Paladin vs. Druid

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey healers, was looking to see your oppinions on paladin and druid healing 80-85 and how they are faring in heroics so far. I would have really loved to play a priest or shaman but just cant come to finish northrend on my priest for the 4th time (would rather do outlands twice over)....

Anyway was looking for who is enjoying healing more as a paladin or druid, and how your mana issues seem to be, and if the class is facerolling healing ( i know beta forums stated how paladins and holy radiance were far above everyone else)...

Thank you for any information you could provide of a pro/con or vs. basis between these two classes. Feel free to add any other information you would like, and shamans speak up too! I still want one
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Also from an offspec perspective, I tanked prot on my paladin a good bit in WOTLK... So how are druids and paladin doing as prot, feral (tank and dps), balance, and ret. Thank you guys and gals so much
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Mana issues seem about equivalent across the board for healers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druids seem to be very strong, to the point where I have the luxury of spending mana/gcds on skull bashing/bashing/cyclones on top of the roots that should be used every pull. Of course, those reduce the amount of healing required even more.

And yes, this includes heroic pugs.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah was just reading a couple posts on the front page about the issues everyone seems to be having with mana. Looks to me like druids might have it the worst with their post beta changes. A little discouraging to hear because I was leaning more towards the druid too
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 10:51 AMPosted by Faveokatro
Druids seem to be very strong, to the point where I have the luxury of spending mana/gcds on skull bashing/bashing/cyclones on top of the roots that should be used every pull. Of course, those reduce the amount of healing required even more.

And yes, this includes heroic pugs.

Are these statements based on guild/friend runs? Because I know healers are doing well when they are grouped with guildies, but PUGs are another story.

Is this just an adjustment to a vanilla style of healing and the fact we are all newly 85, once we farm enough JP to get some of the blues we will find it easier?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
so you are mainly dps..I was wondering how a fellow druid could say healing was fine.

It isn't. Our heals don't scale like other classes. So, as we gain levels, our heals don't increase. Maybe it improves at 85 as we gain gear but at 83 it can be heck.

Granted other classes have some bad habits they need to unlearn (like get out of the fire/goo/etc, runaway from aoes, carry bandages/food)

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not mainly dps, I'm my guild's healing lead and MS resto since BC. I simply logged out as balance because I was doing a BG. As of now I've healed every heroic, some multiple times, and about the same as balance.

Yes Merid, this applies to random heroics as well. I actually frapsed a Heroic Throne of the Tides that was entirely pug thinking to put it up (at 1900x1200, so eating up half my second HD :D). I could probably do that for every instance if people want to see.

In guild runs, I virtually never have to drink. Ever. I do sip a little between pulls but it's usually from 75%+.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Druids are worse-off right now, but the druid in my guild was just as able as I was to heal heroics within 24 hours of Catgaclysm's release.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you paladins generally enjoying the healing style we have now? I havent healed seriously since Uld so havent really played with holy power and new heals
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It actually depends a bit on the fight. Any fight where the tank can avoid damage for a little while, druids are extremely strong because we can swap LB onto a dps. Erunak in Grim Batol, for instance. The MCing squid in Throne, and more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Also, druids are the only healer with 1.5 CCs (the .5 is hibernate, which is usable surprisingly often). I would strongly disagree that we're the worst off. Roots by itself makes us highly viable instance healers. We can also interrupt boss effects (admittedly, only 1 a minute but that's better than nothing), which is huge when your pug heroic either has none or they're braindead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Heroics are getting easier in guild runs. The tanks are getting better gear and not so squishy anymore. The DPS are doing 12k dps instead of 5k dps that you see in pug. CC is not being broken. Our unholy DK can kite two melee mobs all by himself. By the time he bring them back to us, they are mostly dead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]