Prot rotation for solo pve?

22 Human Paladin
Can anyone give me the scoop or guide me to an updated website that says what rotation I use whenever I'm solo'ing as a prot pally?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The same one you use when you're tanking as a prot pally.

P.S. See Xayton's tanking guide.
Edited by Sarrael on 12/14/2010 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
22 Human Paladin
lol well i've never tanked yet, when I was leveling him I was all ret so i never got a chance to.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The rotation is detailed in the guide I mentioned. If you don't have an ability that's part of our rotation yet, you'll just have to leave that one out and just auto attack for a GCD.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It seems to me that no matter what class you choose it's very obvious what you should be doing. You just have to figure out which of your abilities are the most important to you and use them first. If it isn't glaringly obvious it probably doesn't even matter.
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
At your level it's going to be AS followed by CS spam, using Judgement as it becomes available. Eventually it becomes something like this:

Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous >- Judgement -> Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous -> (your choice here) -> Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous -> (something that uses Holy Power)

CS vs. HotR depends on how many targets you have really.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
At your level it's going to be AS followed by CS spam, using Judgement as it becomes available. Eventually it becomes something like this:

Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous >- Judgement -> Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous -> (your choice here) -> Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous -> (something that uses Holy Power)

CS vs. HotR depends on how many targets you have really.

This is more or less what I do. Exorcism (if I'm up for it), Avenger's Shield, Judgement, Crusader Strike, and then Holy Wrath if the mob is almost dead. If the mob is still kind of healthy I go with another round of CS and Judgement. I'm still waiting on Shield of the Righteous though. Sigh.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/14/2010 10:17 PMPosted by Atreus
This is more or less what I do. Exorcism (if I'm up for it), Avenger's Shield, Judgement, Crusader Strike, and then Holy Wrath if the mob is almost dead. If the mob is still kind of healthy I go with another round of CS and Judgement. I'm still waiting on Shield of the Righteous though. Sigh.

You'd be closer to it if you hadn't sunk a point into Hallowed Ground. You should respec in a couple levels. Plus Sanctuary is a mandatory talent of course.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
you honestly need someone to give you a rotation for SOLOING mobs? This is why the forums are full of %%%%#ing and moaning. People are idiots.
Reply Quote
^^^

If you dont want to help go rant/qq/flame/complain/be a 5 year old kid in another thread

OP your rotation is this:

AS to pull,
HoR-Jd-HoR-AS/HW*-HoR-WoG/SoR**, thats the basic rotation for multi target, for single target, replace HoR with CS and thats it.

* - Use the one thats not on cooldown.
** - WoG is good to get a lil load of the healer and build a little threat. SoR hits like a truck, best use with 3 holy power charges, and it builds a lot of threat. You'll have to decide based on the situation.
Edited by Ravlaor on 12/15/2010 5:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
seems like everyone has it right: the prot priority, solo or group, is pretty much the same as when you're tanking but you just use wog a little more than sotr since you don't have a dedicated healer.

One trick I use when soloing is i'll run up to one mob, then get in taunt range and get another, then run over and avenger shield another far away and back up until they're all together. then aoeaoeaoe :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]