The healing changes have made us mean.

85 Worgen Druid
In WOTLK I would gladly carry new or bad players through dungeons. If people didn't know a boss fight or their class abilities, I'd help them out. I never votekicked anyone.

Since Cataclysm launched however.... I'm just a jerk. So are my guildmates. If two or three of us get into a group with some pugs and they don't know what they're doing, we plainly tell them they're not good enough for us to succeed and we kick them.

For example, we had a DK with us earlier today that didn't know he had a second interupt spell. He only thought he had strangulate. In WOTLK I would have helped that guy out by explaining the boss fight to him and what abilities he should use. Cataclysm doesn't afford me that luxury. If the dps don't know how to play I'm going to be subjected to a wipefest. So we told him and his warrior friend that we felt they weren't good enough for heroics and we bailed.

I wonder if this is what Blizzard intended. Should heroics be so hard that new or less skilled players are kicked to the curb? WOTLK seemed to be all about spreading the enjoyment to the entire playerbase. This 180 in design philosophy is surprising.
Reply Quote
I don't have the mana for bad dps at the moment, maybe when i get some more / better gear that might change but at the moment i have a hard enough time trying to keep the tank up. thats why if they stand in the fire i let them die or if they cant pull enough dps vote kick or ill leave, atm its easier to let them die and brez them back to full hp, doesnt cost any mana
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't. If you must heal, do it on a paladin. Shammies do fairly well, but Druids are getting trashed. Priests aren't happy, either.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Errr Whitworth, do whatever you think is fun of course however locks are one of the best classes now period in pve if not the top including cc abilities and druid healing is at it's most challenging ever. I'd stay on the lock and have fun if I were you. Just sayin. I do like my Druid however if I had a lock no way would I not be playing the lock.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Whitworth, my guildies lock can CC 3 ppl at once... Do you know how nice that is as a healer? :D

Seriously <3 nublets
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I was mean long before Cata came along, idk what you're talking about.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
For most part, I have to heal bads who stand in fire and groups who never CC.

I now give two warnings to not stand in fire and or use CC before I let them die/wipe.

Problem is that I just get kicked when I do this.

I begin to loathe the common PuGer even more, in Wrath I could make up for bads easily but not so now! PuGers are all, more or less, a clueless buncha idiots who will never learn.

Been violated and abused in the majority of instances I have run now and it's really starting to annoy me. I have even gone so far, as suggested, to let terribles just die after telling them repeatedly to get a grip; this has lead me to be kicked multiple times. 3 dumb dps votes > mine.

Suppose the only good thing that's come in Cata for me is...........I GET INSTANT Q. Last LFD I did, and i do not joke....they waited 25 mins for a healer.
Edited by Flowers on 12/12/2010 5:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Locks with no CC? Get the fear glyph and there are elementals in almost every instance that need banished. Plus you bring the imp buff, healthstones, etc. If I could chose which classes I would want as dps w/ the LFD tool, warlock would likely always be one.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Locks are great CC and DPS to boot plus they are ranged.

Melee are the worst to heal, none them pay attention to their life or notice that hey...that mob is going nuts doing massive AoE...maybe I should strafe 3 feet for a few seconds...NOPE! I generally don't even bother trying to heal melee now, there aint no point; they are a waste of my mana.

My perfect dream group is 2 mages, lock, and paladin tank.
Edited by Flowers on 12/12/2010 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
12/12/2010 5:00 PMPosted by Mantooth

For example, we had a DK with us earlier today that didn't know he had a second interupt spell. He only thought he had strangulate.

He...but...wha....

I think I just had an aneurysm. How do things like this happen? People never go and actually look at their abilities?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I gotta stop reading the forums. I'm scurred to level my healer. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]