Don't change healing back!

90 Tauren Druid
I've seen lots of complaints about the new healing system, and as a restoration druid, I am hit pretty hard by the new changes. I'm making this post saying that I actually enjoy the new healing system and I do not want it changed back to the previous way that Wrath of the Lich King had it. Healing then was boring, and full of constant clicking and spamming Regrowth. Healing in Cataclysm actually forces people to work together as a team rather than staying silent and facerolling through an instance. Healers really have to relearn their classes and dps have more of a role too.

If a Blizzard employee is reading this, I plead you to ignore the ones begging for healing to be reverted to WotLK levels and keep it as it is now.

TL;DR? Healing isn't broken.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing IS broken.

But its only because the healing spells don't scale with stat inflation and strict requirement.

While I love the new healing model, my most expensive heal shouldn't be my ideal heal and even at that it shouldn't heal for only 20% of tank's health.

I need more reason to not use expensive heals, not spam expensive heals because all other heals are nearly worthless and weak.
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
I don't think anyome wants healing to go back to as it was in wrath (including people who are looking for changes now) nor do I think blizz would ever allow it to.

Just because some people aren't enjoying healing now doesn't mean they want easy mode.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
We do have less reason to use those big fat heals. If we crowd control properly on mobs and know boss fights, the damage to tanks and dps are significantly less. Using cooldowns more often also mitigates damage greatly. Gone are the days we can keep people topped off completely.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 11:35 AMPosted by Gulrak
We do have less reason to use those big fat heals. If we crowd control properly on mobs and know boss fights, the damage to tanks and dps are significantly less. Using cooldowns more often also mitigates damage greatly. Gone are the days we can keep people topped off completely.

You can't mitigate AoE damage in Boss fights. In heroics tanks don't get 2 shotted.. they get 4 shotted. Still not enough reason to leave my most expensive to heal only for maximum 30% of tank's health.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
12/11/2010 11:35 AMPosted by Gulrak

Just use bandages and they wont even need you their :) I agree that blizz is not going to change it much, the days when you cast a healing spell and you know you did something is gone :)

For the people like me who healed in TBC and Wotlk and wants to know we healed, Them days are gone, just give up healing and let the people who like it this way have their fun :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
As a holy priest I have to say i'm in love with the new cata healing system.

It's given back that edge of "OH MY GOD WHAT THE !!!% IS :LSBFGIUPWGIUS" feel that i've been missing for ages.

When I first started dungeons i'd oom every pull, but i'd pick up pieces and slowly get better. Getting in the groove of the new healing system until finally i went from drinking every group of mobs and oom'ing 3/4's of the way through them, popping shadowfiend and Hymn of Hope on bosses to not even needing shadowfiend/Hymn on bosses, drinking every 2-3 pulls.

I find nothing broken about Lightwell, you click it and live or you ignore it and die. Yeah it's stationary and that sucks, but even so it is one of the best heals in the game atm. Cheap and effective. You can ignore it sure, and you may have a higher to chance to die. But I have never had a problem keeping my group alive since cata came out.

My point is, yeah some classes are a bit busted, and disc mana regen is just dead.

But overall I think those kinks and wedges will be worked out in the long run, and as it is now; i'm enjoying my Holyness.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Healing heroic Halls of origination.. the first boss the stacks of the debuff on dps is unreal.
my mana pool cant keep up with the damage going out, and my renew ticking for 2k's Gets my absoloutly no where. by the time we get the first sheild down.. my mana is gone. tank dies dps dies we lose..
That debuff gets into the 20k damage every 4sec range making healing near impossible for me
and theres no way to CC or avoid this damage.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I love healing the way it is!
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
12/11/2010 11:39 AMPosted by Swordrogue
For the people like me who healed in TBC and Wotlk and wants to know we healed, Them days are gone, just give up healing and let the people who like it this way have their fun :)

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 11:52 AMPosted by Bobsmash
make people use CC. makes healing so much funner (and easier)

Please by all means tell me what CC should I suggest on boss fights and their AoEs?

Don't say bandage because anyone who started playing in wrath did not learn and level first aid. And I don't believe people should be forced to level secondary professions.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
12/11/2010 11:55 AMPosted by Lothwen
12/11/2010 11:52 AMPosted by Bobsmash
make people use CC. makes healing so much funner (and easier)

Don't say bandage because anyone who started playing in wrath did not learn and level first aid. And I don't believe people should be forced to level secondary professions.

I don't believe people who choose to not have ways to help out the healer while healing is difficult should be forced to be in PvE content. There's a bench over there. You hang out there for a bit. While you're at it, make some bandages. Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
12/11/2010 11:26 AMPosted by Gulrak

TL;DR? Healing isn't broken.

in your opinion.

My cancelled account says it is.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
in your opinion.

Alrighty, if healing being more difficult is a game breaker for you, have fun, go play the Lego MMO or FFIV, you won't be missed.
Edited by Gulrak on 12/11/2010 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
12/11/2010 12:11 PMPosted by Gulrak
in your opinion.

Alrighty, if healing being more difficult is a game breaker for you, have fun, go play the Lego MMO or FFIV, you won't be missed.

We don't want it f'ing easier dumbass. My god are you dense.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 12:11 PMPosted by Gulrak
in your opinion.

Now I know that you are trolling.

Good job though, cause you definately got me to bite.

I don't believe people who choose to not have ways to help out the healer while healing is difficult should be forced to be in PvE content. There's a bench over there. You hang out there for a bit. While you're at it, make some bandages. Just sayin'.

This is mmorpg, not your personal game. You have to adjust to variety of people's attitudes. With your attitude, just hope that blizzard doesn't fix healing because if they do and they become more popular you are getting booted from groups. Just sayin'
Edited by Lothwen on 12/11/2010 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]