Why the queue times are long

85 Draenei Priest
If I had to pinpoint it, it's the same reason I've just stopped queuing as a healer (holy).

I'd rather the >hour wait than put up with the bs I've dealt with.

Leaving aside the genuinely bad groups, getting early kicked because "you're a priest? lol" (!), and people standing in the fire that they can't see since they can't play with their graphics turned up, my alternatives of mana efficient 2.3 second casts which barely move the health bar versus mana inefficient everything else, mana-saving mechanics which proc on crits that hardly ever happen, aoe instants which don't move the health bar perceptibly, an AOE chakra state that falls off invariably just before I need it (if it doesn't, I'm heading to oomville), and a reliance on people doing basically 8-9k and perfect mechanics or else I go oom (i.e. things that don't happen in pugs) is maddening.

I've got to believe I'm not the only one.

I've spent the last couple of days on H attempts, and I really just want to quit the game entirely, but I'll stick it out for a while longer - just not as a healer. If I find my dps is also sub-par (and tanks doing 8-9k dps gives me a range to shoot for) then I'll chuck it in.

If I didn't know I'd be banned, I'd spend the next few pages of text swearing up a storm, is how angry I've gotten over the last few days.

Any chance of making some other class and spec "the way you want healing to be" next time you do healing design? Every time you do that to Holy, we get less throughput. How about making Paladins "the way you want healing to be" and making Holy "a little OP, we might have to consider nerfing it" next time?

Just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
85 Healer, especially for heroics = insta-queue

85 DPS for any type of dungeon = hope you have another hobby while you wait

I'm no longer queueing for heroics, as well. It's not fun dealing with people like that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 8:13 PMPosted by Eparch
If I had to pinpoint it, it's the same reason I've just stopped queuing as a healer (holy).

I'd rather the >hour wait than put up with the bs I've dealt with.

Leaving aside the genuinely bad groups, getting early kicked because "you're a priest? lol" (!), and people standing in the fire that they can't see since they can't play with their graphics turned up, my alternatives of mana efficient 2.3 second casts which barely move the health bar versus mana inefficient everything else, mana-saving mechanics which proc on crits that hardly ever happen, aoe instants which don't move the health bar perceptibly, an AOE chakra state that falls off invariably just before I need it (if it doesn't, I'm heading to oomville), and a reliance on people doing basically 8-9k and perfect mechanics or else I go oom (i.e. things that don't happen in pugs) is maddening.

I've got to believe I'm not the only one.

I've spent the last couple of days on H attempts, and I really just want to quit the game entirely, but I'll stick it out for a while longer - just not as a healer. If I find my dps is also sub-par (and tanks doing 8-9k dps gives me a range to shoot for) then I'll chuck it in.

If I didn't know I'd be banned, I'd spend the next few pages of text swearing up a storm, is how angry I've gotten over the last few days.

Any chance of making some other class and spec "the way you want healing to be" next time you do healing design? Every time you do that to Holy, we get less throughput. How about making Paladins "the way you want healing to be" and making Holy "a little OP, we might have to consider nerfing it" next time?

Just a thought.

The words out of my mouth. You're not the only one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]