Thank You Blizzard! Healing is fun again : )

85 Orc Shaman
Again Blizzard, thank you!

I am loving the changes to healing. I have to use spells like Wind Shear and Hex that would normaly have never made it to my action bars because "inturupting" that spell was not needed when Chain Heal or a Rip Tide would counteract +10% overheal.

I take great pride in what I bring to the group as a healer and feel my job was overlooked all throughout WoTLK. People didn't care if they were still alive at the end of the fight, just worried about who had the highest DPS/Damage done.

It feels great to be pushed to my limits and overcome them.

I cannot wait to see what raid content has in store for us and hope that these changes to game play mechanics for heals will push for a larger "skill>gear" community for WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
great post. couldn't agree more
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I was so sad with the state WoW was in at the end of WOTLK. PST me with GS and Achieve to pug ICC. So gross.

Love the changes to this game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
/agree
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/10/2010 1:00 PMPosted by Rokcentric
Well when we get to pug raiding cata, I really don't see how the "pst GS and achieve" is not going to be as rampant as it was. If anything, it will be more predominant.

And maybe when unskilled high gearscore healers and dps start failing, they will get kicked, and eventually people might to lose faith in the silly mod.
Edited by Eloderung on 12/10/2010 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 1:05 PMPosted by Eloderung
12/10/2010 1:00 PMPosted by Rokcentric
Well when we get to pug raiding cata, I really don't see how the "pst GS and achieve" is not going to be as rampant as it was. If anything, it will be more predominant.

And maybe when unskilled high gearscore healers and dps start failing, they will get kicked, and eventually people might to lose faith in the silly mod.

I don't think you'll be seeing "bads" with high gearscore. How are you going to get high gearscore if you can't raid in the first place? If raids aren't nerfed from their current state, nobody who isn't in a guild will be able to kill anything besides Argaloth.

Thumbs up, man. This poster speaks the truth!
Edited by Rubi on 12/10/2010 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Thank you Blizzard!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
12/10/2010 12:33 PMPosted by Smokesacks
I take great pride in what I bring to the group as a healer and feel my job was overlooked all throughout WoTLK. People didn't care if they were still alive at the end of the fight, just worried about who had the highest DPS/Damage done.

This. For once a group is actually concerned about you, your mana bar and following fight mechanics. I love it.
Reply Quote
73 Orc Shaman

I am loving the changes to healing. I have to use spells like Wind Shear and Hex that would normaly have never made it to my action bars because "inturupting" that spell was not needed when Chain Heal or a Rip Tide would counteract +10% overheal.

I cannot wait to see what raid content has in store for us and hope that these changes to game play mechanics for heals will push for a larger "skill>gear" community for WoW.

Coming from someone who has 0 heroic 5 man cata achievements...85 reg instances aren't even hard...try and heal a heroic with your crap gear...good luck
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 12:44 PMPosted by Jynus
/agree
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 1:12 PMPosted by Woodiey
I agree with OP

80-85 is end game content imo - it shouldn't be easy mode people should know how to play their class's

IE: seen 85 resto druid who was complaining they kept going oom on boss fights yet refused to use inervate!

innervate is soooo goood.. 20% mana boy.. every 3 minutes even. I bet they don't know if they cast it as soon as they use 20% of their mana they'll be able to cast it TWICE..... man that is so good they can cast 4 more spells than they normally would!@#!@$^^&*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/10/2010 5:47 PMPosted by Cadzilla

Coming from someone who has 0 heroic 5 man cata achievements...85 reg instances aren't even hard...try and heal a heroic with your crap gear...good luck

This... lol ..
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
12/10/2010 5:47 PMPosted by Cadzilla

I agree with him completely.
I've done a few heroics.
Some are near impossible - but they're doable, and they're challenging, and it feels amazing when you get them down.
Thumbs up to the changes.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I find it ironic half of you "Uber" Healers haven't even stepped into a heroic, like the OP?

You guys are in for one hell of a rude awakening.

Edit: From the beta heroic experience to the live, killing a boss was achieving.

When you have bosses like Forgemaster Throngus Mace(Grim Batol), and down him, that's a real achievement.
Edited by Maniza on 12/10/2010 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I agree that healing is a lot of fun right now, BUT I don't understand these threads coming from people who haven't run heroics yet. You might be screwing yourself over if you find out that healing actually isn't fine...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Hilarious.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]