Ret was made awful for a specific purpose

60 Human Paladin
Paladin numbers were getting out of control, especially since it was so pvp noob friendly. Even though we all know blizz hates paladins, i refuse to believe anybody could be dumb enough to make them so absolutely horrible as to be completely useless. That's not good business practice, and we all know activision wouldn't allow blizz to gut the class for emotional reasons.
Reply Quote
Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No, but everyone who plays paladins pays for the game. They are putting forth money every month so blizzard will continue to provide a fun game for them. Blizzard is not delivering what people are paying for.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
it's really sad when a lvl 85 pally has a hard time taking down a lvl 84 nps mob, thats not an elite, and itheres 2 or you start getting swarmed, all you can do is die quick, and its even worse when you have to use cooldowns on simple average quests, just to survive.
i understand pallys were a bit op, but when you factor the gear, we were only a little op, now were nerfed to the ground, seriously, blizz, fix the class, im noy going to reroll , maybe ill just qiut, too much time invested in this toon to reroll.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/13/2010 2:29 PMPosted by Shutchurfase
Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

This, see the current state of meta gems. How that one seemed like a good idea at the meeting where they discussed it is beyond me.

And GC deciding that somehow having extra downtime in the rotation adds fun is another one. That is the basic cause of rets current woes. We have not gained complexity because the rotation is full of holes. Therefore other than their having made ret incredibly boring it is no less difficult than it was to play.

Ret at the moment is suffering more from a very badly thought out idea of "fun" than anything else. Now, whether it is malicious and aimed at boring rets to tears so they reroll, or simply a misguided idea of what fun is I do not know. I hope it is the latter but TBC rets remember Kalgan.

The problem is that if they wanted fewer rets they could give us the 3s CS back from SoB. That increases the skill cap and so will scare off some rets. But instead they went with breaking the spec instead.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2010 2:38 PMPosted by Lusis
it's really sad when a lvl 85 pally has a hard time taking down a lvl 84 nps mob, thats not an elite, and itheres 2 or you start getting swarmed, all you can do is die quick, and its even worse when you have to use cooldowns on simple average quests, just to survive.
i understand pallys were a bit op, but when you factor the gear, we were only a little op, now were nerfed to the ground, seriously, blizz, fix the class, im noy going to reroll , maybe ill just qiut, too much time invested in this toon to reroll.

Hmm Im not having any problems destroying mobs...and quickly. Sure I have to use word of glory after every fight but that usually gets me near full hp's. I have been holding my own in instances too.

But get rolled by alliance....a feral druid just kept rolling me....and I play pvp...cooldowns and all...not cool. If I was in my Prot spec he would have been toast...sad Ret but kinda fun
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
no, i do fully understand, but thats not a good reason to trash a class as bad as they did, i spent the 40 buck for this expansion and another 15 bucks a month to play, looks like the money was wasted.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Paladin
Ret Paladins are Terrible i dont know what you think but i would reroll to if it didnt take so dang long. If i could i would change the whole ret pally base back to were it was. But.. that will never happen. Ret pallys wernt OP LIKE CRAZY. If you were skilled and actually had decent gear compared to the class then you would do good. Its not all about that i remember ele shamans used to roflpwn me everytime even as holy.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
deleted
Edited by Ohkan on 8/1/2011 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The specific purpose was using us as guinea pigs to alpha test the new Gambler Hero Class.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
i agree with alot of this. i miss running around in vanilla wow and people looking at me like, wtf is he? whats a paladin? lol. but now. people look at me as if im another one of the hundreds of idiots that rolled a pally becouse they were OP for a little while. blizzard tried to make up for the years of UP. i mean cmon shaman got FROST SHOCK DC. with all this being said, i loved my pally because played right he could compete against several at a time if he got lucky. the problem is simple. the game has existed too long and too much has changed. everyone QQ'd and blizzard responded till we had nothing left.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm glad i'm not the only one that find ret just awful. The damage i deal is a joke, so much so than anymore than one mob on me usually is a struggle and taking down 70-80k in health takes ages unless i get proc lucky. Paladin was my favorite class for years and now Cata comes along and they nerfed us into the ground. Its not fun, the "holy power" system is nothing but clunky and as i said our damage is crap. Time to reroll or quit i guess.
Reply Quote
Ret paladin is looking a lot better than it was before. Ret had bad mechanics. It was really stupid and easy. That's why the entire spec was redesigned from the ground up - because it didn't work and was simply too easy to play.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
yeah this pally is my first 85 and i dont even feel like playing ret is so lame ive wasted alot of money on this game to just get slapped in the face by blizz LOL
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This, I believe. I also think that that is the reason why Worgens did not get paladin or another alliance race how it should had been.
Edited by Daimoku on 12/14/2010 4:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
84 Human Paladin
I cannot believe this thread is being taken seriously... Indeed maybe ret sucks or whatever, but the idea of internal sabotage as a deterrent to a talent spec is absolutely insane.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]