ret is so broken

90 Blood Elf Paladin
this spec is offically broken (thanks blizz) i mean when shockadins and prot paladins pull more dps then a "dps" spec you know you got problems... and dont even get me started on how lame we are in pvp i know there still working out the kinks but seriously what is this.. my crit is at 6%? 6%...... in pve i can do some ok dps i've pulled 12k dps on some of the dungeon bosses but thats only when i can stand there and actaully hit him without haveing to run away or whatever, this is rather pathetic and im not rerolling holy so time to find a new class that doesnt suck a fat one. Hopefully blizzard fixes ret so i can play my fav class/spec since vanilla.. almost ex fav class now..FIX US BLIZZARD!
Edited by Kraeze on 12/13/2010 2:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ofcourse it isnt.. it helps make our dps higher... more crits means more higher numbers which means more damage per second...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i've been reforgeing crit i personally think its bugged for us, like i get an item with 100+ crit on it and it boost me .20% or some bs like that, meanwhile my warrior friend gets an item with 100+ crit on it and gets nearly 2%...
Edited by Kraeze on 12/13/2010 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I think retribution is not going to be viable in pvp for a long time. The holy power mechanics are not as good as the old retribution; having the criticals broken just makes it worse.
That is my opinion, not a fact, but is based on the play mechanics and stats. Having haste being such an important stat is also bad because it can be affected by latency.
I know retribution is not going to be good soon, I've never cared about being top dps but being among the top was certainly good, now I just wish blizzard does not decide to keep changing class mechanics so drastically so I can keep playing the class I like; which is not the case for this paladin because I chose retribution as main spec and after patch 4.0 retribution is not fun and is always broken. Good luck with your paladins, I hope some day I can get back to this toon and enjoy it again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All paladin specs are awesome atm, if used right, those of you who are QQing aren't good paladins lol, nough said.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
12/13/2010 3:06 AMPosted by Krelen
All paladin specs are awesome atm, if used right, those of you who are QQing aren't good paladins lol, nough said.

"nough said" means nothing, what you bring to the table is nothing more than a troll would bring to an argument. If they're bad, tell them what YOU'RE doing right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
PvE im tearing everything up i can top dps or am just below mages rogues warlocks it doesnt matter! But as soon as i try to pvp , anyone will tear me a new one mainly because we rely on proc's given enough time you get them but in fight that lasts 20 second and your toast because you didn't get art of war or hand of light once.

At 85 you are no longer a healer/tank hybrid because the only spell that heals for a decent amount now is lay on hands, we are more a holy warrior that has magical abilities but no healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Let me break it down for some of you why i too who have played this class for 4 yrs and never had issues till this patch.

Holy - Holy is fun but its also tough to play since Healing through damage in pvp and pve is slow Since Paladins depend on Haste now as the beneficial stat its hard to keep a single tank up or anyone up while also keeping 2-3 others up as well including urself also. And the fact that Holy light is ur new Flash of light is sad. since flash is so expensive it will drain ur mana quickly. So if you go holy STACK! lots of intellect and reforge Haste, mastery will end up coming with the gear dont change any of that either. Crit is yes broken but it doesnt matter since blizzard is still fixing the issues with out class.

Prot - Prot in PVP is by far the way to go, in 4 secs u can drop a healer from 100k health to 30k, with 3 hits which is insane, not only that in pve its dps is higher than a Ret pally which ret is the main dps source in any paladin spec. One issue though that i see in all tanks is the fact they dont spec dodge and mastery. 2 very important things for a tank, not crit and haste ive seen tanks from Diff servers use dps gear since all tanks now have NO! def so they dont think about the basic essentials of cause tanks still get crushed hard in heroics and even in Dungs since Mobs there will %%%# face.

Ret - Ret is SOOOOO broken its takes 10secs to even make what a dk or war can do in 3secs and thats the burst a paladin has to pop everything to even show any considerable dps on a boss and even then in raids its going to be worse its like Vanilla over again when rets where shund away. PVP is bad, no survival rate (sacred shield was to important) with the lack of defensive spells casters can %%%# us without us even touching them and holy power should be based off damage not from one of our holy spell since i noticed this its harder to get holy power up to keep urself healed through so much damage. i wish blizzard would fix these important areas soon. Oh and so people know Haste again is ur important factor before Mastery i know u want to stack something else to improve the stats but the fact that we lack in others doesnt mean we suck i still can do 12k-25k crits with verdict with just 4% crit
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You're all retarded, ret is awesome right now, reminds me of my arms warrior.

just came out of a raid (BoT), on the second boss which is a pretty steady single target fight, i was pulling a consistent 12k-14k dps which is peaking at 18k-20k during blust wings, RET IS NOT BROKEN, you are just doing something wrong.

