Alliance please que for Tol Barad

85 Orc Death Knight
I would very much like to be able to join one and 4v4s aren't very fun. That is all.

-Your friendly horde DK
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
WTB faction balance then we'd be glad to provide you more spots.
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 4:34 AMPosted by Salice
WTB faction balance then we'd be glad to provide you more spots.

Tol Barad is balanced I remember seeing a blue post a while back that the minimum queue size was 25. So basically TB is a 25v25 BG

The issue being that most people either don't know this, aren't interested in pvp atm and are busy doing heroics or other things, or still remember the 100v10 WG games.

Just give it time and it should even out.
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
Though on a side note it seems that if the teams are balanced with a 1:1 ratio the defending team should always win.

attackers have 2 towers : defenders have 1, defenders can just turtle in the last tower and if they do get wiped out defenders rez in the middle of the zone so they can quickly mass another tower.

Also it seems that if you cap a tower all the way to the left or right that it locks the tower for a couple minutes. I could be wrong but I haven't done enough TB's to check that out fully.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I think most if not all balance issues would be worked out if there were more than 4 people from each faction in the zone during a battle.

It is a 1 to 1 ratio guys. For every one alliance that gets in, one horde gets in. There are plenty of horde that que for every battle. Just need some alliance to do the same.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What I mean is that while it is forced 1:1 when you have at the moment 2,3 or maybe even 4 horde on this server for every 1 alliance it's going to always sucks to queue as a horde.

Faction transfer, it's easy to get in as alliance.
Reply Quote
So first there are complains that because there are no limits on WG it is unfair, then they fix it so you get an equal amount of characters in the bg and you still complain? I'm pretty sure Alliance has more than 25 people.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
How did what I say constitute a complaint? I like having getting in when i want. I was just saying WHY you have a hard time getting in.
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
you need to learn how to read.

At no point did anyone complain about the queue system. In fact we've said that people should give TB some time while the alliance level. Right now it seems that most of the alliance 85s are PVE players with no interest in pvp. Most of the people that I pvp with are not even 85 yet.

TLDR : Wait a week or two and more alliance should start to to queue as people level.
Reply Quote
we held it 3 times last night AND did baradin hold....tried 25 man...lololololol..then did 10 man and killed it. I JUST LOVE THE USAGE OF OLD BRUTALLUS MECHANICS YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
The odds are already stacked against the attacking force. In fact, they're stacked in favor of the defense more so than we would like at this point. We're looking to address this in an upcoming patch so that defending Tol Barad doesn't feel like there's virtually no fear of loss.

In line with that design goal, we made this hotfix to ensure winning Tol Barad back for your faction feels much more rewarding.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869

December 22 - 27 Cataclysm Hotfixes

Tol Barad

Winning as an attacker now rewards players with 1800 Honor Points, up from 180. Winning as a defender still rewards players with 180 Honor Points.

Count on it but you'll probably just be sitting on your ass while we trade it for honor every 2.5 hours. Bandaids, gotta love em.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Dougal i do love you from my days as a death knight and attacking during the day is just a waste of time. The answer here is very simple. Have cuties transfer to alliance and enough fan boys will follow you guys back to help with evening out the over all numbers thus helping the balance of quality pvpers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I would queue for it if there was a possibility of winning as an attacker. Maybe you Horde should get with the program and let the attackers win so it can flip flop and everyone get 1800 honor?
Edited by Trieve on 12/29/2010 8:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/30/2010 2:42 AMPosted by Kibslol
then we would have to deal with Ekun's unhealthy obsession with female dorfs.

who doesn't have an obsession of female drawfs, cmon!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
for christs sake, if i bust out my statue pedestal, ADMIRE IT, DO NOT KILL ME, FFFFUUUU
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It's a really pain!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]