Druids are BROKEN

90 Tauren Druid
Nourish is crap compared to the other healer's efficient spell because it requires a HoT to be on the target jacking up the cost of nourish to essentially 7k.

And that leaves us with zero efficient spells, lets not forget that regrowth is complete crap too.
Reply Quote
i agree we cant heal good at all no more
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
stright up told my guild i was done healing have a hard time getting through 1 pull in normal without going oom (using nourish& lifebloom stacks up)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This seriously needs to be addressed. It's almost impossible for me to pug regular dungeons now because im oom after almost every pull. How exactly do you justify giving a tank 100000+ health and giving the healer a spell that only heals for 13k? Yes i'm talking about the 3 sec Healing touch.

Healing spells need to scale asap. I have 1200mp5 DURING combat yet I still go oom.
Edited by Phbalanced on 12/10/2010 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/10/2010 4:50 PMPosted by Obesecow
Nourish is crap compared to the other healer's efficient spell because it requires a HoT to be on the target jacking up the cost of nourish to essentially 7k.

I suggest keeping a 3-stack of Lifebloom on the tank at all times.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 6:07 PMPosted by Believe
12/10/2010 4:50 PMPosted by Obesecow

I suggest keeping a 3-stack of Lifebloom on the tank at all times.

I would imagine he's referring to trying to heal dps/himself with nourish.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/10/2010 6:08 PMPosted by Ceilingcat
I would imagine he's referring to trying to heal dps/himself with nourish.

Then I applaud him for having the skill to make that possible. =P I can almost never afford, time-wise, to use the efficient heal on someone that isn't the tank.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Just a tip use wildgrowth to nourish your group AND ONLY to nourish your group
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 7:39 PMPosted by Antimatter
I am seriously disappointed at druid healing. I never had a problem before, and the tip that lifeboom on the tank is enough hasn't tried heroic deadmines.

I can throw everything I have at the tank, all hots, and healing touch/nourish, but it still doesn't keep him alive.

And popping tree, waste. If I pop tree to try to heal everyone, I'm oom and it's a goner.

I have changed my rotation, I have changed the strats. I'm just too frustrated to care.

I agree, the pure output currently of druid heals vs mana is just painful.
With full buffs and a 90k mana pool, some bosses will just drain you before they get sub 30% (dps was averaging 10k each, so I don't think it was there fault).

Healing would probably be exactly where it needed to be if everything did 1.5 times the current amount they heal.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I hate what they've done to Druids. What is the point of all of our HoTs if only one is viable? I thought we were supposed to be able to use all of our spells in Cata? The only useful ones that don't send us OOM are LB and Nourish. So instead of spamming Rejuv/WG we're spamming LB/Nourish/HT on OoC procs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes, Druids are broke. I have a mana pool of 71k, combat regen of 1218, and non-combat 1505. With Regrowth costing 6522 mana a pop, and Rejuv. 4845, lifebloom 1304 at lvl 85 it's impossible to keep from going OOM, and on top of that everyone's health is twice what it was, and our spells don't even compensate for the health they have so I'm having to cast double the spells I normally had to before and with more casting comes more mana usage. This is an issue that really needs some attention. My self and a lot of others I personally know are threw with Druid heals until it is corrected. The mana cost scaling for druids is completely f'ed up!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
You might want to try out a different spec, mine is the current EJ-approved spec, with 3/3 Moonglow. You also have 2 major glyphs empty, and you might want to look into gemming and enchanting your gear, then try.

Healing is very different now, but I wouldn't call us broken. Regrowth is broken, yes, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I wouldn't say Druids are broken, and as the above poster said changing my spec REALLY helped out. However, I would say that the class at present is somewhat disappointing. I've played my Resto Druid for 4 years now; I did so because I like being a HoT-based class. Yet 90% of what I use now is Healing Touch and Nourish.

I know one of the reasons they nerfed regen so heavily is because they wanted you to have to think about which spells you use, because beforehand no one bothered with the slow "Greater Heal" type spells. Yet if I'm still using one or two spells 90% of the time what's the difference? The only thing that has changed is now I've gone from using the instant, powerful HoTs I played the class for to clunky direct heals.

