Healing Strategies: Druid

90 Night Elf Druid
So, I know there's alot of healers complaining out there, myself amongst them. But, after a major /wrist session that was brought on by 2 hours of Baron Ashbury, first boss in Heroic Shadowfang Keep, mopping the floor with us in his Dark Angel form, I figured I'd throw in my best druid healing gambits and open it up to anyone who has other ideas.

However, I also wanted to comment to some who are posing druid healing strategies of maintaining Rejuvenation and letting Lifebloom pop on the tank... That Lifebloom stack currently ends up costing about 4k mana for a ~16k heal and reapplying 3 lifeblooms takes about 4-5 seconds depending on lag and haste. The better option is Nourish spam on a Lifebloomed tank - Nourish costs ~1800 mana, and heals for about 10k. More importantly, Nourish (and Healing Touch) ***REFRESH*** Lifebloom.

That being said, Rejuvenation is an expensive option right now, as it costs almost 5k mana, but is better in conjunction with Swiftmend(which is free) + Glyph of Swiftmend than other options for additional healing, such as the mana sink of Healing Touch or, Dear God, Regrowth.

As a final note - Please try to make use of your Omen of Clarity Clearcasting. Although it's unpredictable, I find that I'll usually get one at least once every 25 seconds, allowing for a free Regrowth or Healing Touch. It may not sound like much, but during relatively stable combat phases, you can maintain or even rebuild your mana pool by keeping the tank and Lifebloom healed with periodic refreshes of Nourish and making some of their HP deficit up with a Clearcasted spell.

By the way, I still haven't killed that prick. He does 5k shadow damage to everyone every second and you're lucky if your group is at 50% when it starts! It outdamages ToL+Tranquillity! I've even done triple lifebloom stacks on everyone in ToL with Wild Growth. Lowest I got him was 100k. I'm guessing that DPS need to step it up to end it before we run out of HP lol.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
the first boss of Heroic SFK? the first time i saw him, we killed him the first attempt. Everyone said how hard he was... I dunno, I hear you have to interrupt him, and when he force chokes everyone once I realized it wont actually kill a person, it became kind of trivial.

Perhaps I just had a really good DK with me though.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
one trick i found is having the 3 ticks of bloom on the tank when your at full mana before pull. just gotta hit em with nourish or even cheaper another lifebloom
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Getting to Dark Angel form wasn't really the problem. I usually had 50% mana at that time. The problem was keeping the group alive through Dark Angel when they're taking SO much damage.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
He can't be beat with a Resto Druid right now. Give up. A dps left and I qued for feral instead. A holy paladin filled my healing spot and we downed him with complete ease. Listen to what you are saying. A 10k nourish heal for 2.5 second cast and 2k mana. It is just not effective.

We can't keep people up with 3-4k hots. How are you supposed to heal your party when a wild growth heals for like 7k over it's full duration. I honestly dont think it will ever be enough with any gear.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
pro tip: this ain't WotLK, get all the gear you can from the regular instances before hopping on the heroic wagon.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Use healing touch. tranq on darkangel form. done.
Reply Quote
12/13/2010 12:21 PMPosted by Shwee
He can't be beat with a Resto Druid right now. Give up.

Um. Hi. I have healed Ashbury successfully twice now. The first time I did it, I still had a few greens and 2 level 80 trinkets.

12/13/2010 12:32 PMPosted by Tubey
Use healing touch. tranq on darkangel form. done.

This. ToL + WG + Tranq on phase 2. Phase 1 is easy if the tank and DPS know what they're doing.
Edited by Cirocco on 12/13/2010 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
We one shot him the first time too, I think a lot of it depends on how good your dps are to make sure the Dark Angel phase ends as soon as possible, I wasn't in ToL but Efflo + a couple of Rejuves + WG + Tranq was more than enough to get through it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I healed it without much issue. In two attempts, my LFD PUG wiped once because people weren't talking about the encounter and just rushed, and nailed it the second time once we knew what to expect. The encounter needs a lot of AOE healing and that's kinda rough for druids, but it's manageable. There are a few things to keep in mind: 1) the boss needs to be interrupted immediately, 2) you don't need to heal people to full before shadow form (30% or so is fine), and 3) spec for magic removal and get rid of the DOT he casts. Beyond that, have everyone stack up so your efflorescence is used to its full potential. During the shadow phase, rejuv everyone and go tree form and cast lifebloom on everyone for a few stacks, then use tranq. Save swiftmend for topping off the tank at that point. If your DPS can't kill it in time then wiping isn't your (the healer's) problem.
Edited by Barsky on 12/13/2010 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 12:21 PMPosted by Shwee
He can't be beat with a Resto Druid right now. Give up. A dps left and I qued for feral instead. A holy paladin filled my healing spot and we downed him with complete ease. Listen to what you are saying. A 10k nourish heal for 2.5 second cast and 2k mana. It is just not effective.

We can't keep people up with 3-4k hots. How are you supposed to heal your party when a wild growth heals for like 7k over it's full duration. I honestly dont think it will ever be enough with any gear.

Sorry if I made it sound like I was using Nourish during Dark Angel, I certainly wasn't. I was just providing general druid healing tips in response to some ideas I've read from other druids for healing.

It sounds like timing is a really big deal on that fight though. Some people are talking about Rejuv on everyone, wild growth, and lifebloom stacks, but it takes like 15 seconds of preparation to get these things stacked up like that. I think maybe you have to KNOW that you are entering the Dark Angel THAT phase before he enters another Asphyxiation.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Also, did Blizzard make a change in spell power coefficients or something? My lifeblooms are only ticking for like 1450/sec with a triple stack and I have 5200 spellpower. I thought I remembered getting ticks for that much back in ICC10 with 3200? As a matter of fact, I think all of my heals were healing for about the same amount, despite me now having 60% more spellpower.

Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot about the 30% ICC buff. Even still, it feels like my heals haven't actually gained any power.
Edited by Kilios on 12/13/2010 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/13/2010 12:47 PMPosted by Kilios
Also, did Blizzard make a change in spell power coefficients or something? My lifeblooms are only ticking for like 1450/sec with a triple stack and I have 5200 spellpower. I thought I remembered getting ticks for that much back in ICC10 with 3200? As a matter of fact, I think all of my heals were healing for about the same amount, despite me now having 60% more spellpower.

Yes. Spell power coefficients were nerfed across the board in 4.0.1, not just for druids.

Don't forget ICC also had a 30% buff.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
That phase was tough, wiped the first time we hit it. Second time, used BL and popped a few cooldowns. Use treeform maybe? 15% bonus healing across the board is preetttyyy nifty
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Quit being bad.

It is completely doable with saving your tranquility cooldown. The fight isn't even memorable for me so the difficulty is not excessive. If the damage is still out of hand for you, try Tree of Life and lifeblooming everyone before you pop tranquility.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Personally my strategy was to /game quit, because healing is not fun and I'm too lazy to reinvent myself. Now i just like to troll forums until I can get wow out of my system.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If those changes on healing were mede to improve the game experience, well, #blizzardfail
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Got the achievement easy-peezy.

Keep in mind that not everyone needs to be @ 100% hp. In fact, no one does.

First asphyxiate: pre-lifebloom party (treeform)
Second asphyxiate: tranquility
If you have a third, you MAY have to rely on some sort of outside help - warlock healthstone, dps shaman healing rain, etc. But otherwise, pre-rejuv the party.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]