Pros and cons of various healing classes

80 Night Elf Druid
I haven't started leveling the new 80+ content yet as I started a worgen at expansion. However, I am looking to start leveling one of my 80's and was wondering if the tank community could help me decide which guy I want to heal with.

I have one of each class at 80 that can heal, so that is not an issue. I am also not looking for the OP class, if there is one. I am just wondering your thoughts on the pros/cons of the various heal classes to help me make a more informed decision. If you could include leveling healing from 80 and heroic healing analysis, that would probably help me a lot too. Thank you for your time and effort.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Assuming you meant to ask which class is best at healing, the short answer, paladins are pumping out roughly fifty percent more hps than all other classes. So by that metric I would suppose one could call them OP'ed, but the truth of the matter is a bit more complicated. Right now healing is pretty much hell, and in desperate need of an overhaul (even if you disagree that we need a buff, the mechanic are simplistic at best in its current incarnation focusing on one or two heals as the button you will smash 90% of the time). Also, if you plan on PUGging, seriously, save yourself coming to this forum and crying - just dont do it.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
That actually wasn't what I was asking at all, and stated such. I said I wasn't asking who was OP and all. I just wanted to know the pros and cons of the various healing classes so that I could make an informed decision on which class I wanted to make my healer at this time. Thanks for your input though.
Reply Quote
I think all the healing classes are having problems. I still think there is some twinking to be done by Blizzard to fix some of the issues. My big issue w/ it has been w/ mana regeneration.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Healing isn't hell; it's challenging but doable. It's frustrating at first until you realize "hey, maybe changing my spec will help out!" Who would've thought?

To the OP.

Pros for pally healing: Nuke heals. Our most efficient heal at 85 heals for around 9k per cast (holy light with my stats). Divine Light crits for nearly 40k. Our healing thorough-put is stronger than other healers (as it has *always* been) because all our spells are nukes. That's always been the niche we've played in with massive direct healing spells.

Cons: Holy Radiance is complete crap and costs too much mana for the 10k in 10seconds (when we can holy light and heal for 10k in 2 for only 2.5kish mana)

Don't know if this is a pro or con but the biggest thing for pallies right now: Watch your procs, use light of dawn or wog appropriately, holy shock when daybreak is up, holy light/divine light when infusion of light procs depending on the situation... Basically, it's all about watching your procs and your consumables and choosing the right spells.

Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Thank you Kyaza! That was helpful. I am hoping some others can post something about their classes too.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2010 10:24 AMPosted by Vuldin
12/12/2010 9:44 AMPosted by Kyaza

Cons: Holy Radiance is complete crap and costs too much mana for the 10k in 10seconds (when we can holy light and heal for 10k in 2 for only 2.5kish mana)

I have to agree. Holy Radiance is only really good when everyone's stacked right on your ass. Anything other than that it's completely useless, it's kind of annoying, especially for fights where there's a lot of AoE damage but it would be ineffective to stack up.

Even then, it's better to stack 3 holy power and use light of dawn. It heals for more and costs no mana. Why use holy radiance at all? There are so few heroic fights where you can stack and be ok that it's rather =/. I miss glyph of holy light with the splash heals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]