Healing is fun, drinking isn't

85 Undead Priest
Particularly heroics; is there a reason why healers need to sit and chug while the rest of group goes on ahead? It feels like an awfully dated mechanic that doesn't fit in the game anymore. Why not streamline this?

Meditation
Increases your mana regeneration while out of combat by 300%, and allows 50% of your regeneration from Spirit to continue while in combat.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Thats actually a very good idea. I havn't had much trouble keeping people alive in 5 mans so far, trash or bosses. I do agree the mana cost is a little too steap, but it may adjust with gear. I honestly rather have lower heals, and people taking massive damage causing me to heal like a mad man, then stare at a mana bar, but thats me.

But I agree, I wouldn't care about beeing oom at the end of a fight if I didin't have to drink every time afterwards.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Um... your solution is stupid. Why? Because it is completely and utterly overpowered. There's nothing wrong with sitting down and drinking.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
The new mage food makes this quick as ever...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Someone will probably say something about PVP, but seriously. Drinking is like standing in line at an amusement park. Very few people go to the park to stand in line; hardly anyone enjoys it, but at least at the park it's necessary. In WoW, not so much, especially since it's primarily just a healing problem now anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
A model where mana regeneration out of combat is trivialized is long overdue. Drinking definitely is stupid. And they can make arenas permanent combat zones anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Blizzard needs to buff the healers, is very annoying to play like that = x
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey! I like drinking! And so does a certain crab.

You better not be speaking poorly of the breakfast of champions.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
12/12/2010 8:47 PMPosted by Sevzi

If only drinking for mana were as fun as drinking a bit of alcohol now and then :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
There are obvious potential complications with soloing and PvP, but I do agree that the dependence on Mages right now is disconcerting. After a few hours, I've usually gone through ~55 Mana Cakes, or about 30 of my own sources of water.

I'm a lot more conservative when it's my own. =P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2010 8:27 PMPosted by Allatu
Um... your solution is stupid. Why? Because it is completely and utterly overpowered. There's nothing wrong with sitting down and drinking.

the %!!*? drinking out of combat is OP?????????
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Yeah but that fine line is turning everything right back to the wrath days
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
12/12/2010 9:31 PMPosted by Eyv
Yeah but that fine line is turning everything right back to the wrath days

In what way? Are you implying that being able to pull more quickly rather than waiting for 30 seconds after a fight is a bad thing?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Mage cakes restore health as well as mana, so I ask my group to sit and eat their cakes after a fight to top themselves off.

They're healthy, and delicious.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
There are obvious potential complications with soloing and PvP

"not active in battlegrounds or arenas." PvP problem solved.

As for soloing, are you really worried that healing specs will be leveling too fast?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/12/2010 9:03 PMPosted by Melandris
12/12/2010 8:47 PMPosted by Sevzi

If only drinking for mana were as fun as drinking a bit of alcohol now and then :)

I hit the bottle every time I queue for a heroic now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I haven't been running oom while leveling as disc. but when i'm in dungeons i just cast a few heals and i look at my mana bar and it's just a little sliver of blue.

So far i'm not quite sure what i'm supposed to do to avoid that. maybe if i let people die then i won't run out of mana so much.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
So far i'm not quite sure what i'm supposed to do to avoid that. maybe if i let people die then i won't run out of mana so much.

I know, right? :(

It's every healer's dream to be the guy who "lets people die" instead of being able to, you know, heal them. I know I sure as hell don't feel quite as "epic" while playing a healer when "let him die" is a viable emergency strategy. It makes me feel... I dunno... more like one of the villains. I know in other media, the guy who lets people die usually isn't the good guy, and every time the good guys know someone has to die, generally someone volunteers for it rather than being hand selected by the healer because they were an idiot.

I mean, imagine in Lord of the Rings if Gandalf had instead thrown Merry at the Balrog to knock it off the bridge instead of saving everyone else, or if Sam had decided Frodo was an idiot for having tried to wander off alone and just let him get killed by Shelob.

It's one thing to not be able to save someone because, depiste your resources, you just don't quite have the power, and quite another to decide not to heal someone in order to save someone else. The first can be fun, but for me, the later is just a bit too, as TV Tropes would call it, Crapsack.
Edited by Melandris on 12/13/2010 12:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
For me drinking became much better when i keybound it. Shift-N, far away so you probably wouldn't use that keybind in combat, but much more convenient than clicking in your bags or trying to find it on your bars everytime. And then you just do it every time you're out of combat, so you rarely need to drink from empty to full, you just grab a bit of mana each pull until your tank runs too far away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]