Make sure you download retribution rotation helper (you can use clcinfo if you want) and set the inquisition priority to about 4-6 seconds, then press what it tells you.

(PS: 55k TV crits, nearly 60k Exo crits, 45k HoW crits, all fun to see)
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Paladin
their intent on this patch was to make things simplier and easier for new users, so i say it's an epic fail, no one can find a logical strategy, the other 2 specs can compete with or EVEN TOP the damage spec, and apparently you need some secret strategy that only 5 pallies know, and of course you NEED these special mods that tell you what to do and when to do it, cause apparently you're too stupid to figure it out with out the mod holding your hand

cmon where's the common sense, i can commend Blizz for trying something new and different but this experiment turned out to be nothing other than an epic fail

back to the drawing board please
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
it's not even 1 week after release, and people are pushing 9-10% to crit 246 blues. And you have the nerve to say "go back to the drawing board"

nm ur only 81 and don't know how to play the class.

BURNNN
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have played both prot and have tried the so called holy dps, both dont come close at all, except prot during some specific high mob count aoe fights, but prot warriors also tear that stuff up.

I could stop using addons and would only lose ~500dps or less, (i would still use similar mods no matter the class/spec) but they just make it easier. Everyone raids without a boss mod right? the only secret is: dont stop pressing buttons
inquisition>exo>HoW>3hopo TV>CS>judgement>holy wrath, even that orders isnt needed, just press stuff similar to that and dont stop!

Honestly, get Seal of truth glyph, get 16 passive expertise (excluding the glyph) and 8% hit, smash buttons, do good dps.

You are complaining about probably the best class+spec ever made, playing a ret paladin isnt a boring 123 spec, it requires attention and it's fun, you are the reason we cant have nice things.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/13/2010 6:17 AMPosted by Magnetaur
I have played both prot and have tried the so called holy dps, both dont come close at all, except prot during some specific high mob count aoe fights, but prot warriors also tear that stuff up.

I could stop using addons and would only lose ~500dps or less, (i would still use similar mods no matter the class/spec) but they just make it easier. Everyone raids without a boss mod right? the only secret is: dont stop pressing buttons
inquisition>exo>HoW>3hopo TV>CS>judgement>holy wrath, even that orders isnt needed, just press stuff similar to that and dont stop!

Honestly, get Seal of truth glyph, get 16 passive expertise (excluding the glyph) and 8% hit, smash buttons, do good dps.

You are complaining about probably the best class+spec ever made, playing a ret paladin isnt a boring 123 spec, it requires attention and it's fun, you are the reason we cant have nice things.

Listen to this man, he speaks the truth. The only problem I've really been having is that when popping wings and Zealotry separately i get better dps then at the same time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2010 2:16 AMPosted by Skannerzz
reforge, enchant, gem for mastery or haste that is the new best thing for 85

1. NEVER GEM FOR ANYTHING BUT STRENGTH.

2. RET MASTERY IS BAD! YOU DONT WANT THIS

3. Haste is next below Strength (After Hit and Exp Cap) Reforge for this
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
First of all i know my class, and my so called "rotation" ret have going now, so calling me retarded or a noob is a plain out troll.. and second of all im sure you pulled that dps on a boss where you just stood there and was allowed to use all your procs and your rotation without any interuption.. now when you have to fight a boss where you gotta be mobile im sure your dps wont be as high. Yes im qqing but many others are this spec isnt as fun as what it use to be back in tbc and wotlk which i'd like them to bring back, now i dont wanna be zomg button mash and face roll anything no i dont, i like the fact we sorta have to think and use our spells more wisely but this is just ridicolous our ramp up time is the slowest outta any class 12-13seconds and when we finnally get 5stacks up and 3holy powers so we can get our first inquistion off then another 10seconds just to see that big TV crit it feels so sluggish and sloppy but thats my opinion. If you're still haveing fun with ret and figured out a playstyle thats cool but i still feel this spec is broken (MOSTLY FOR PVP)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/13/2010 7:40 AMPosted by Smoff
12/13/2010 2:16 AMPosted by Skannerzz
reforge, enchant, gem for mastery or haste that is the new best thing for 85

1. NEVER GEM FOR ANYTHING BUT STRENGTH.

2. RET MASTERY IS BAD! YOU DONT WANT THIS

3. Haste is next below Strength (After Hit and Exp Cap) Reforge for this

This, though I actually like the mastery right now, not worth spending gem slots on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]