Druid Healing Facts

85 Tauren Druid
Instead of stating my opinions about how hard or not hard current healing is, I'm merely going to present a few facts. As a point of reference, I am a fresh level 85, in all quest rewards from twilight highlands, so, a healthy mix of 313 - 333 things. This is what someone will enter normal level 85 dungeons wearing.

My Unbuffed Stats:
HP: 91369
MP: 66200
Combat regen: 1796 mp5

Single Target Mana Costs (average heal size):
Regrowth: 6522 mana (5856/initial, 609/tick)
Rejuvenation: 4845 mana (2871/tick)
Lifebloom: 1304 mana (406/tick, 3x stackable) -only able to have on one target at a time-
Nourish: 1863 mana (~4950, ~6900 if hots are present on target)
Healing Touch: 5590 mana (~15100)

Percent of my mana pool each heal costs:
Regrowth: 9.8%
Rejuventation: 7.3%
Lifebloom: 1.9% per stack, then 1.9% each refresh, or Nourish refresh stack for 2.8%
Nourish: 2.8%
Healing Touch: 8.4%

Because Lifebloom can only stay on one target at a time, this is reserved for tanks. Nourish only heals for a 'worthwhile' amount if a HoT is present, and Swiftmend can ONLY be cast if Rejuvenation or Regrowth is already present. This leaves me with four options to heal a player who takes a large amount of damage:

-spend 9.8% of my mana to heal for ~8k
-spend 7.3% of my mana to heal for ~21k
-spend 8.4% of my mana to heal for ~15k
-cast an AoE heal

These facts all lead to a simple concept:

If you take avoidable damage, I'm going to run out of mana quickly.

This includes 'standing in fire' damage, damage which could have been mitigated through use of CC, and damage which could have been healed in mana efficient ways had a tank been the recipient of the damage (threat, cc fail, etc.).

I know I'm not a geared druid yet, but this is the situation fresh healers are coming up against to begin improving their character. Please do your best to not take damage, and we'll do our best to heal you if you do. Kicking a healer or not doing your part to reduce incoming damage solves nothing.
Edited by Zoology on 12/11/2010 4:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2010 4:22 AMPosted by Waraila
Unfortunately this doesn't cover unavoidable aoe damage .. such as the third phase of the last boss in Throne of Tides.

or the burn phase of the first boss in SFK..

Not entirely sure how a druid is supposed to heal that insane amount of damage that can't be avoided.

That's easy, we just pop innervate...oh wait...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
If you're pumping out heals on the first boss of SFK you're doing it wrong :P

People only need around 30k, can get away with less if you are a good dispeler. Tranquility after the last decimatey thing before 25% phase and you win.

Edit: dps only need that much, of course keep healing the tank
Edited by Zie on 12/11/2010 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/11/2010 4:27 AMPosted by Zie
If you're pumping out heals on the first boss of SFK you're doing it wrong :P

People only need around 30k, can get away with less if you are a good dispeler. Tranquility after the last decimatey thing before 25% phase and you win.

Edit: dps only need that much, of course keep healing the tank

Nice to see there are still ppl who have a brain around here.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/11/2010 4:22 AMPosted by Waraila
Unfortunately this doesn't cover unavoidable aoe damage .. such as the third phase of the last boss in Throne of Tides.

or the burn phase of the first boss in SFK..

Not entirely sure how a druid is supposed to heal that insane amount of damage that can't be avoided.

It isnt. Heal tank and the one with the dot.
Dispell (if your talented) or someone in your party the dot.
Everyone stack.
rejuv on 85% or so, just before he wil do the asfixiation stuff. (So you have it ready in the 1st second he releases you to use swiftmend + wild growth )
Put again 3 LB on tank and prepare to heal the rest a little.
Keep em on 20% hp. Same on the 2 next asfixiations and when boss goes phase 2, wg, efloresence + tranquility.
If someone has BL / Time W. / A.Histeria, do it.
Voila.
Took me about 15 wipes to do it right, even "knowing" the theory...
This fight its about playin in the limit, not of ur mana, but on evertones hp pool.

Hard tho.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]