Tanking, but no real threat.

86 Blood Elf Paladin
So, iv noticed that in raids at 85 it's almost impossible to keep a leveled threat amount with other tanks (Warriors, druids, DKs). What bothers me the most is that my Seal of Truth only ticks for 400.. what does that even do against mobs with 21 million hit points and with people doing 13k+ dps. Concecrate is almost usless now and the only real thing that keeps my threat up is a Shield of Righteous crit. Give or take Hammer of the Righteous is mandatory for any threat. Why can't they increase the damage from Seal of Truth stacks, or why don't they reduce concecrate's cd? I feel as if we are pretty broken at the moment and could use a little more damage output for threat. We aren't even that great for aoe tanking anymore. DK's are outrageous right now.. they heal themselves equal to that of the actual healer and do massive amounts of damage.. druids have so many bleeds etc etc.. not a QQ post, i'm just a bit disappointed with my class performance. Any thoughts or tips that might help me or point something out?
Edited by Ugorah on 12/13/2010 11:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well, if I'm reading your armory profile right, you're not remotely hit or expertise soft capped. That's going to be a monster chunk out of your generated threat. Fix that, and you'll likely fix your threat gen.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Concecrate is almost usless now

Take this thought one step further and drop hallowed ground from your build.

and the only real thing that keeps my threat up is a Shield of Righteous crit.

In a perfect world, your ShoR will crit more than half the time. This usually happens.

Give or take Hammer of the Righteous is mandatory for any threat.

Crusader strike = better single target threat. I'm starting to think you don't understand the class.

We aren't even that great for aoe tanking anymore.

I knew it, you're concerned with aoe tanking. Get over it. Not only is aoe tanking mostly dead, you're going to have to try harder to make it work.

DK's are outrageous right now.. they heal themselves equal to that of the actual healer and do massive amounts of damage..

You have heals too... and I suggest that for the sake of your healers you learn to be able to use them when the time calls for it.

i'm just a bit disappointed with my class performance.

Your class is fine.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Take this thought one step further and drop hallowed ground from your build.

Definitely this.

Take those points out of Hallowed Ground and put them in Guided by the Light. Take the points out of Seals of the Pure and put them in Eternal Glory.

I know you're on a PvP server, but for the purposes of tanking E4E is pretty subpar. Those talents are better-spent pretty much anywhere. Personally, I'd take those points, put one into Imp. Judgment and one into PoJ. And for the love of god, get rid of the Consecration glyph; that thing is garbage now.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
2/31/8 threat spec DG point into Imp judge EfE points into JoP reforge hit /exp soft caps = threat issue null
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Other than dps not knowing how to use the 'f' key to figure out what I'm actually targeting I haven't had any threat issues. Doesn't sound like you're playing properly at this point.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I think the peorson who point out he has 3% hit was on to something as well.. change your reforging from mastery to hit and expertise
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
How you could have threat problems is mind boggling. Remmeber when your aoe tanking to use your HP for inquisition.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]