Are you having fun?

88 Human Priest
I'm not.

I wasted time I probably should've spent studying for finals (I did get SOME study time in at least) grinding through buggy quests with the issues fixed just after I finish them and then I start doing dungeons. Healing....well if you don't know what's wrong, there's a billion other threads.

I now dread queuing for dungeons , I don't want to do it. I don't want to be kicked again because my heals can't keep up, or because I don't have 6k spirit.

To the other healers - are you having fun healing? I'm sure that if your e-peen is that big and you enjoy the "challenge" then yes, yes you do. But as for me, this is a video game, which I play to relax and have fun, and struggling and being frustrated is not fun.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/13/2010 12:58 AMPosted by Xbishop
I'm not.

I wasted time I probably should've spent studying for finals (I did get SOME study time in at least) grinding through buggy quests with the issues fixed just after I finish them and then I start doing dungeons. Healing....well if you don't know what's wrong, there's a billion other threads.

I now dread queuing for dungeons , I don't want to do it. I don't want to be kicked again because my heals can't keep up, or because I don't have 6k spirit.

To the other healers - are you having fun healing? I'm sure that if your e-peen is that big and you enjoy the "challenge" then yes, yes you do. But as for me, this is a video game, which I play to relax and have fun, and struggling and being frustrated is not fun.

I have fun healing when others do their job.
Reply Quote
I love healing now. I don't play video games to relax, I play them for a challenge that I can beat. If I wanted to relax, I'd.. do something else.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's been 6 days.

Do norms for relaxation and heroics for a challenge.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
It's ok in raids since I hardly have to use the stupid "Heal" but heroics are freaking BORING and not fun at all.
Reply Quote
My solution was to use my offspec Boomkin until they fix healing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 2:34 AMPosted by Greylord

Running 2 miles is a challenge. Sitting on your ass and pressing keys isn't.

It's not a challenge but you make threads QQing about how hard it is. Got it!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I had fun today. I did one pug heroic and one guild heroic. I leveled cooking to 525, and somehow got jewel crafting to 500 without spending a huge amount of gold.

Did I have fun leveling to 85. Honestly, not really. It's not fun leveling and it's not fun watching your character become weaker and weaker. The bugged quests and rude players camping spawns and refusing party invites doesn't help either.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm enjoying the challenge, and heroics got substantially easier when I better learned my abilities and players stopped standing in fire.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 1:01 AMPosted by Alestrom
I love healing now. I don't play video games to relax, I play them for a challenge that I can beat. If I wanted to relax, I'd.. do something else.

In both cases it is relative.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 2:39 AMPosted by Bloodynails
My solution was to use my offspec Boomkin until they fix healing.

/agree

However you saved yourself from the torment of me ridiculing you, as you are a worgen. If you were a troll I would have some fun comparing you to the annoying orange.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/13/2010 1:01 AMPosted by Alestrom

(feeding the troll):
2 miles a challenge; I lol'd. As an aside, guess playing Beethoven isn't challenging either.

On topic: yes. Love healing (in heroics, haven't got to do teh raids). Love rooting (especially to keep myself alive), love sleeping (makes Grim Batol one of my current faves), love dispelling enrage (Throne), love having to play in different ways to benefit from mastery (Wild Growth is most useful for allowing mastery on group heals), love the whole deal.

Sad that it feels like wrath again with heroic gear.
Edited by Diqmoor on 12/13/2010 3:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why yes I am.

But I'm not playing wow.

Nerf zerg btw .__.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
@OP

How you define fun?? unlimited mana? spamming fast heal brainlessly? 6 adds hitting your tank and do minimum damage? To me, those are fun, however learning how to CC / interrupt / stun / conserving mana is way more fun. Your mana will oom only if things get hectic. If that happened, that's not your fault.. your group needs more CC!

It's just the first week of Cataclysm, give it a rest, learn the new play style and adapt to it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2010 12:59 AMPosted by Ultimai
I have fun healing when others do their job.

When everyone is on their toes, it make the experience much more enjoyable.

Seriously, I was ready to quit playing this character. Then I got a group of people that just clicked, and everything went so much better.

Honestly, success is much more group oriented now than it ever was before.

Edited by Vastra on 12/13/2010 3:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]