Prot Leveling.

80 Blood Elf Warrior
I'm just asking for a "yes its not that painful" or a "only if you're unemployed" verdict.

I'm one of those players that likes to be the class no one else in the guild is playing and right now thats Paladin. i'm also one of those players that can't play what he hates (didn't play a rogue till LK because of the ganking in Vanilla) and having played on Horde until recently, I hated paladins and especially Ret since BC was flooded with them.

I'm getting over my own hangups, but I'd still prefer to level Prot, which seems to come with more dignity (in my mind) than Ret does.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
So far I have leveled a Pally from 1 - 72 all prot. It has been really fast as far as I can tell, especially compared to my War. 90% of this has also been solo, being able to pull large groups and end the fight with full mana and health has kept me moving right along.

Plus, people generally don't like to gank prot pally's, at a minimum it's going to be a long fight.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Leveling as prot has been the easiest class for me ever in 6 years of playing. This class is completely ridiculous in pve and pvp. Pull 5-10 mobs at a time and come out with 80-100% hp with 100% mana left.

Barely ever lost any 1v1s in pvp. #*!* ive won most 2v1's and 3v1's.
Edited by Prexxus on 12/14/2010 9:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
75 Human Paladin
Let me put it this way...

I soloed an elite 3 levels higher than me that was a group quest recommended for 5 people while using no bubble/lay on hands nor having have to use any pots.
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
You will also have nearly-instantaneous LFD queues ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Was very, very painless for me to level Prot all the way, not to mention hands-down the fastest toon I've ever leveled, with seemingly less effort on my part. And that's *without* taking advantage of fast queues; this guy only did two runs (RFC and Underbog) pre-80.

Yeah, it took me forever to kill a mob one-on-one... but when I realized it took the same amount of time to kill six mobs at once and my health/mana didn't suffer at all for it, I leveled like mad. MAD, I tell you!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
yeah valor has it right: kill 5 mobs at once and you'll do ok :p

plus it's kinda exciting :) which is not something I usually say about leveling.
Reply Quote
It's been a lot of fun leveling prot. You don't really have to worry about anything. Not to mention the instant que for any dungeon I que up for. Definitely glad I switched from ret to prot for leveling.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been lvling as prot from 1-84 and its insane How easy and fast it is..Also as stated the insta Que thing is a added bonus along with no down time..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Leveling prot is better than ret.

I can guarantee that 1-60 you will definitely single target things down faster than ret, be able to pull extremely large groups and kill them without breaking a sweat, get really fast queues for dungeons, and be really cool.

I noticed once I got around 70-85 ret did start killing single mobs faster, but prot definitely can pull 3 mobs and kill them all faster than a ret pally would and not have worry about dying ever.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Levelled 1 - 84 as prot and never had any issues. Quite enjoy it actually. Specced ret for about 2 hours and hated every second of it. Prot makes things sooo much easier imo. that's my opinion.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Paladin
I'm 54, but I've only done 50-54 as Prot, and 1-50 as Ret.

Prot isn't particularly fast, but it's incredibly efficient. I've never had to rest, and not a single Alliance has even attempted to gank me. Also, I can take on groups of mobs very effectively.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
BUR
I leveled as prot and was one of the first 20 85s on the server.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't know how leveling as Protection is after the Cataclysm changes, but before that I leveled from level 10 up exclusively as Protection and absolutely loved it. The Plaugelands were fantastic, so was the shimmering flatts.

Grabbing eight to twelve mobs and burning them all down at once? So much fun. I would see how far I could push myself, see how much I could pull.

I haven't even played on my Paladin since then, though.
Reply Quote
73 Human Paladin
Dude its great leveling as a prot paladin. Ive started fresh with no bonus exp or heirrlooms and been playing for around a week with school work and gf aggro. All I got to really say is its great man and you wont regret it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
New player -Prot all the way. It's very forgiving to me when I mess something up. Or get too aggressive and try to solo the underbog. Hmm... that reminds me, I think I can do it solo now.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Went 1-85 as Prot and found it very enjoyable. The perks of being able to pick dungeons whenever, and solo literally every elite quest was awesome. Just be sure when you're on killing quests grab a couple of the mobs, makes it go quicker. It never made me want to pull my hair out or anything.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Paladin
So far I have leveled a Pally from 1 - 72 all prot. It has been really fast as far as I can tell, especially compared to my War. 90% of this has also been solo, being able to pull large groups and end the fight with full mana and health has kept me moving right along.

Plus, people generally don't like to gank prot pally's, at a minimum it's going to be a long fight.

^^
this
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
so far my pally has been leveled 1-80 as prot, leveled him faster than when i tried to level as ret, will stick with prot leveling once i go from 80-85. when i started to level my pally people told me to go ret and that ret was faster, so naturally I leveled the way people told me not to level in. prot is the way to level if you want to level fast. in my opinion you should level with what you plan on doing in the end game content, it will help you understand your class and spec more (personal experiences)
i did the same thing with my mage (fire not frost) and lock (destro not demon/aff)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]