are being balanced around the fact they don't have the list above.

We can play the who has what game all day. The bottom line is that arms/fury is vastly superior to ret in all aspects of the game.

Ret needs to be adjusted. Im sure it will be, hopefully soon.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Maybe you guys should of appreciated where ret was in Wrath. You had a top tier comp capable of Rank 1 ( Ret/MM hunter/Resto Sham )

You had great survivability with sacred shield and instant heals.

You were still very unique with being able to cleanse as a melee.

You whined for a melee interrupt, and now Ret is going to be balanced around having a 6 second stun and a interrupt on a 10 second cooldown.

It changes things, whether ret is weak or not remains to be seen.

Oh and just an FYI, ret paladins were saying the exact same thing when Wrath first came out, and Ret paladins did pretty well in S5.

There's no way you just said we had to give up all of what we did because of an interrupt, a basic melee tool we shoulda had since the beginning, did you? Because i SWEAR you just said we're balanced around that and a 1 min stun
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I agree ret is in a bad spot atm.

However...if you want to do as much melee dmg as a warrior and have gap closers and undispellable stuns and whatnot....roll one.

You will not get all of that while maintaining any ability to heal and take out snares.

I've been wanting them to rid us of Divine Shield for a long time because it doesn't give us any consistent survivability.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Mage
12/10/2010 1:42 PMPosted by Heratli

I've been wanting them to rid us of Divine Shield for a long time because it doesn't give us any consistent survivability.

I agree divine shield has become nothing but a dispell me ability which doesn't give us any survivability..its really outdated =/
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 2:38 PMPosted by Polemeo
12/10/2010 4:18 AMPosted by Nolimitation
Maybe you guys should of appreciated where ret was in Wrath. You had a top tier comp capable of Rank 1 ( Ret/MM hunter/Resto Sham )

You whined for a melee interrupt, and now Ret is going to be balanced around having a 6 second stun and a interrupt on a 10 second cooldown.

Oh and just an FYI, ret paladins were saying the exact same thing when Wrath first came out, and Ret paladins did pretty well in S5.

You're a complete moron.

Nothing he said was wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
12/10/2010 2:42 PMPosted by Heratli
12/10/2010 2:38 PMPosted by Polemeo
[quote="14063559737"]Maybe you guys should of appreciated where ret was in Wrath. You had a top tier comp capable of Rank 1 ( Ret/MM hunter/Resto Sham )

You're a complete moron.

Nothing he said was wrong.[/quote]

I sort of agree. Ret was not really viable in top-tier arena, but it was pretty close. Skilled players were talking about minor tweaks to make the spec better, not large changes.

Right now, it's all different, but that doesn't mean Ret wasn't good in WotLK. Not amazing, but good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]