Is anyone finding regrowth useful?

90 Night Elf Druid
I've been running a few heroics and i've noticed that i never have an appropriate time to use regrowth.

It's too costly to use outside of a clearcasting proc, and healing touch is always a better choice, the cast time difference between the two just doesn't seem to be enough to justify the mana cost/healing output.

It just feels like there's no situation where getting a heal for less than half a healing touch a second faster is worth it.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
Im about to take it away from my bars.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's bound, but I've used it maybe 4-5 times since I hit 85.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Use it to proc natures grace when you need the haste.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 12:19 PMPosted by Frewtlewpz

You know I do use it for that, but having one of our main 3 spells only useful once every minute, and even less since i never cast it without clearcasting, is a little disappointing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't think I've used it at all. As you said, no sense wasting the OOC on a regrowth when you can use HT instead.

Actually, it could work well with symbiosis if it went back to the way it was originally, with a really long HOT.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Agreed, Elunatic, and that's actually what I just posted in my thread: Bring back the 27-second HoT, and we'd use it with Nourish and our mastery. It wouldn't matter how much it ticked for.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 12:23 PMPosted by Sylvana
12/12/2010 12:19 PMPosted by Frewtlewpz

You know I do use it for that, but having one of our main 3 spells only useful once every minute, and even less since i never cast it without clearcasting, is a little disappointing.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with wanting to use every spell constantly. In WOTLK you could get by with raid healing by using solely Wild Growth, Rejuv, and Swiftmend, whilst never using healing touch, nourish, or regrowth! You only complain because you can, its not as if you are actually concerned not being able to use regrowth. At least every heal we have is distinct now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I find it an excellent mana dump.... you know in those instances when I have too much mana and nothing better to cast.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I currently use it as a setup for mastery, and for the haste proc.

So if I see a major spike, I use it first and then follow it with a healing touch or rejuv, depending on how quickly they will take more damage, if at all.

I will also cast it on the tank in the worst portions of a fight they take damage, as an extra hot, even if 6 seconds I will keep it up and in my rotation.

And in ToL from all OOC procs. As lifeblooms will be raining them down.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 12:35 PMPosted by Frewtlewpz
don't understand everyone's obsession with wanting to use every spell constantly. In WOTLK you could get by with raid healing by

Actually, as I remember it, we did complain rather loudly especially when they changed our healing tools. We were told in no uncertain terms to stfu, and that the new healing mechanism would expect us to play smarter and use all of the tools in our healing toolbox. Muhahaha, fail.

Would you like me to find the old post from the forums on this very point?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 12:44 PMPosted by Marcusbnaud
12/12/2010 12:35 PMPosted by Frewtlewpz
don't understand everyone's obsession with wanting to use every spell constantly. In WOTLK you could get by with raid healing by

Actually, as I remember it, we did complain rather loudly especially when they changed our healing tools. We were told in no uncertain terms to stfu, and that the new healing mechanism would expect us to play smarter and use all of the tools in our healing toolbox. Muhahaha, fail.

Would you like me to find the old post from the forums on this very point?

Stop trolling, I am not denying that some people complained before, but the QQ is at a whole new level now, and it is mostly because bads can't adapt. You didn't use all your spells before, you don't use them all now. The difference is that now there is a situation in which every spell has a role, they are all distinct (at least for druids). The game is heading in the right direction, adapt or get out. Too many bad healers around anyways.
Edited by Frewtlewpz on 12/12/2010 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Stop trolling, I am not denying that some people complained before, but the QQ is at a whole new level now, and it is mostly because bads can't adapt. You didn't use all your spells before, you don't use them all now. The difference is that now there is a situation in which every spell has a role, they are all distinct (at least for druids). The game is heading in the right direction, adapt or get out. Too many bad healers around anyways.

Trolling? I don't think so. Keep thinking the qq'ing is because we are all bad healers. If that gets you through the night and strokes your ego... well good luck with that little man.

