@ at below avg pvpers QQ at mages

(Locked)

100 Dwarf Hunter
Ladies and gents, please do not feed the trolls.
85 Blood Elf Mage
this thread is super sexy and becoming my new hobby

10/10 for sexual reprise imo

i would like to thank all my sexy sons for participating

see you in arena :O)

yea son
85 Worgen Hunter
Mages haven't been hard to play for a long time. They changed mages so much that everyone else isn't good enough compared to them.

P.S. 2200 doesn't make you good sorry kid
85 Night Elf Warrior
I can't take this seriously just from the way you type and talk.
Druids and priests were in their for healing reasons. Both these classes have been the best PvP healers up until this expansion.
Warriors were most represented due to their MS effect. Any true team would not be caught dead without this effect (Hence why it was given to other classes)
Paladins, rogues and death knights (Im not sure why you didn't mention them) have all had their super over powered moments.

I'm not saying mages are easy. However melee is harder than range (well known and agreed) and mages have more snares than any other class. That, in combination with making frost PvE viable has mad the class over powered.

You can argue as much as you want. But there is no escaping the over powered call.
85 Dwarf Shaman
Hey Blizzard, rock here! Could you please nerf paper? Oh, and scissors is fine the way it is.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mages have also never sucked either, but that doesn't justify the stupid amounts of overpowered goodness they display now.
90 Night Elf Druid
@OP

I know you are trying to justify your class, but you simply can not. It's sad that you create a post, explaining why your class takes skill, when clearly it does not. I play a feral druid, I know my class is strong right now. I know my bleeds are overpowered, and I can accept that eventually a nerf will come to them. Let me enlighten you on your class...

1. Right now mages have the highest burst out of any caster in the game
2. Mages now have the much needed bloodlust...
3. Mages have the most cc out of any class in the game (constant slows, DF, ROF, Sheep, CS)
4. Mages have the most survivability of any class (Blink, Iceblock, Ice barrier, evocation as a heal)

Now it is clear to anyone who enjoys high rated arena, that this is not correct. Why should one class have the most damage, survivability, and team utility, all in one specc?

90 Night Elf Druid
@OP continued

Ferals have high bleed damage. Nerf their master % by 60%. Problem solved.

ROF, Time warp were not needed by mages in any regard.

If you actually did pvp on another class, or didnt get your rating in 5's you would know what every is actually talking about.

Ferals are OP, but we can not control as much as a mage, nor do we have more survivability than a mage. Thats what makes a mage the most OP class in the game right now. You wanna talk about mage balance, mage was most balanced in TBC. Thats when a mage took skill, not right now. And you say mages had bad rep 2k+ blah blah blah. Every pro team ran rmp, so... solid argument about a class you dont understand clearly.
85 Goblin Mage
---> OP = http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rNtF7HnCzrY/TBzzHUSoSGI/AAAAAAAAACo/qiAyqN9AhCY/s1600/What+Trolls+Want+You+To+Think.png
85 Goblin Warlock
2200 is not very good, especialy in 5's. Youre awful, I dont know why you are talking down to people.
Edited by Jinrop on 12/15/2010 7:59 AM PST
92 Undead Warlock
12/14/2010 5:42 AMPosted by Shivers
Mages have NEVER BEEN OP DURING AN ARENA SEASON EVER.

Its not like Frost Mages were the corner stone of PMR... One of the most dominating comp's of season 8.

I understand you're mad about something... but standing there making loud, guttural noises is an insult to both yourself and the rest of the world.

Use your words like a big girl.
85 Human Warlock
This post is now about your favorite hamburger! Red Robin has an awesome Burning Love burger!
85 Undead Mage
hi OP

I got higher in 3s than you have in both S7 with ret/mage/priest and in S8 with mage/bad moonkin/cellphone internet holy paladin. does that qualify me enough to tell you you're wrong?

(yes, we can see your highest ratings from WotLK - armory has statistics!)

mages were fine in WotLK (meh damage without procs, damage as good as any other caster with procs, but amazing utility/control+survivability). mages are blatantly overpowered now, and for a lot of mages they aren't even fun anymore.

edit: also,

season 8

rogue

/lol
(rogues were so bad season 8)
Edited by Glexarn on 12/15/2010 9:16 AM PST
85 Troll Shaman
Posted by Shivers
Mages have NEVER BEEN OP DURING AN ARENA SEASON EVER.

Season 5: The pinnacle of mage skill
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=99343
85 Goblin Priest
Mages do require skill. What GOOD player that aspires to go far doesn't need a high degree of skill. Im decent, but im no 2700 player. Every class can go far if played correctly. Its 15% class, 25% composition, and 60% skill and ability management.

By personal opinion, I think ice lance needs a nerf. Thats my only complaint towards mages. This nerf doesnt mean decreasing its damage. I think making it cost enough mana to make it unspammable would suffice.

Cheers,
Crapp
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Gungho
Wasn't there a video of a guy playing a frost mage using a Steering Wheel and Pedals as his controller?

Think he's a 2200+ too. lulz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyual8MNtc <--- Hilarious
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hahaha

troll
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]