Goodbye resto

85 Dwarf Shaman
Let me get one thing straight. I can rip heals, I can top the charts, and I can finish these heroics but I am done with this for a couple reasons.
1. The content isn't good, it isn't harder, it is perhaps a little more creative. All they did was kill healers as an attempt to make the game not look like the same old crap.
2. All the other classes are having fun using great new class roles and I'm sick of being frustrated by my crappy spells.
3. Blizzard's idea that making healers terrible makes it more fun for us is a lot like someone yanked out our teeth and gave us an apple. Then they looked at us smiling and asked if chewing that same old apple was more fun because I have no teeth.
4. Healing used to be fun, speaking as someone who has healed in all the expansions, I preferred it when mana wasn't the issue but rather overwhelming group damage. I miss the days when I could plug in techno and just do work, now I just sit there casting lightning bolt to recover some mana to use one of my mana-overpriced, healing-underpowered spells.

Now to any and all elitists who want to post in here just know that I am most likely as good as you, I am just so enraged by my role having to lose everything to make the game seem harder I could die. So spare me your crap about "triage" healing I promised myself if they didn't patch this crap within a week I would refill and that's what I'm doing.

I just wanted to know if any other healers are annoyed they couldn't just buff content instead of nerfing players
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Reroll*
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
What is hard (for me at least) is the fact that we can no longer heal "stupid". If a dps is doing something wrong, we get put into a no win situation: We can either heal the dps, risking running oom before the fight is over, or we can let the dps die, either way, we're getting called "fail heals" and kicked.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Nothing is broken: Learn the fight, make others learn it, communicate, then win. If you cant do that then maybe you shouldn't be healing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
What's really irksome is that we weren't given a choice about what spells we choose to use. It's either our mediocre "efficient" heal spam or we go OOM. What's the point of being a HoT based healer if we're punished for using them?

Blizz made a craptacular mid range heal, but no one used it. That should've been an idication to them right there what their player base thought. But instead they've built an entire expansion around that one stupid heal.

We needed cc and strategy in BC, same as we do in Cata, but you know what? We also got to use our entire healkit. Not just one stupid spell, over and over and over.

They took our tree form, then rooted us to the ground, what kind of sense does that make???
Edited by Magicudders on 12/14/2010 8:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Well I havent healed anything yet but myself. The way I see it from reading the posts is LFG will be hit hard. Most healers wont que up that means you wont be kicked because DPS will be waiting a long time. Which in turn will make them QQ to blizzard that they are waiting too long, Which means that we will be seeing a few changes down the road. So I figgure I ll just lvl something else up. Use up my rest state on Zed here and see how it shakes out in a few weeks. Plus I forgot how much fun shadow could be :-))
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Ok listen I just adressed how clearing the content is no big deal. It's not that hard and I have done some of the harder heroics. It just sucks. Healers are taking the shaft while bliss is claiming to make cataclysm more "challening" they let the same Dps spam away at their buttons and tanks as well. I don't think healers should be the one's getting screwed if Dps and tanks don't have to change at all. It's irrelevant now I'm going Dps
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
"We needed cc and strategy in BC, same as we do in Cata, but you know what? We also got to use our entire healkit. Not just one stupid spell, over and over and over."

You really need to use your full toolkit given the situation, if you use just 2 buttons then you will struggle.

" if Dps and tanks don't have to change at all. It's irrelevant now I'm going Dps"

Im sorry thats wrong. DPS and tanks have to use all their spells now to interrupt, CC, move etc. They also need to make sure they are situationally aware of whats going on so they dont take dmg and therefore make it harder for healers to go the distance.
Edited by Verrez on 12/14/2010 8:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
What's really irksome is that we weren't given a choice about what spells we choose to use. It's either our mediocre "efficient" heal spam or we go OOM. What's the point of being a HoT based healer if we're punished for using them?

Blizz made a craptacular mid range heal, but no one used it. That should've been an idication to them right there what their player base thought. But instead they've built an entire expansion around that one stupid heal.

We needed cc and strategy in BC, same as we do in Cata, but you know what? We also got to use our entire healkit. Not just one stupid spell, over and over and over.

They took our tree form, then rooted us to the ground, what kind of sense does that make???

I use all of my heals, almost every fight. I dont go oom. Please explain.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Was basically typing the same. Depending on whats going on in the fight I've used every heal. Do I use all of them frequently? No of course not; but they each have their place.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Totelements its different for shamans. Please learn to read class names.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I think what should have been done, instead of gimping healing to make it more "fun" was to penalize the DPS, or anyone else who failed to move out of the fire, or missed an interrupt and got hit by lava breath or whatever. Give them a debuff that temporarily, but drastically reduced, their DPS, threat, or healing. This way, everyone would learn how to become a better player because of their own mistakes made.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
@ bigchuck i had the same thought you know, all they did was nerf the healing make heals crap and cost a lot and maybe a cc or two, but imo its not to bad kind of a ***%ty part on blizz for not thinking of something better but just to make us healers frustrated. but thats the way it works and we should deal with it...i guess.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I will deal with it by going to my other characters.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Totelements its different for shamans. Please learn to read class names.

Every heal has its place.
However, I do sympathize a lot for druids. Their heals have been prioritized completely different than what they are used to. Got to adapt or reroll

BUT that really sucks for people who liked the HoT healers.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Amen to the original poster probably going DPS soon, i can heal but its just frustrating and i dont play a game to be frustrated.
its not that the heroics are hard its the fact they took or tools away to be able to heal them effectively. An im not talking about mana.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
(@ bigchuck i had the same thought you know, all they did was nerf the healing make heals crap and cost a lot and maybe a cc or two, but imo its not to bad kind of a ***%ty part on blizz for not thinking of something better but just to make us healers frustrated. but thats the way it works and we should deal with it...i guess.)

Or stop playing a healer which is what im doing im going boomy even though im sort of screwing my guild cause we only have 4 healers.
Sorry to all those dps with long queues i'll be joining you soon :( sad druid is sad
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Healers arn't terrible bro, playing is a team effort now. People need to know they're roles and preform them. If that happens its harmonious, fun, and easy.
Edited by Benihaha on 12/14/2010 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

Explaination: The moo-cow is doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Let's start off with the facts.

Bigchuck, you are missing quiet a few pieces of gear. You still have low level items, so jumping the gun and expecting everything to go smoothly is foolish.

Another big thing I'm noticing, your complaining about loosing mana to quickly, but your removing your spirit, which gives you mana back, and turning it into Haste, which is taking your mana away faster. I urge you to look into some of the threads on the shaman forums, Spirit>Haste right now.

I'm also curious as to your heal priority

I have no problems with my mana when I heal, and find it quiet enjoyable, even more so when you obtain better gear and get a better understanding of the fresh class' mechanics.
Edited by Dukkon on 12/14/2010 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]