Why the new healing system is broken:

85 Blood Elf Priest
I get that Blizzard wants us to use all of our spells. I applaud them for making changes like that because I admit that spamming Flash of Light over and over again is no fun. Now here's the thing:

1) If you want us to use all our spells to heal, you should make sure that using all of our spells doesn't make us go OOM. When leveling is stopping to eat after every mob you kill fun? So why would drinking after every pull be fun?

2) If our BIG heal is only healing the tank for 15 percent of his health, something is wrong.

3) Regular dungeons should not be balanced around a guild group of five people on vent together making sure they have perfectly timed, non-overlapping CCs. Heroics-maybe. Regular dungeons-definitely not.

4) PVP: We have two options now-use our quick heal and go OOM in 10 seconds flat, or use our mana conserving, 2.5 second cast heal and be kicked, spell locked, silenced, pummeled, skull bashed, and/or counterspelled by every opposing player within 30 yards.

There are some things I like about the new healing model. Using all of our spells is great, but there is still a lot of work to be done. Yes, a lot of healers are in uproar right now and it is for a good reason. Please consider that Blizz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]