Prot for Quest Grinding

85 Troll Druid
Hello

Just finished up lvling up my resto druid and I want to catch my paladin up as well. Is prot a viable spec for quest grinding or should I go Ret. For 5 mans I plan on healing most of the way.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
All the pally specs are pretty viable for levelling. You'll be fine if you want to level Prot.
Reply Quote
I level'd as prot and blew through it. While others could only take on 1-3 mobs depending on damage, I could take on 3-5 easy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I've been prot on my pally since his first day of existence, questing is great for prot because although things may not die as fast you can kill a bunch at once. This is especially true now that we have word of glory as a holy power insta-heal if need be.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
yeah my lower level questing with prot has been fantastic, no problems soling elites, no problems killing 4-5 mobs at a time.

In dungeons I make top DPS 9/10 times, even while tanking. I expect this to change a bit as I get higher level but it's still very fun :p
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Just finished getting to 85. Got dual spec right before cata, and never even speced out the secondary set. Leveling as Prot was just cake.
Reply Quote
68 Human Paladin
Yep, Prot is the gnar gnar black sheep right now, probably the best of the 3 specs. Highly recommended.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Protection leveling works fine for me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Im leveling my prot paladin and was wondering what the best rotation is for grinding nonstop
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 6:14 PMPosted by Rubmycrit
Im leveling my prot paladin and was wondering what the best rotation is for grinding nonstop

I use the standard tanking rotation. Single mob - pull shield, crusader, judge, crusader, wrathr, crusader, SOTR. Hammer of wrath at any point when available.

Multi mob - swap HotR with crusader.

Seal of insight will keep you topped off w/ health and mana basically all the time.
Reply Quote
35 Dwarf Paladin
What is SOTR and HotR?
Reply Quote
81 Tauren Death Knight
12/10/2010 7:31 PMPosted by Chical
Chical
32 Dwarf Paladin
What is SOTR and HotR?

Shield of the Righteous

Hammer of the Righteous (I believe)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Prot for levelling is great, especially once you get Hammer of the Righteous.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep, it works probably the best out of all 3 specs for quest grinding.

Your big damagers are Shield of the Righteous (at 3 holy power) and Avenger's Shield, with a Hammer of Wrath when they get below 20%.

For that reason, Word of Glory seems to slow me down (instead of using the big damage Shield of the Righteous with my Holy Power).

I would recommend using Seal of Insight while questing. You are almost always full life and mana that way, and don't have to use Word of Glory except in super tough fights / being ganked (if you are on a PvP server).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]