Healers need passive spell hit

1 Troll Warrior
Every healer has a CC, every H instance requires CC. Healers missing on CC's is bad and I see no reason for it. Provide some passive +hit in the various healing specs so we can reliably use our CC's.

Signed,

A shaman that is tired of seeing miss too often on a 45 second CD.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd love the paladin 2pt talent that gives them a spirit->hit conversion. Even though my only crowd control is cyclone.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I was thinking the same thing last night after I kept missing with Hibernate pulls in Grim Batol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 11:32 AMPosted by Sevzi
I'd love the paladin 2pt talent that gives them a spirit->hit conversion. Even though my only crowd control is cyclone.

Cyclone isn't your only CC, hibernate in Grim Batol is just awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 11:44 AMPosted by Sylvana

Cyclone isn't your only CC, hibernate in Grim Batol is just awesome.

Roots may help too against melee'
Reply Quote
Every healer has access to a Spirit -> Hit talent as early as 81. It's your choice if you think the investment is worth it over a minor increase to your healing efficiency.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
12/12/2010 12:14 PMPosted by Sabei
Every healer has access to a Spirit -> Hit talent as early as 81. It's your choice if you think the investment is worth it over a minor increase to your healing efficiency.

Not a single healing priest will spec into T2 shadow to get the Spirit to Hit talent. It's simply not possible, as you'd miss out on required healing talents.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 12:43 PMPosted by Ayani
12/12/2010 12:14 PMPosted by Sabei

Not a single healing priest will spec into T2 shadow to get the Spirit to Hit talent. It's simply not possible, as you'd miss out on required healing talents.

^ This

No resto druid can spare the points for spirit to hit, nor priests, nor shaman without sacrificing significant ouput/and or regen. (pallys get the hit for their judgements, but they dont really have CC beyond turn evil i think)

The only time I could see those talent even slightly worth it is in a pvp build.

As to the OP, as much as that would be nice - you really have to just hope your dps can/will CC - on trash the miss rate should be low (3-6%), so if you have to CC, its not the best choice, but should work...ideally its a DPS job.
Edited by Keiyra on 12/12/2010 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Paladins get the conversion so their talent that lets judgment grant haste will work.

The priest, druid, and shaman talent that gives the same conversion is, imo, meant for dps specs so spirit gear will be usable for them, not meant for healers to get free hit.

DPS should be cc'ing, there are three of them and one of you, your mana is for other things.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
DPS should be cc'ing, there are three of them and one of you, your mana is for other things.

How very true.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/12/2010 2:51 PMPosted by Tiraslin

How very true.

This couldn't be more wrong.

You have CC's, use them. I hex while in the middle of a fight, and re-hex before it fades to keep it going, all while healing.

You need to be able to multitask to be a healer in cataclysm.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I agree, good idea OP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 2:54 PMPosted by Incorporeàl
12/12/2010 2:51 PMPosted by Tiraslin

How very true.

This couldn't be more wrong.

You have CC's, use them. I hex while in the middle of a fight, and re-hex before it fades to keep it going, all while healing.

You need to be able to multitask to be a healer in cataclysm.

I'd be down with this if it wasn't for the fact that Priest and Paladin CC consists of a 3 second stun (if you are Holy and gimping yourself by not being in a Chakra) and nothing else.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
(pallys get the hit for their judgements, but they dont really have CC beyond turn evil i think)

Hammer of Justice on a one minute CD is the only other thing. I'd hardly call it CC. It's more like CN (Crowd Nerf). ;-)

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

I originally only picked that talent up for the self-heal, but my judgements return 15% of my base mana, which has been a literal lifesaver in some of the tougher encounters.

I didn't realize that there wasn't an equivalent for some of the other healing classes.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

I'd be down with this if it wasn't for the fact that Priest and Paladin CC consists of a 3 second stun (if you are Holy and gimping yourself by not being in a Chakra) and nothing else.

Not true. I specifically take the glyph of psychic scream on my priest so I can CC with it, without having the mobs run off and pull others. 8 seconds isn't a ton, but CC'ing several mobs even for a few seconds can easily save you a wipe.
Edited by Wildspeaker on 12/12/2010 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
Add to this, Shaman have a talent to restore mana when the use lightening bolt, I had the talent, then dropped it quickly because at 0 hit, there is such a large chance the lightening bolt misses and even more mana are wasted.

Even though this talent is really rather stupid, if there is a fight that I have time to toss out LB's, I probably don't need the mana anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]