A Different Take on Healing

85 Blood Elf Priest
With these new changes being implemented on healing, we find ourselves at a crossroads. In WotLK, I felt super important because I compensated for bad DPS. Now, in Cata, I can't compensate for bad DPS and solo focusing on healing the Tank. I don't think that is going to be viable if I ever have to pug a raid (god forbid). DPS only come in 2 categories, bad, or legendary. The current ratio is 1 legendary for every 100 bads, and forcing them to get good to heal themselves isn't a possibility.

We just have too many dumb DPS who are incapable of becoming any decent within 1 expansion, and expecting them to do so is an unfair precedent being set with individual's repair bill and loot acquisition being based on this situation. TBH, don't give credit where credit isn't due, DPS will always be dumb and shouldn't be treated otherwise. If anything, make healing OP, so DPS can gravitate to their natural habitat and enjoy not dying.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
In WotLK, I felt super important because I compensated for bad DPS. Now, in Cata, I can't compensate for bad DPS and solo focusing on healing the Tank.

I agree with that, I did too. I know I am not 85 and havn't did heroics, etc etc. But I have had real good experiences in my lfg groups so far. In a pure pug we did Stonecore last night, and no one knew any of the fights. Everyone did awesome. We had some deaths but no wipes. The mechanics are typical and mostly obvious. The default ui gives enough clues.

I know we love to bash the other roles here, but I am having good times in these groups. I don't look forward to leveling my alts when all the real players have moved on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]