Healers on the firing line

85 Blood Elf Priest
I understand where they were going with these changes, and I like the idea of being more thoughtful before each pull and cc'ing etc. BUT... They've put healers in the position of having to ram these changes down people's throats by slowing the group down with drinking or letting people die. How many groups are likely to say, "Gosh that was an ill-conceived pull, maybe next time let's use some cc" versus saying, "Healer, you suck *vote to kick*"?

Coming off those final weeks of LK, everyone is still in chain-pull faceroll mode. They don't want to wait for drinking. They don't want to cc. If you have to do those things, it must mean you suck right? Please don't put healers in this position. It's really not fun.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Eh, besides how I heal I don't do anything different in pugs these days. The difference is over the last few days I've noticed more and more dps and tanks dress down the dps standing in crap for me. After I let them die of course :)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
12/11/2010 5:09 PMPosted by Shareese
Coming off those final weeks of LK, everyone is still in chain-pull faceroll mode. They don't want to wait for drinking. They don't want to cc.

Macro:
/p Hey guys, I'm Tephy your best healing friend today. Please use CC on mobs. Mark a {Skull}DPS {Triangle}Hex/BindEle {Star} Sheep {Square}Trap. Wait for a CC pull and please don't chain pull my mana is very strained at times.

Healing is fine, you really need to get a group of competent dps/cc/tanks who understand game mechaincs and you'll find it fun again. Just stick it through.

The group needs to work together, so communicate idea's for pulls and strategies for bosses. Don't just expect to carry a group because WOTLK taught you to spam heals.

If groups don't want to listen to you or are just so stupid to comprehend what's going on just leave the group. They were lucky to have you in the first place.

Make friends on your server and LFM for people who aren't sill WOTLK LFD campers. Get a group with a great dynamic relationship going. Like how it used to be!.
Edited by Tephy on 12/11/2010 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
It's been a rough adjustment that's for sure, especially tanks not waiting for you to loot and drink and keep up with them. I really hate when a tank rushes off and doesn't even look to see where you're at or how your mana situation is, and here you are huffing and puffing after working your keester off to keep the group up during a bad pull. Real demoralizing.
Edited by Damenas on 12/11/2010 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Shaman
Considering how difficult heroics are, especially in a pug.. I am finding it incredible annoying that DPS are not buffing themselves with food and flasks/exilers... and not even bothering to eat between pulls.

I either have to heal them after I get full mana and before a pull, or heal during the pull.

I had no issues letting dps die when it would not effect the pull.. but at the moment, we need everyone alive and most are ignoring requests to buff up or eat.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I have pretty much just started to say:
"You mark cc's every pull, and ill drink then and we wont have any problems"
before every dungeon, they do it, were golden, they dont and I start to get angry, and oom..... and its somehow me being bad that is the conclusion everyone draws. :-(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Yeah i just had a tank with 57k hp vs my 72k, in vortex pinnacle. He nearly died on the FIRST trash pull despite me spam healing him. So I teleported out and told them to kick which they at first refused to do, however after insulting me for a while they eventually did.

As I said to them : I am not here to carry people.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I've been tanking a lot and I've always got an eye on healer's mana. I wait a while between each pack to allow them a chance to drink, but often they don't, and then they go oom. I'll have to start reminding healers to drink, I guess a few are still used to having rapid mana rejen.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2010 6:17 PMPosted by Slainee
I've been tanking a lot and I've always got an eye on healer's mana. I wait a while between each pack to allow them a chance to drink, but often they don't, and then they go oom. I'll have to start reminding healers to drink, I guess a few are still used to having rapid mana rejen.

A lot of this comes down to availability of drinks. Not every group has a mage, and not every mage is willing to make a table. So you wind up using your own drinks until you run out. I find this a little annoying, especially if the tank only lets me drink my mana up to half before he pulls, because hey I actually PAY for those drinks. And the thing about the dps refusing to eat really irks me. My job as a healer is to keep them alive during the pull, not buff them up to 100 percent while they're standing there tapping their feet and I'm oom. Healers need to buy drinks; everybody else needs to buy FOOD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]