Healing is Amazing

85 Tauren Druid
Usually I am Blizzard's biggest critic. After healing every expansion I can honestly say that healing now is the most fun it has ever been. There are definitely hurdles to be overcome - but every healer in my guild is enjoying the new model. However, for people who healed nothing but wrath I can understand the frustration as it is an entirely different ballgame from what you were used to. All I can say is that the more gear you (and everyone else) get the easier it gets, - and I believe that cycle will continue as you graduate to harder content.

I will say that I do feel horrible for people who need to pug. Our healers are proven raiders - Muru, Yogg, Heroic LK completed in their prime, yet a couple of them were removed from groups for stopping to drink. I don't think there is anything that can be done about it - the community's ignorance will take time to correct. On the other hand I love that this makes guilds relevant again. It was a nightmare trying to keep a guild going when no one needed to be in one. Sooner or later though the scarcity of healers in random pugs will force people to be more understanding.

I do still have concerns about the class balance between healers (and PVP) - but that is for another post on another day. Just keep chugging away at it guys, the community will soon realize they need you way more than you need them.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
well if you have any suggestions for a disc priest plz do tell yes I understand all healers got this new challenge layed out before them however there is nothing i can do I have respected reforged re everything and nothing works i go oom trying to keep the group above 30% I have been kicked out of TONS of heroics I am a pvper and if its going to b like this in pvp im gana want a class change xD
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I have to agree with Zowi, I am a career healer so it feels so nice to actually have to manage things again, think about cooldowns, mana conservation, what heal to use in what situation. And I can understand the flood of complaints from people who only knew healing from Wrath because it really is culture shock.

Luckily, I haven't been kicked from any groups for having to stop and drink so I have been lucky on that front. I also like that having just hit 85 yesterday, I need to work on my toon a little bit before even attempting to Pug a heroic as I took a break from raiding back in August and am guildless.

Best advice I read from some other resto druids is SLOW DOWN, get out of the spam mentality, it truly does help.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I am very much enjoying the new healing and the challenge that comes with it.

Anyone that doesn't like it probably does not yet understand how drastically they must change their play style, or possibly this new style just isn't for them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I feel like a HoT now.

Every 2.3 sec I finish casting my heal and begin the next one.

I used to use all my heals, now I just use one.

My finger is getting tired, and soon I think I will need to replace the number 3 key on my keyboard.

But my tank lives, the dps survive.

Not the excited change I was hoping for tho.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 11:40 AMPosted by Probability
Healing is so incredibly boring in Cataclysm. It no longer takes any skill. You have ~15 heals per in-combat and really can't do anything to prevent a wipe or ensure victory, it is all out of the healer's hands. It feels like I'm not even playing.

I can't help but feel that the minority of people that enjoy the new healing style are baddies that feel more comfortable with the sudden lack of responsibility healers have in Cata - since we can only do so very little it is a sad thing to brag about. There is no skill involved in managing 15 heals. The new healing system can be summed up as a forced lack of healer participation. You'd might as well just be watching other people play.

i honestly think that the difficulty should be higher, sadly, with too much QQ going on, i fear that a nerf on the dungeons will happen
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think the changes are alright if you run in a solid guild group or with friends, on vent, and coordinated.

The load of crap came about because of this....

1. Blizzard made wrath healing a bit too easy...fire and forget for some classes and kinda mindless for others.

2. Blizzard set up a random group match system to make grouping easier on everyone

3. Idiots are always usually idiots.

You cant have something that requires great coordination and on the same hand expect people to randomly group up for it. Its like an oxymoron in computer code we are playing out right now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
You cant have something that requires great coordination and on the same hand expect people to randomly group up for it. Its like an oxymoron in computer code we are playing out right now.

That's going to end up being the biggest problem. When more of the masses start doing heroics I just don't think most players are going to tolerate this healing model. It will be an interesting first month as a social experiment to see who can adapt (and who rerolls as DPS or cancels instead).
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/11/2010 1:08 PMPosted by Amera

That's going to end up being the biggest problem. When more of the masses start doing heroics I just don't think most players are going to tolerate this healing model. It will be an interesting first month as a social experiment to see who can adapt (and who rerolls as DPS or cancels instead).

Social experiment is the perfect phrase for what this is. I wonder if someone at blizz is sitting back laughin at us all right now going "QQ MOAR NEWBS ROFLMAO!!!!!!111!1!"

I remember the days when you formed your groups or joined up and you KNEW the idiots on your server....and you avoided them. This healing model would work GREAT at that time....but being forced to randomly group with any tom, #!%* or harry.....we need something easier.

Now I dont want to return to the days of waiting hours sometimes to do something...I enjoy the fast randoms, I really do. But they dont work with the new healing model.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Healing is TERRIBLE
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/11/2010 1:15 PMPosted by Ðøñë
Healing is TERRIBLE

HEALING IS AMAZING!
Edited by Çaz on 3/6/2011 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/11/2010 11:40 AMPosted by Probability
Healing is so incredibly boring in Cataclysm. It no longer takes any skill. You have ~15 heals per in-combat and really can't do anything to prevent a wipe or ensure victory, it is all out of the healer's hands. It feels like I'm not even playing.

I can't help but feel that the minority of people that enjoy the new healing style are baddies that feel more comfortable with the sudden lack of responsibility healers have in Cata - since we can only do so very little it is a sad thing to brag about. There is no skill involved in managing 15 heals. The new healing system can be summed up as a forced lack of healer participation. You'd might as well just be watching other people play.

I completely disagree. Wrath healing was a reflex game - there was no thought in it. You hit your 2 buttons as fast as you could and sometimes people died regardless of what you did.

Healing is more like Real Time Strat now - which is all thinking.

If you feel like you aren't a participant i question if you have ever healed.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
ok adapt all you want in a pve environment but its not gana help pvp... ok yes spaming flash in WotLK was insane however in pvp you were never able to spam it in higher rated arenas the fact you get a chance to cast a heal of any kind is rare and consists of a lot of juking I have done some bgs recently and well not only can I not keep up with the damage going out I run oom trying to do so as a disc priest we depend on crit well at lvl 80 I had about 30% crit and now I only have about 10%...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ummm I am not the one that started saying people who like Cata raiding are baddies. Nor did I even respond by flinging poo back. I am sorry if you and others are feeling inferior or can't adapt.
Edited by Zowi on 12/11/2010 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
how can i heal like this in pvp anyone wana share that with me???
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]