Healing is awesome. Anyone agree?

@Zues Yes i did post this because because there were a a bunch of QQs. I wanted to see if i was the only one who was genuinely enjoying the new system. And sorry healing is awesome, im actually serious OMG.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
as a disc priest im still running normals, and probably will be for at least a week or two. at first i was hit hard with the changes to my healing style, i HATED it. it "seemed" to be fail. but with a few more runs and some reading, i have come to the conclusion, that disc healing has never been more fun. knowledge is key here ppl.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
/signed
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I am a fine, but during the first few weeks I have been @##!#ed at for having spirit on my gear. Which is essential. I run out of mana usually around the 25% mark at every boss, but, that's why I have mana-tide totem.
Reply Quote
I love healing =D
Non-idiots that is.
As long as you're not an idiot, I love healing ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I love healing its great in cata, actually takes awareness and skill, not syked about the whole mana pool/cost of other spells that arent LB and nourish >.> but still loveing it
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Put me firmly in the healing is awesome corner. I was falling asleep healing before. Now I feel compelled to look at my mana constantly. It feels great to finish a fight with plenty of mana left. Each pull makes me think of how I could have done things more efficiently.

I don't know about you but I'm not blamed for wipes. The people who stood in the fire always take the blame and understand. Other people are helping with dispels to save my mana. Offheals from people.. everything.. I love all members of the party doing everything they can.

How anyone would want to go back to AoE tanking and AoE damage snoozefest is beyond me.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I was on the QQ bandwagon the first day of heroics. It took healing BH and the trash in BWD to realize that I needed to change because the other healer (a pally) was WAY more mana efficient and had tons of HPS over me.

Since then, healing is a blast. Once you realize that all 5 people need to be involved in avoidance and/or damage reduction and can vocalize that, healing feels like something you've accomplished.

I healed a heroic GB last night with all guildies (that helps, too, btw). On the last boss, near the END of the fight, i had to drop a mana tide for the caster dps, not me. I was at 90% mana and everyone was at 80% or above hp. That's not tooting my own horn. That's a nod to all 5 of us doing things right.

good to be heals right now.
Edited by Nastiest on 12/14/2010 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I love healing the way it is in Cata.
Reply Quote
Guild runs with CC and skilled player is a breeze.

LFG can be painful sometimes. No CC much, standing in the fire, healer will just heal..you know wotlk mentality can be a serious pain.

Let them enjoy their 45 min queues, they will learn or quest...
Reply Quote
25 Troll Shaman
I love it. Feels like a war on these forums. 1 side screaming nerf. The other is forced to voice their opinion because there afraid the casuals will be catered to again.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
how about NO
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
Loving it!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Have you even stepped foot in a raid yet?
Reply Quote
The raids are great--they're actually a challenge again. We had to try a couple strats before we got Halfus down (2healing, me and a priest). Omnitron seemed doable, but we decided to wait for a third healer after a while. Magmaw seems more like the gear check, unless we're not understanding some of the mechanics. The twin dragons after Halfus also seemed doable, we just have to get the movement down.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Wrath made healing way too easy that any moron who wanted a raid spot or a quick dungeon queue could do it.

There was a time when to be a healer and if people knew you were good, you would get sought out to heal heroics, guild invites whatever and Wrath killed that with healers being a dime a dozen and that many could achieve success because it was faceroll. It will be nice to be able to stand out in the crowd again for skill.

I have yet to be blamed for any wipe in the heroics I've done, people have actually put the blame on the right aspect: not following the mechanics of the fight, dps standing in stupid crap, not killing the boss fast enough, etc.

So as someone that has been a healer since BC launch, very happy with the healing model right now and I hope it doesn't get nerfed to all hell because people who just aren't made to be healers are pissing and moaning about it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
"To put it simply, I don't think I've ever been more addicted to WoW."

Im with you, I just cant get over how awesome healing is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]