Tip for healers getting kicked

85 Troll Shaman
It sucks we have to watch for mechanics for other players, but I have found a way that gets me kicked less if a dps is being an idiot. I will warn the dps while healing them through the bad the first time, if it happens again I will usually let them die while continuing to heal the rest of the group. I make sure to say something in party about them standing in the bad right after they die, as this will get most of the party to check their party screens and that players death location. I hate even having to place blame, but if I'm the one who's gonna get blamed by default, then I have no problem calling out other players. Just a tip for any healer who is getting kicked for dps dying or going oom.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I place a Lightwell on the ground and blame those that die for not using the Lightwell! It's a perfect plan!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
"I place a Lightwell on the ground and blame those that die for not using the Lightwell! It's a perfect plan!"

You are sadistic!

I like it.

+1
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I've made a habit of taking charge from the get go in pugs. I explain right from the start that mana regen on boss fights is an issue; its the current game design. I will tell them what to watch out for and if we wipe I try to explain why. So far Ive had good luck with this tactic, its typically better to be proactive in my experience.
Reply Quote
I do all of that and I still get kicked for "sucking". When DPS all picks differnt targets and then goes balls out, it's the healers fault. If you let a DPS die you get kicked plain and simple.

I wish Blizzard would do a better job communicating that, rather then destroying the game for one of the roles.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
You can't win them all, and if you were telling people about the bad and they still kicked you, it's probably for the best. No need to spend hundreds of gold on repair bills because your DPS is clueless.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I place a lightwell on the ground and it gets completely lost in the shadow gale or the bright aoe in HoO, hell even I can't see it to click it and I know it's right beside me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
People seem to want to stand in stuff that hurts them.

But they ain't gonna stand in my Healing Rain.

QQ.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
As healers, you should ALWAYS call out someone taxing your mana and taking away focus from real damage.

DPS, stop standing in that.
Tank, you really need to CC more than that because you don't have the gear to take that much damage and be effectively healed.
etc
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Yeah, lightwell is great IF ppl use it. The problem is, as you say, that alot of times its incredibly difficult to see/click.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I've found that the best way to not get kicked is to run with at least 2 friends. This also helps cut down on the noob factor.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
OMG Peachie, there's some truth!!!

WHAT? You'll stand in the horrible fiery death that kills you or the giant shard falling that one shots you but you wont stand in my GIANT circle of radiating light healing that will actually help....LOL.

You've just prompted me to add a Sanctuary to my pre-pug heroic brief.

Tank, mark CC, DPS maintain your CC.
If you don't know what something is, don't stand in it.
This is lightwell, it is your new lover, touch it often.
This giant circle is sancutary and heals you, you know what it is now, omfg stand in it.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Some fights are just super easy to use lightwell on like the first 2 bosses in Heroic VP. When everyone collapses into the center for cyclone armor, they cna actually click it from inside...and when everyone is moving around tornadoes, its easy to click the lightwell thats just off center from where the tank is rotating in the center.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Yes healing is way harder then it was but it can be done just have to hope players can get out of bad stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
DPS has yet to learn that things are different from Wrath. DPS doesn't know that you HAVE to focus target, and you just CAN'T faceroll all the dungeons anymore. When I'm tanking, if a DPS pulls off me because he won't focus target, or won't try to reduce his threat in anyway, I let him have the mob, and I let him die. They'll learn eventually.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I have found that when healing even normal dps and tanks think they can just run threw like in LK. I have had to point out this and tell them they normaly dont like it and i tell them to get a new healer and have the same problem im not going to wipe 30 times because they want to be stuped and Tanks are worse they like to blame every one but there low gear and not having the ablity to tank like they use to!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
First heroic I did we didn't cc at all. Somehow I was able to keep it up until the second boss of Grim Batol. Somehow it became my fault when a DK decided to call me out. Which was quite funny because he stated the obvious "healer can't heal and is just standing there healing and losing mana". Somehow that is my fault that they are taking too much damage and I can't keep it up with amount of healing I do and my mana pool? I figure that If I the healer can avoid damage by obvious crap, then dps should be able to no problem? but it seems that casuals only think that every fight is a tank and spank, and that things are supposed to work out perfectly. Also they never once think about how much dmg the tank is taking per mob pull and boss. Just based on gear and class it can be very difficult for healers and tanks. I'm sick of wrath babies. Cata is a whole new game and it's very difficult since our classes have been changed drastically and the difficulty level and mechanics are on a whole new level. You wipe, you learn from it and suggest different mechanics of getting around problems, instead of the basic scrub blame game where everyone else seems to be at fault instead of them and then rage leave.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]