EDIT: fixed broken tags.
Edited by Marcusbnaud on 12/12/2010 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Trolling? I don't think so. Keep thinking the qq'ing is because we are all bad healers. If that gets you through the night and strokes your ego... well good luck with that little man.

Some people are getting by fine. If skill can compensate for the system, guess what people should be focusing on changing O.o
Reply Quote
27 Troll Hunter
Marusbnaud,

Sadly he doesn't get it either, Frewtlewpz.

People again get along fine if you like have 2 heals. If you don't you still use 2 heals and get board to death doing it.

He's one that loves the non-thinking style GC has made. The right heal for the right job is you cheap heal. It's about the only thing you'll ever use. Fun?

Most think not.

Does it work? 90% of the time yes. Has another poster put it he might as well be a BoT. Have it mash the cheap heal and you'd ready never know the difference.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 1:43 PMPosted by Frewtlewpz

Some people are getting by fine. If skill can compensate for the system, guess what people should be focusing on changing O.o

As I have stated repeatedly, I PUG. If you think it is your skills that have improved, then don't let me bust your bubble. Seriously, LB and nourish spam make you a skilled healer. Couldn't be that the rest of the group is just doing a terrific job of avoiding damage? Heck a few of them are probably even healing themselves in and out of combat. But it is all you right? Nothings broken at all, nothing to see folks, move along....

Did it ever occur to you that by the time you are geared well enough to feel comfortable running these instances, these same folks will be geared enough to NOT need you? That's right, replaced by a well time pot, and some bandaids....

W/E.

Seriously, glad that you are enjoying the changes, but really do you need to bash the rest of us?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Regrowth has a upwards of 70% chance to crit... which plants a livingg seed. i almost always use it on ever omen proc UNLESS the tank is in dire need of a big heal, in which case ill defer to healing touch.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Though HT is gonna hit for more, I am using Regrowth a fair bit on my clearcasts simply because it's a full 0.9s faster. If it'll get the job done I can get back to Nourishing almost a second earlier, which lets me hold off on HT that much more. Of course it blows when it doesn't crit - that's a risk I take, but if the speed at the time is warranted, I'll do it. If I specced Moonglow and ditched Nature's Bounty, yeah, I wouldn't really being casting it either. Right now, I feel what I gain from Regrowth's crit outweighs moonglow's mana reduction in terms of my overall usefulness to a group - not having the option to really buffer people back with Regrowths while I'm lifebloom rolling in tree form because Regrowth will never crit, well, currently not an option I like. If I need Moonglow badly when I step into raids, so be it, but while specced for Regrowth, it's not *as bad* a button as everyone is making it out to be, not that I'm happy where it is myself. It's poor. Its crit dependency is a relic that we don't need anymore. They phased it out somewhat in WotLK and shifted it to Nourish, then only brought it back when Efflo was tied to it. Buff the spell, kill the crit. Heaven forbid a non-resto druid casts it.

A clearcast regrowth (that will likely crit) to swiftmend a melee that needs some oomph makes it worth it in my eyes, though, especially if others will benefit from Efflo (not that I'm a big fan of Efflo's throughput) and that melee is under fire enough to proc the living seed in the next 15 seconds.
Edited by Nilianil on 12/12/2010 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
As I have stated repeatedly, I PUG. If you think it is your skills that have improved, then don't let me bust your bubble. Seriously, LB and nourish spam make you a skilled healer. Couldn't be that the rest of the group is just doing a terrific job of avoiding damage? Heck a few of them are probably even healing themselves in and out of combat. But it is all you right? Nothings broken at all, nothing to see folks, move along....

I don't use nourish, pretty much ever. I refresh lifebloom with OOC healing touches. Rejuv is more efficient than nourish if you don't need it to refresh lifebloom, so if your tank is taking more damage than lifebloom can heal (which is often) use rejuv. If you have extra OOC procs use more healing touches. Use WG pretty much on cooldown, bandage bad dps who take more damage than they should, ect. I don't heal like you, because your heal style is retarded.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]