<The Way of the Fist> is Recruiting

90 Tauren Druid
What we are:

- Guild Rank 3 (5% exp bonus, 10% mounted movement bonus)

- Your repair bill is our repair bill. Guild funds have always been available for guild repairs and will remain as such. Wipe and you only have to run back, we'll foot the repair bill. More than 10,000g will remain in gbank at all times for repairs. We don't have a limit on how much we pay daily for your repairs and we don't want one.

- Activity. There is always at least a dozen online. Guild chat remains active and friendly. Questions about the game usually get answered quickly, without Trade Channel snide remarks (which I do enjoy making on occasion, just not in /g ). Plenty of variance in levels (dozen or so 85s, two dozen 81-84s, slew of lower levels). As of this posting there are 93 in guild.

What we are not:

- The top/leetest/most powerful/etc guild on TFC. Other guilds will down things well before us undoubtedly. Other guilds will also have better arena teams, rated BG teams, etc.

Even if you are the greatest PvE/PvP player in the world, <The Way of the Fist> remains a good place for you. Why you ask (possibly with some explicitives filtered out)? We will make the trip to 85 cheaper (on you) and faster and we won't get bent out of shape when you join the TFC guild on par with your skill and gear. We'll welcome those that stay to support our future raiding and wish well of those that level and leave.

All can invite to guild, just search for a guild member or myself for an invite.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
time wizzer 4ever.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thank you for your input Lynaerie; however, I will not sink down to your level with a similiar personal attack nor explain my reasoning as it has apparently escaped you.

We are still looking for more and, Lynaerie, your alt is welcome if you'd like to 'take advantage' of my lack of leadership :-)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Make this man a saint, pronto!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks Murzealous! Blizzard has faction change services if you don't mind gaining a 'slight' greenish tint in the process. We even have blood elves to remind reformed alliance of their former bretheren, the night elves.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Thanks Murzealous! Blizzard has faction change services if you don't mind gaining a 'slight' greenish tint in the process. We even have blood elves to remind reformed alliance of their former bretheren, the night elves.

Oh, I mind.

scum goblins

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/23/2010 3:49 AMPosted by Murzealous
Oh, I mind.

scum goblins

We all have our preferences Murzealous, I tried though!

12/23/2010 9:43 AMPosted by Lynaerie
Why strive for mediocrity? If you plan on raiding, you should know that a steady turnover is most likely going to kill you in the long run.

I believe I see where we diverge in how we view things Lynaerie and that is centered around the definition of mediocre and the criteria for ascertaining quality.

Mediocre: of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.

<The Way of the Fist> is not < Fatum Imperium> which understandably is your defintion of the best guild possible. At one point in my 11 years of MMO gaming I would have agreed since <Fatum Imperium> rocks when it comes to server firsts.

We are looking for people that want to work together for the mere purpose of working together and enjoying the company. We are not worried about being the first or for that matter the tenth to accomplish various tasks.

There are 10,001 guilds out there that are recruiting for the sole purpose of raiding end game content. If they don't down said content quickly and efficiently many players will leave to the next greener pasture. I don't mean any offense to these players or these guilds as I have played this game and 'enjoyed' (used for a lack of a better term, the sense of satisfaction seemed so short lived) it for a short period of time, I don't now.

We want to be (or maybe already are?) that community for people to enjoy the company of other players for an extended amount of time, without having to down more content to avoid player loss. In short, what MMO gaming used to be.

We realize many players that join our guild at 20th level are alts and we may only get to enjoy that guildie's company while they are on their alt and not raiding to down some boss. We also realize and appreciate the fact that player may decide to change mains later resulting in them leaving the guild as they want to get the same shineys on the toon that was in our guild. If they enjoyed their time with us, and us with them, then we still mutually benefitted. Sure the other guild will have shinier pixels than us, but we will still have enjoyed eachother's company prior to them leaving. That to me is high quality. We want to bring the multiplayer back to MMO gaming.

All said, if you feel like logging on to 20-35 guildies of various levels at nearly any hour or day of the week shoot us a tell on your alt or your main. Will we beat <Fatum Imperium> in downing a boss tomorrow? Nope, it is more likely Deathwing will become the next President. However, I'd assert that people who work together and actually like being around eachother past the numbers they push in an instance have a greater chance for success and enjoyment of the game (please note this is NOT an attack of Fatum, they quite possibly are the best o' buddies; but I have been in guilds were the only glue holding the team together was made with epic quality loot).

Will we raid? Sure. Will we be first to down a boss? Nah, I think I'd rather enjoy the game as a member of a cohesive team. Who knows what the future will hold though.

And one last thing in this overly long post: your alt is still more than welcome to the team Lynaerie. Come actually enjoy the game with us.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Update: Rank 6, 270 members, normally 20-30 online, peaking at mid-40s online.

Knocking out regulars and heroics at the moment, the raid boss will still be there next week (or so goes the rumor at least :p )
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Rank 7, 343 members, 45 online as of this posting, guild exp about capped at 4pm server... mediocrity at its finest!

<The Way of the Fist> has now paid 8.5k in guild member repairs and has looted 22408G. We aren't making money off of our guild's efforts, but we are enjoying a friendly MMO environment.

PST to any member for an invite, we have room for any that treat others as they want to be treated.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Rank 10, 650 members, 100+ 85s.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Rank 12, 870+ members, 140+ 85s. More than half a dozen raid ready tanks (per wow-heroes scores and observed abilities) in need of similiarly geared heals (primarily) and dps.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Rank 13 and we hit 1,000 members today. Removing inactives if any active players are interested.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You opinion is duly noted. Sorry for booting ya? Nah, i'm not.

*Edit: We are guild level 23 as of this posting, 24 in very short order.
Edited by Praios on 4/9/2011 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm confused.... Someone from Rubicon called another guild "bad"? Half of their members aren't even level 60. Maybe Howiedoit's idea of a good guild is the one who has the most members. Go make a level 1 alt and you will get an invite from Rubicon within a few minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Incredible feat btw, yas <Phoenix> kicked some serious butt in getting Realm First level 25 Guild. We're still only 24, but we only have 30 something percent to go.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]