Holy Paladins

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Alright, I'm sure this has been posted/asked, however, I don't want to scroll through pages and pages of posts so I'll start my own.

What are the priorities of stats now and why? I've looked on EJ and the newest post on HPallys is the day before Cata...and that was just a response to something written in July. Thanks guys.

PS. All the QQ is cute...I like that this game is hard now...even if that means my role is why its hard. Wrath was too easy, too much faceroll, so those of you who are crying need to go play Hello Kitty Adventure Island...wow is awesome now!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Awesome thanks...looks like I'm heading in the right direction then. I reforged all my Matery only gear to haste and I only have 1 gem in my relic so far so looks like I'm doin the right thing...thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You DO NOT WANT CRIT
Spirit = Haste > Crit > Mastery
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Obviously the community is contentious on this matter, and the numbers that have been run aren't conclusive to everyone.

However, my calculations , and all those I have seen, suggest mastery is by far and away our weakest stat.

We get the most out of Int, and we need Spirit enough to not run oom during fights (assuming everyone plays mostly correctly, including ourselves). Haste is not a luxury stat because we can't just stand around spamming Holy Shock and our Holy Power-generated heals... in the interim we need to make our other spells fast. Crit is now a pure throughput stat, but it provides no synergy with anything else, and its still an rng (that's random number generator... basically gambling) game.

Therefore our stat priority, as I see it, is as follows:

Int > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery.

For the love of everything beautiful reforge out of mastery until you get to the point where you're not running out of mana and you aren't going "oh no please don't die please don't die please don't die" when your intant casts aren't up.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The problem isn't that our mastery is bad the problem is that it is only good in certain situations. As of right now in heroics I like mastery because the majority of my healing is on the tank. This means that you get the full healing from the shield.

Int is obviously the best for what it give so when you socket try to use gems that have it but you should also try to meet socket bonuses. Next i think that spirit is the most important being as mana seems to be an issue for most people. After that crit then mastery because both of those increase you healing per mana. Last on my list is haste. This is because the largest problem i am having right now is running out of mana. Haste only helps this a small amount though more often LoD and WoG. Now as soon as mana is less of an issue then the priorities will change.

recap Int > Spirit > Crit > Mast > Haste
spirit has a soft cap to it when you don't need to stack it anymore similar to dps needing hit the main difference is the is no exact number for the spirit you need
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
12/10/2010 4:16 AMPosted by Vuldin
I didn't mention Spirit because it isn't something you should gem for, and it's already on all the gear. Don't reforge out of Spirit, don't reforge for it either unless you are really undergeared.

Problem is that many people are under geared for what they are doing because they transition to heroics shortly after hitting 85 instead of taking the time to collect a decent set. At this point in the game spirit is going to be far more important. It's not worth going all out spirit, but people should be keeping an eye on maintaining a healthy balance.

While we are on the subject, does anyone have a better suggestion for reliable feedback on the mastery absorbs than using recount? I'm extremely comfortable with it so I've been resisting changing, but far too often it is not showing any absorbs from it at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]