Blue response requested on Ret Mastery

85 Human Paladin
Pretty much everyone that has tested Mastery shows it to be a dps loss compared to almost every other secondary stat that comes on our gear. This is causing some current blue items to be better than epics when the epic has mastery and the blue has other secondary stats such as haste/hit/exp/crit. In some cases even lower item level blues still out-dps higher item level purples. Reforging is a band-aid that is helpful, but not a true fix.

Now I am fine if this is the way it will be. Learning to choose the right gear based on stats and not e-peen is enjoyable to me. What I will not enjoy is passing on mastery gear for a while to prefer other stats, grinding and spending JPs in the process, only to finally see a "fix" for mastery that would invalidate potentially costly decisions already made to avoid mastery on gear.

Can someone from Blizzard please let the Ret community know if there is a change coming to improve the value of mastery for Ret? And if so, is there a time-frame?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm too lazy to find it but there was a blue post that said basically that mastery was a new thing and for some classes (ret was specifically mentioned) mastery was not competitive.

They are aware at least. No timeline was mentioned.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
BUT mastery is there to give people choices and new ways of DPSING!

or ignoring completetly because haste still rocks it lol.

Gear the same as u did at 80. Just pretend mastery doesn't even exist.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2010 3:06 PMPosted by Ritalynn
BUT mastery is there to give people choices and new ways of DPSING!

or ignoring completetly because haste still rocks it lol.

Gear the same as u did at 80. Just pretend mastery doesn't even exist.

It does too exist! It exists to waste itemization and be reforged when you must.
Reply Quote
It took them this long to admit there was a problem, I don't see a fix coming any time soon. It would have to go to the ptr first, I'd imagine, so you'd have time to adjust once it's there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
AH HA HA BLUES IN THE PALLY FORUM AH HA HA GOOD ONE
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Just wondering a thing or two. Has any one spend the time and gold to reforge into mastery and get the percent as high as possible? What if our mastery could be the best stat behind strength?
If our mastery was high enough it would proc a instant TV 3hp. If that was high enough ~50% thats like having zeolotry all the time. Just an idea. Don't know if it will work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]