Healing Heroics - Gear?

85 Draenei Shaman
I play an 85 Palidan. I can heal normals just fine, and I can heal heroic pulls just fine.

Heroic boss fights however... I always get oomed 50-75% in the boss fight. I try to use Word of Glory as much as possible with three charges. Thats specced to have a chance to use no holy power so I can use it again. I tend to save cool downs for the boss fights and I do use them during it.

What kind of gear do I need to successfully heal heroics?

Avg Ilvl 331

4207 Stamina
3200 Intellect
1984 Spirit

Normal dungeons don't really drop any upgrades any more, just rep. So I want to move up to heroics. I don't DPS because I don't know how to roll a ret pally and I don't have any tank gear. I like to heal and thats all I want to do, but I OOM every heroic boss fight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Judge when ever off cooldown.
333 gear should be fine.
Remember if the tank isnt using their CDs correctly u will go Oom or the damage will be more than u can heal.

Try to find some spirit or mp5 trinkets, i pickd up "Corrupted egg shell" Gives mana back and shields the target. I use it on CD more for the mana than the absorb.

Mana Pots and bandages help with lower gear lvls. there is always a time you can throw a bandage at a range.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]