Why do lock pets hate CC?

20 Undead Rogue
The current behavior of lock pets on Defensive is very annoying.

After casting Fear/Banish on atarget, it treats it as any other attack and begins attacking the target, risking breaking the Fear you just cast. And if you catch your pet in time and send him to a different target, as soon as that target dies he'll run back to the CC'd target for a second try.

The only solution atm in heroics while Fearing is to leave ones pet on passive and manually attack each mob, which further complicates our rotations and, well, sucks.

Could our pets go to demon school and learn that Fear/Banish targets should be ignored in Defensive please?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
When I cast wyvern sting my defensive pet does the same thing. Had to set to passive if I am dual CCing for the group
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
It's an issue with blood death knight's blood parasites as well. Probably for the ghoul too, but haven't spec'd into that tree this expansion yet.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
TAO
I have to leave my pet on passive and macro attack into every dps button I have (about 25 of them). Blizz didn't deem it worthwhile to make pet AI ignore a cc'd target even though they clearnly have the coding to make dmg spells bypass cc'd targets taht would be broken by damage.

Reply Quote
It's pets in general, I THINK Blizzard messed with the AI to attempt to IMPROVE on it, but ya, you have to keep your pet on passive. I just macroed /petattack into haunt/corruption/bane of agony and that works fine.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I've never had a problem with my pet attacking a cc'd target... I guess because I always keep my pet in check and tell it what to attack and what not to attack...

try doing that while playing a demo lock, though, we have a lot more going on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I leave my pet on passive at all times and have a macro for immolate (my opener)

/petattack
/cast Immolate
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
try doing that while playing a demo lock, though, we have a lot more going on.

Of course, no LOCK thread is complete without a DRUID stopping by to remind us how much they hate locks.

fixed

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Water Elemental is doing it too :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Idk why there are so many ppl crying about this, is it really that hard to set your pet to passive and control it like we're supposed to do?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
i agree with this thread; broken mechanic, fix it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
working as intended. learn how to control your pet.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
It's not just lock pets. My elemental seems to prefer polyed targets too. I had to resort to a pet attack macro that leaves him on passive when he's finished with his current target.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage

Of course, no thread is complete without a lock stopping by to remind us how much "skill" their class requires.

Right now it actually does.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
ITT: People who still have their pets on Defensive in instances.

Step 1: Put pet on passive.
Step 2: Make macros for your pet to attack or run back to you. Bind them to your main nukes if you're lazy.
Step 3: Enjoy having total control of your pet and not feeling like a retard when your Imp puts a dot on the Hunter's trap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]