Paladin, Only Viable Healer

85 Tauren Druid
I am posting this as a competant resto druid who has adapted to the new healing methods and is still running oom pull after pull and midway through boss fights. Granted, I am still 84 but my avg ilvl is 322 and I should be more than adequately geared for regular dungeons.

I thought all healers were facing this issue... apparently not. My guild has been running heroics for the past couple days and I have been told that I may as well go dps because pallies are the only healers that can heal without going oom each pull.

When I look around this forum I see druids complaining about how hard it is and pallies responding saying it is doable and to stfu and l2play. Well, I'm sure it is doable for you pallies, but for us druids it simply is not. It is not a matter of "doing it wrong" it is the simple fact that our toolbox does not have the tools to perform the role of anything but a dedicated tank healer.

Have any others been hearing/feeling the same?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I can heal normals with little problems, as long as there some planing and maybe some CC.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
The other classes are very capable of healing heroics, just more of a challenge. Paladins are a lot stronger than the other 3 healing classes though, which is pretty concerning to me. Blizzard put so much time into this new challenging healing model, but is allowing one class to dominate and ruin it for the other healers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Having an 80 of every healer going into Cata, I researched and level'ed my pally first more for it being my jewelcrafter than anything else...

With that said, having experienced first-hand the healing....there is NO WAY I feel like I could do it on my priest or druid. Maybe the shaman, maybe.

Paladins are NOT overpowered, the other healers are just lacking sufficient things and need buffed....more so the druid than anything else. No way with that "toolbox" will I set foot in an instance on heroic with my druid healing it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ive never ran with a pally healer yet but Ive run with priests,druids,shamans and I have ran as resto myself.

It seems like they are doing a lot worse than I am as well.

I want to run with a holy pally to see how they fair but havnt had any in a random yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If I run out of mana midway through a boss fight it's either because the DPS/tank are not doing what they should (ie. not interrupting a spell, standing where they shouldn't) or because I'm not being 100% efficient with my mana (usually for fights I haven't encountered because I'm not familiar with the mechanics).

That being said, after we wipe, I let the rest of the party know what needs to be fixed and usually they're good at it and we get through the encounter. By the end of every single heroic encounter I'm usually at 5-10k mana -- but I assumed that is supposed to be the case.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/11/2010 1:00 PMPosted by Farther
If I run out of mana midway through a boss fight it's either because the DPS/tank are not doing what they should (ie. not interrupting a spell, standing where they shouldn't) or because I'm not being 100% efficient with my mana (usually for fights I haven't encountered because I'm not familiar with the mechanics).

That being said, after we wipe, I let the rest of the party know what needs to be fixed and usually they're good at it and we get through the encounter. By the end of every single heroic encounter I'm usually at 5-10k mana -- but I assumed that is supposed to be the case.

The problem is, as a druid, you have limited tools to use to prevent those wipes.

Blizzard attracted a certain crowd with wrath and the random dungeon finder...now they expect coordination after gaining a large player base who frown on personal responsibility.

On my paladin, I have a few tools to help with that in a random....from threat reduction with hand of salvation....to hand of protection. I can save someone with LoH....or for the grand-daddy of all saves pop out all my cooldowns and have 20% crit, haste and improved heals while having my GoAK out doubling those heals and splashing AOE heals while Holy Radiance ticks. (and yes I have had to do that quite a few times today.)

Druids have tree, which while nice, doesnt even hold a candle to what the paladin can do to save idiots....and at the end of the day when your having problems in these places its cause the majority of the playerbase are just plain idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/11/2010 11:50 AMPosted by Avalyne
Blizzard put so much time into this new challenging healing model, but is allowing one class to dominate and ruin it for the other healers.

Or maybe they needed more time, but Activision forced them to get the game out in time for Christmas. I've kinda' started to wonder ....
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I disagree, during Cata beta testing. Pallys were behind all the healers until several changes and buffs we were made viable then. Shammys and Priests had very positive feedback in Beta Cata raiding.

Once the epic gear show up, Druids were far and away scaling away from other healing classes. The fact is now "Haste" effects HoTs is a huge change.

Once Druids get more haste in their gear, they are getting one extra free tick in their hots. No other class will scale that well later on.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/11/2010 2:09 PMPosted by Basara
Once Druids get more haste in their gear, they are getting one extra free tick in their hots.

Which does little to nothing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/11/2010 2:09 PMPosted by Basara
I disagree, during Cata beta testing. Pallys were behind all the healers until several changes and buffs we were made viable then. Shammys and Priests had very positive feedback in Beta Cata raiding.

Once the epic gear show up, Druids were far and away scaling away from other healing classes. The fact is now "Haste" effects HoTs is a huge change.

Once Druids get more haste in their gear, they are getting one extra free tick in their hots. No other class will scale that well later on.

Cata beta raiding was absolutely dominated by resto druids/holy paladins even before the single target buff, not sure what positive feedback you're talking about for priests/shamans (note the abilities responsible for this did get nerfed, so I'm not talking about balance now).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Priests are no where near as bad as people make them out to be. Proper gearing solves many of their issues, seriously. What i'm finding is wipes are caused cus people aren't avoiding stupidly hard hitting abilities that are completely unhealable.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
Druids are very powerful in the right hands, my guild has taken down 3 raid bosses already with 2 resto druids and a disc priest in heroic gear.

The problem here is the player
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I see a very clear trend. This is who thinks healing is fine:

Paladins
People that don't pug
81's - 84's
People who haven't tried heroics

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/11/2010 2:30 PMPosted by Outiluke
I see a very clear trend. This is who thinks healing is fine:

Paladins
People that don't pug
81's - 84's
People who haven't tried heroics

Lol, got news for you...

Heroics are supposed to be hard. When they were introduced in BC, you never pug a Heroic it's always a guildie run.

Gosh people are so spoiled, WOTLK made Heroics just a 20min badge run and nothing else.

Paladins always start off being the easiest class to play at early content and eventually other classes outscale them with gear and content. Remembering BC when Pallys start off great and end off being Sunwell'ed.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]