we don't hate you...

85 Undead Priest
Not every healer has the "I am God" complex that a lot of DPS think we have. Our job is to keep the tank alive so the mobs have something to hate and you alive so you can unload until you're blue in the face. We don't hate you when you accidentally pull aggro - it just makes our lives harder.

We do hate you when you flame us, kick us and tell us how worthless we are for not healing you. Most of us aren't trying to teach you a lesson, we just can't spare the time or resources because our attention is on our tank.

I write this message to all of you as a humble healer, an avid reader of the healer forums (which is why I am writing this message) and a lover of loot. So do keep in mind that, yes, we know you're there and we saw you take a huge hit or pull aggro and that a single hot or shield isn't a pity heal. We are adjusting to the changes as best we can. Think of it like this - you'd have to adjust your abilities if each one had different levels of threat generation and if you did pull threat you were given an undispelable debuff that reduced your healing recieved by 90% and recieved 90% more damage.

I hope that someday we can all be friends.

With love,
Your vigilant healer
Reply Quote
65 Undead Rogue
You speak the truth.

Problem is you speak it to the smart crowd, the dumb crowd that does this 90% of the time doesn't come on these forums brother. <3 Much love regardless.
Edited by Grins on 12/10/2010 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/10/2010 10:42 AMPosted by Grins
You speak the truth.

Problem is you speak it to the smart crowd, the dumb crowd that does this 90% of the time doesn't come on these forums brother. <3 Much love regardless.

lol pretty much this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2010 11:26 AMPosted by Leonhardt
i've never had issues with any healer ever on any of my toons. it's the damn tanks that act like Gods

This.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
I admit when I was healing on my shammy I felt the power of letting people live or die. On one one occasion I even water walked an annoyingly whiny DPS who was whining at both the tank for not gathering aggro and me for not healing him (yeah normally I'd take responsibility for that, but when you're attacking adds 20 yards from the main group of us well out of even the tanks range I stop giving a damn what happens to you - die twice hell die forty times I don't care stop bring adds in that the tank isn't ready for). Azjol Nerub pit water walk just before he hit the water. He raged a bit called me an ass, I laughed at him so did everyone else in the group, then he left. Good times.

I regret nothing. When I DPS I accept the fact that I'm expendable, if I die the good people at blizzard saw fit to give you three more just like me. It's the tank and healer that matter the most.

Edit: Math fail - Two more just like me.
Edited by Durogru on 12/10/2010 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Well, you have to admit, it'll take most DPS players time to adjust from being able to "OMGRARKILLKILLKILLKILL" while healers could just spam heals to "waaaaaait... tank neeeeeds aggro....... okay, moar duts! and move out of that fire gogogo".

But I rarely have trouble with healers being jerks. Usually it's other dps with the biggest attitude problems. Regardless, if you're a tank, a healer or a dps... don't be a jerk. :( A jerk is a jerk, I don't care what your role is in group.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
my situation is i still feel extremely guilty for letting you die because i had to spam heal the tank and there wasn't much i could do for you anyhow, HAD I TRIED the group would of wiped.

Most of the anger is not directed at you, dear dps, its at this new utopia blizzard has thrust upon us, the choice to save you has already been made in design documents and spreadsheets long before the expansion or nerf pack hit store shelves.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warrior
12/10/2010 11:26 AMPosted by Leonhardt
i've never had issues with any healer ever on any of my toons. it's the damn tanks that act like Gods

That is because I am. BWAHAHA
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Heh, I am mostly very helpful, and will continue to heal the DPS as much as possible through their stupidity, while reminding them what they are supposed to be doing. For instance...

When I was 82 I was healing Stonecore a bunch for drops yadda yadda. Melee never know to move out (or at least behind) from those mobs that cast Flay. But I heal em through it and let em know. Most of the time it only takes once. This one Warrior from my guild though, I healed him through it, and told him about it. Healed him through the next one and told him again, and warned him that next time I wouldn't heal him through Flay. Next pull, he dies to Flay. I rez him and he dies next pull to Flay. Blah Blah the obligatory "WTF Heals," I told him again about the ability, ways to avoid it, "It's for your own good," etc. So here comes the three pack of em. Guess what he dies. Rages, tries to get me /gkicked, doesn't realize the GM is in the group etc. I'm still in the guild for those worried...

TLDR Most healers are pretty damn nice, and if you're dying as a DPS, it's probably your fault.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]