I do believe that neither Regrowth nor HT have as much strength as they should. When my largest, most expensive heal isn't even 10% of my tank's health pool and my "flash heal" isn't going to save anyone's life regardless of it's steep cost something is clearly wrong.
Edited by Viireth on 12/10/2010 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I love healing as a druid. Still do however the OP is correct. Scaling did not progress as it should have and now we go oom because everyone is taking massive damage from whatever mob and we normally manage to squeek by in pulls. You have to drink between almost every pull I go through 100 drinks or more doing instances. With everyone having over 100k health and having bosses that do 5k damage to every member in the group every second how can we heal through that without going oom?

I find that in most cases using every cd I have will maybe get by on bosses if dps is burning fast enough. But even that isn't always the issue we have one aoe healing spell that we can use on a semi constant basis and it really heals for next to nothing so we have to go tree pop innervate hit barskin to limit our damage blow tranquility put LB on everyone and still watch a dps die... Sorry for the run on sentence. Anyways that is in no way shape manner or form balanced. I use all the spells resto druids can and even try to spec to limit how much my spells cost. But it doesn't work. We don't heal enough and we don't have enough mana regen to keep up with what we do need to heal.

This isn't pure qq I still love healing as a druid but the system is broken. That really can't be denied right now anyone running heroics can tell you that. Bosses require most if not all classes to use all of their classes abilities which is good. But it's still hopeless when there's a dot on you the takes away 5% of your health every few seconds... Or you have a boss that requires your group to split up to pull levers (remove the snakes) while it's on opposite sides you can't keep everyone up... Wish Blizz thought this one through more.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 7:50 PMPosted by Seradí
I hate what they've done to Druids. What is the point of all of our HoTs if only one is viable? I thought we were supposed to be able to use all of our spells in Cata? The only useful ones that don't send us OOM are LB and Nourish. So instead of spamming Rejuv/WG we're spamming LB/Nourish/HT on OoC procs.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8m3jfd54aoz9bq7h/details/2/?s=9590&e=10110
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8m3jfd54aoz9bq7h/details/2/?s=4293&e=4871
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8m3jfd54aoz9bq7h/details/2/?s=14453&e=15004
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-isbu71afs14cj0gx/details/24/?s=10169&e=10530
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't understand all this QQ. I took over healing a H Stonecore at Corborus because the Resto Sham kept DCing... and proceeded through the rest of the instance so smoothly it felt literally like early WotLK. We did not CC (mostly because my resto spec doesn't have instant root glyphed), and my mana rarely dipped. Even through a 4 1/2 minute Ozruk (yeah, our dps was not so hot). It was so relaxed I popped Tree just to dps on Ozruk and the final boss, and was hurricaning the final boss as well. The tank commented that he was calm about his health the whole time.

Takeaways - Either your group is bad, or you're doing something wrong. My healing process was very simple. LBx3 + Rejuv on the tank, SM on CD (unless you need to save it for movement, it's our equivalent of WoG, a very efficient heal and 3rd "hot"), HT cancelcasting otherwise. If the group took damage I would ignore it until all 5 had deficits for WG. It's that simple.

What would it take to quell the QQ? Would a vid or two do it?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I have to agree with Outiluke, try the EJ approved spec, I just switched to it myself when I hit 85, you will notice a difference especially if your random group does what they are supposed to do, CC and actually follow the fight mechanics.

Granted I haven't done a heroic yet but I did just finish Lost City with a group that barely CC'ed mobs and with a tank that just loved to charge into everything and not use his cooldowns wisely. It was pretty rough but managed to finish.

I hated my resto druid as Wrath started to end, I even was going to switch to resto shaman because resto druid became so boring, I have to say, I am loving the changes thus far. I actually need to think what spell to use, from that standpoint, very pleased with the class right now.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
See Sicarri's post. Healing IS different, specifically for raids. it IS a huge learning curve, as we can no longer just roll rejuv on 10-15 people and expect to not dip below 80% mana *much less you'd go oom super quick*. You need to get a feel for the fights, and just roll with it. I was constantly adjusting my healing style each pull, so yeah it will take some time. HOWEVER, with that being said, resto druids are in a REALLY good position right now. Bring 2 resto druids and swap glyphed innervates for that 20% extra and just re-learn the class. Resto druids are one of the stronger healing classes right now, assuming you learn it correctly.
Reply Quote
26 Undead Priest
I'd say druids are broken but if you don't think its broken you can probably admit its disappointing.

Our main heals are lifebloom, nourish and HT... that rotation makes me feel like a priest. I don't want my rotation to be a watered down version of priest healing and I'd like to see my hots as viable without being overpowered since druids are supposed to be hot healers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]