Mount Up!

85 Tauren Druid
Is it intended that this achievement does not effect druid flight form?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Probably working as intended. Would be nice if it affected Flight form though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
That would go against what Blizz has been trying to do with letting us buy Master Flying.

Giving us one way to use any mount we want, but then within weeks giving another that requires us not to use any mount we want just seems counter productive.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
12/11/2010 4:25 PMPosted by Hrothegar
Probably working as intended. Would be nice if it affected Flight form though.

If it was working as intended by only affecting actual mounts, it would not affect Running Wild. It currently does.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/15/2010 4:35 AMPosted by Ninerva
If it was working as intended by only affecting actual mounts, it would not affect Running Wild. It currently does.

Isn't running wild an actual mount spell? Flight Form is... well a form. I'm not saying that it should not be counted, but they're mechanically two separate things.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Running Wild is considered a Mount. It has all of the defining characteristics, from cast time to usable locations to required level. It applies the 'Mounted' internal status.

Flight Form is considered a Shapeshift. It does not apply the Mounted status.

Most likely, given that Crusader Aura was modified to effect Flight Form, Mount Up will eventually be patched the same way.

*EDIT* FFFFFFF~~ quotes *crittothehead*
Edited by Lichna on 12/15/2010 5:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Hunter
310% Flight Form is still better than a Mount Up boosted 310% mount, get over it.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
310% Flight Form is still better than a Mount Up boosted 310% mount, get over it.

Not always. For long flights, such as flying to another zone/town instead of using a flight path, you'd want to use a mount for the extra speed. For herbing, picking up quest objects, or anything similar, you'd want to use flight form.

<div>Posted by Lichna</div>Running Wild is considered a Mount. It has all of the defining characteristics, from cast time to usable locations to required level. It applies the 'Mounted' internal status.

Sure, it's a mount in terms of game mechanics, but it is NOT A MOUNT in the sense that your character is not riding anything and is moving under their own power. Swift Flight Form is the same. Until I hear otherwise from Blizzard, I consider Mount Up not affecting Swift Flight Form to be a bug.
Edited by Ninerva on 12/15/2010 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Um. Do you really need to argue the point when, later in the post you quote, I agreed that it will and should be fixed? All I was doing was explaining why it didn't work right now mechanically, and that this exact issue has cropped up in the past with mounted move speed buffs.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It would be nice if there was any response at all from Blizz, even the petition I put in was deleted without a response.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Running Wild should be affected, it is a mount. Druid Flight Form should not, it is not a mount. That simple.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/15/2010 9:23 PMPosted by Amaranthas
Running Wild should be affected, it is a mount. Druid Flight Form should not, it is not a mount. That simple.

If it is a form the same as the rest we have we should be able to cast it in combat.
It is effected by Crusader Aura, a mount effect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]