Healing is Not Broken

There is nothing wrong with healing as it is. So much feedback about how you aren't efficient enough to keep everyone in your group topped off, too stressful, etc.

Blizzard doesn't want you to be efficient enough to keep everyone in your group topped off without CC.

You have a big heal, a fast heal, and an efficient heal.

What did this remind me most of? Healing in Vanilla WoW.

In Vanilla WoW, I healed Molten Core, ZG, AQ, and BWL on my holy priest. You would gear to better optimize your most efficient heal. In Vanilla WoW dungeons, you would have a rogue sap, a mage sheep, and even a warlock seduce at times to make things easier for the group.

This is how it is now. If groups tossed out at least 2 full CC's each fight, the fight would go much smoother, and I can't imagine a healer spending 50% of their mana bar in fights like that.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
You're the only one I've seen say that Cata healing is anything like Vanilla healing.

Maybe because it's not?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Instances remind me of heroics in BC, but healing really doesn't feel like what it did in Vanilla - maybe because I'm not consciously cheating the FSR.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
You have a big hea

Actually, no, I don't, and that's the problem. I have NO "big" heals I can choose to spend my mana on during times of high damage.

It may not be technically "broken" since content is completable, but it sure isn't *fun.*

Also this is nothing like vanilla WoW, where your big, expensive heals actually healed a very significant percentage of the player's health. The expensive heals in vanilla WoW were *much* larger relative to player health. Same with BC.
Edited by Elliora on 12/11/2010 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
My healing touch heals for "16070" as on the tool tip. It will usually heal for 18-20k with around a 28k crit occasionally.
Its not a big heal.
I cant use most my hots anymore as they cost too much mana.
Now all i can do is put 3x life bloom on tank and spam healing touch.
Thats not fun.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
YOU BAD KID YOUR NOT EVEN 85 YOU DONT KNOW DIK ALL ABOUT HEALING
Reply Quote
12/11/2010 3:33 PMPosted by Subtotal
Dps also take massive amounts of damage now especially melee.

Smoothest runs are always those with no melee DPS.

I had a run with pally tank, 2 DKs and an arms war. Jesus....
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/11/2010 3:55 PMPosted by Chagga
12/11/2010 3:33 PMPosted by Subtotal
Dps also take massive amounts of damage now especially melee.

Smoothest runs are always those with no melee DPS.

I had a run with pally tank, 2 DKs and an arms war. Jesus....

I feel for you. :\
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/11/2010 3:13 PMPosted by Shankski
There is nothing wrong with healing as it is. So much feedback about how you aren't efficient enough to keep everyone in your group topped off, too stressful, etc.

Blizzard doesn't want you to be efficient enough to keep everyone in your group topped off without CC.

This is where it is broken. it is very stressful because now you need to think how you should heal. Too many choices of who to heal due to the design of different encounters. Why should healers have to make this much decisions making while DPS and tank do not?

that was just part of it, now we're running to problem where healing spells cost too much but healing so little. What left for healer to do?

It turns out to be challenging, but there is no fun left. we play game to relax and having fun, not getting more stresses after work.. seriously blizzard. you can keep the encounter the same, they are good, but why healers get penalties just for making few mistakes on healing wrong target? DPS and tank can sometimes make mistake and healer can still help them recover; healers make mistakes, who going to help them? this is going to be healer's fault again.. really..
Reply Quote
15 Human Rogue
So for resto druids, what is our efficient heal again? Our class is totally broken.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/11/2010 4:25 PMPosted by Frankdux
So for resto druids, what is our efficient heal again? Our class is totally broken.

3xLB, then Nourish spam until your eyes bleed...

Oh, and use HT on clearcasting procs. I think that's supposed to be the fun part.

I think.

Right?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
So, don't go to heroic instances either dungeons or raids and you won't be stressed. If you want run through heroic like it was in WOTLK just remember those times are gone. If you can't deal with heroic just log off and relax. You are not elitist. Leave those for the guys who wants to have a challenge. Don't pretend to be the one, because you are not. Those guys are not crying here, but hard working on the tactics with their friends. Blaming is the easiest thing you can do. Again, don't be stressed of challenged content if this is not yours.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
It's easier to say the sky is falling than it is to adapt.
Reply Quote
The other old-schoolers here seem to be victimizing themselves rather than looking at the notable differences and similarities between Vanilla and Cata.

We are healers.

If a dps pulls aggro, I will not heal him. He will probably die, and go WTF? and I will say,

"You have numerous abilities to lower aggro, distance yourself, etc. Why make me spend mana and precious seconds casting, when you can save yourself with the press of 1 button."

The self-proclaimed "healing problem" is not a healer problem at all, it is a dps one.

In Vanilla, healers had to have mana pots, numerous consumables, be in the right groups for totems... All this just to manage in some situations.

Now it's Cata, and most healers I meet are whining because they still have over 50% mana when there isn't even any CC? Give me a break.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]