Why do lock pets hate CC?

18 Undead Warlock
umm.....why are locks attacking with pets anywayws? Our pets are like buffs to us. They are not DPS.....So defensive while questing I understand....raids? wow.....u must be delusional about pet dmg for locks to use them at all.....unless manually of course :)
Reply Quote
18 Undead Warlock
12/14/2010 9:29 AMPosted by Tayar
I don't mind putting my pet on passive, but why does my felgaurd feel a need to randomly charge my feared target when auto charge is on? it never actually breaks the fear, but it frightens me.

are u for real? "Auto" charge !!!! get it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'd be fine with leaving my felguard on passive if he didn't autocast intercept on cc targets! It's not like there's even a benefit to it randomly charging around anyway any more, why can't autocast just mean "use it to close the distance on whatever you're already going to attack"?
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock
12/15/2010 2:33 AMPosted by Chanakya
umm.....why are locks attacking with pets anywayws? Our pets are like buffs to us. They are not DPS.....So defensive while questing I understand....raids? wow.....u must be delusional about pet dmg for locks to use them at all.....unless manually of course :)

This post makes my head hurt.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
It doesn't really seem to be an issue with pets attacking CC'd targets. It's an issue with the fact that Fear isn't classified as a 'CC effect' as far as pet AI is concerned. I don't have issues with my pet attacking targets hit by any of the other major fragile CC's, but Fear...it's like an Imp magnet.

Edit:

Um...you're doing it wrong....
Edited by Daelyn on 12/15/2010 3:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Honestly, just use passive and manage your own pet. It's not a broken mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Ummm...I don't even know why I'm responding to this but....you have no idea what you're talking about. At all. All lock specs need their pets doing damage. For the pets' own damage output as well as proccing other abilities and buffs for the caster. If you're going to be completely wrong about something, do it without the smugness please.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I think the issue isn't locks/hunters are just unable to control their pets. I think that pets in general just don't recognize glyphed-fear as an actually CC. I've seen DK blood worms and risen ghouls (not the controllable Unholy ghoul) gladly run over and punch that cowering target in the face yet ignore the sheep or trap.
Edited by Dythok on 12/15/2010 3:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

not sure if serious
Reply Quote
20 Undead Rogue
[quote="null"]15361861550[/quote]

I'll need to test this later, but I'm pretty sure my Defensive imp started pew pewing a target I'd just banished as well.
Edited by Lovey on 12/15/2010 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
This is only in dungeons, when I sheep something while I'm questing my elemental starts casting then stops and stares at the sheep like it wants to eat it.
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock

We are using passive now.

But it is a broken mechanic. Pets are not supposed to attack CC'd targets period. It's been this way for four years. Now they do, and without any word from Blizzard. In fact, they sometimes even act as if they were set on defensive or aggressive, even though they're on passive.

And if you have pets that don't have a pet bar, like blood worms? You're @!!!ed.

It's a bug.
Edited by Samfisher on 12/15/2010 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
I wish I could flag a whole thread for trolling.

Sure its an easy fix, is it annoying? Yup. Is there any excuse to leave it like this? Nope.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
im trying to figure out why people didnt have pet passive and pet attack bound until now. people have been using these for a while.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
12/15/2010 3:23 PMPosted by Plurals
im trying to figure out why people didnt have pet passive and pet attack bound until now. people have been using these for a while.

I agree with your reasoning, keybinds are great (not so great when you have a zillion of em, might be YOUR preference though) but using them as an argument as to why this bug shouldnt be fixed is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
If pets are currently attacking CCed targets instead of ignoring CCed targets (pretty they didn't hit CCed targets before), then a mechanic has been changed.

Has nothing do with managing your pet if you pet is now displaying different behavior.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/15/2010 3:34 AMPosted by Iocane

Are you for real so you cannot recognize a bug... ? pet were set by Blizzard to NOT attack CC mobs... I don't care that you are so uber you know how to go around it... it's a bug. period.

Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/14/2010 7:37 AMPosted by Täriel
Idk why there are so many ppl crying about this, is it really that hard to set your pet to passive and control it like we're supposed to do?

It's annoying is what it is, when defensive works wonders except in this one area.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Your a @%*@ing idiot, please exit stage right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]