Healing is in a way easier now

23 Blood Elf Rogue
healing in a way is easier now but not in a good way

why might you ask?

because healers are less important now because you're entirely dependent on the dps and tanks

success of your dungeon now no longer depends on your skill but depends on the stupidity of your dps and tank

make healing harder let us have more of an impact on outcome
in a group i want to feel that we succeeded its in part because of my personal skill not because others didnt fail

if healing model is you will succeed if others dont fail well I see a problem with that
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Healing has a huge role, i've just noticed that you have to pick a new baseline hp% to keep people depending on the fight. You can't just keep people topped off all the time. Healing now requires a much greater understanding of the fights mechanics then ever before.

The difference now is that the healer isn't the only critical role in parties now. You now have 5 people that actively matter in your ability to finish a heroic. This is a good thing, yes it diminishes the effect of healing per se, but it doesn't make it any less important.
Reply Quote
23 Blood Elf Rogue
I dont want healers to be able to carry a group but I'd like to feel like I'm having a slightly bigger impact on outcome then currently. Feels like my role isnt even important anymore. I suppose it was an intended design change though that'll have to get used to.
Edited by Allaya on 12/10/2010 1:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Your tanks will not live long without you. Groups live and die on the backs of healers. Even with the changes.
You just can't be expected to do everything.

But the same can be said for tanking. You cannot tank everything at the same time anymore.
You can't AFK and hope to hold threat.

We're now a part of the group instead of carrying the group.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]