Weapon SPEED

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So historically I know we want hard hitting slow 2h weaps for Ret...

but has anyone tried fast hitting weapons just for more PROCS....only fun thing about a ret pally these days anyway.

And Blizz wont fix Ret's busted up system because they are too stubborn..so not sure the QQ helps..unless your the mage class
Edited by Drexel on 12/13/2010 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
GC has said ret mastery needs work.

clearly stubbornness is the issue
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
it's not stubbornness, it's the fact that the mechanic itself is fun. it just doesn't work for a mastery, and should perhaps be made into a talent or something.

the problem is probably that they are having a hard time giving ret a passive mastery that makes any sense. given that the holy mastery didn't end up working, it's hard to passively buff some portion of ret's damage and have it work well. making it physical is just strange, holy is too small of a portion of our damage now and would skew the value of abilities, and buffing all damage would be far too strong.

so, it's a bit of a pickle, really!

maybe they could make it increase the chance for divine purpose to proc holy power or something - but that would make zealotry even worse than it is now!

designing a game is pretty hard. >.>
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm pretty sure the issue is the incontinence of the developers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, folks at EJ tested the weapon speed issue, just like they test everything else. We still prefer a slow weapon, but the difference isn't nearly as extreme as it used to be.
Reply Quote
How about something like what demo locks have? Their mastery increases their damage while in demon form (meta), and the damage of any summoned demons. The ret mastery could increase the damage of our GoAK and, say, the potency of wings (AW).

That sounds pretty cool
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What if judgement or Exorcism can proc Hand of light?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
How about something like what demo locks have? Their mastery increases their damage while in demon form (meta), and the damage of any summoned demons. The ret mastery could increase the damage of our GoAK and, say, the potency of wings (AW).

I don't think that would work. AoW only has ~16.7% uptime when used on cooldown. To make Mastery a desirable stat for PvE the bonus damage from Avenging Wrath would have to increase by a lot per point of Mastery rating. I don't think we need the kind of attention we would get from having people complain about us one-shotting them with HoW crits and +50% Avenging Wraths.

GoAK has a long cooldown, so I doubt we'd get much benefit out of that being increased by Mastery.

What I would like do see is mastery increasing damage from our seals and/or making TV do a percentage of it's damage as holy damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]